Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

Six.

Rolling over and inhaling, Madison knew she wasn’t in her bed. Opening one eye, she saw Jake sleeping beside her. His mouth open, his tanned face relaxed, and his blue eyes hidden beneath his eyelids.

She couldn’t help but smile, and want to reach out to touch him. She knew he hadn’t sleep much in the past week, and she wanted to make up for that. Sliding to the end of the bed, she made little to no movement.

The memory of last night stuck with Madison as she gathered her shoes, key, and phone, and that made her smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Jake?”

The boy beside her sat still as stone. She snapped her fingers in front of him, but nothing.

Sighing she sat next to him as he sat perfectly still. She didn’t even hear him breathe. Pushing his shoulder, he finally blinked.

“Jake, you alright?”

‘I think so. I had this crazy dream where you basically told me you loved me.” Madison laughed and touched his cheek gently.

“You’re so silly.”

He smiled and looked at her hand, capturing her fingers in his, he kissed her palm.

“So it wasn’t a dream?” Smiling, she shook her head no and the slightly color overtook his features.

“Jake, you’re adorable when you’re nervous.” The light pink that adorned his cheeks was now a full red color. Coughing away his nerves, he sat up.

“So, what can I do now?”

“Whatever you want. I just want you to know that those mind games are no longer needed.”

“Well maybe, I know you get bored easily.” She pushed him and he laughed. His cheerful laugh rang out over the sand and she smiled.

Putting an arm around the girl, she sat closer to him and closed her eyes. Letting the sound of the waves relax her for the first time in awhile.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Madd, don’t go.” Jake mumbled as his eyes barely open, shut once again. A small laugh could be heard from his right, and suddenly lips found themselves on his forehead.

“Go back to sleep,” her sweet voice whispered. “I’ll be back in a little while.” Nodding, he felt sleep overcome his body once again.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“So, are you guys together?” Cara asked on the other end of the phone. Madison pushed her sleeve of her t-shirt that continued to fall, further up onto her shoulder.

“I have no idea, I mean nothing was resolved, or even decided.”

“Well I guess that’s okay. Just see how things go.”

“Yeah, that’s fine by me though.” Stuffing her bag closed, Madison looked at the clock and groaned. “I got to go though, I’m going to be late for work.”

Sliding the silver phone shut, Madison picked up her keys and set down the stairs. Grabbing her apron on the hook behind the door, Madison yelled out a bye and closed the front door.
Looking over at Jake’s house, the house was completely still. His parent’s cars were gone for the day, and for that she was thankful. She wanted Jake to sleep as long as he needed.

As she started her car, she turned on the radio, and began her day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

At 6 when the Coffee shop closed, Madison sighed and closed the glass door behind her. Pulling out her silver cell-phone, she smiled when a text message appeared.

1 unread message from Jakey Morris!

Reading the text he sent her made her smile. She decided to go straight to his house, not really caring that she smelled of espresso beans, or coffee in general. She knew he had slept through band practice, but knew his band members wouldn’t really care.

When she parked her car in her driveway, she cut across the freshly mowed lawn, and rang the doorbell to the Morris Residence.

When Jake opened the door, his shirt was missing, and his hair was glistening with water beads.

Smiling he moved over, and allowed Madison to enter the house. “Did I come at a bad time?”

“Nope, you’re perfectly fine.” Kissing her forehead, he took the towel off the back of the couch and headed up the carpeted stairs. On the way up, a picture of the Morris family caught Madison’s eye.

The picture was taken a few years ago, and Jake had been a scrawny boy. Keeping a laugh to herself, she pushed herself up the stairs behind him.

His guitar was placed next to his desk, his notebook filled with melodies and sweet harmonies rest on the top of his closed laptop. Picks of various colors rested upon his dresser, his desk, and on top of his wooden bed frame shelf. His dresser’s drawers were all shut; his closet door opened as clothes basically fell out onto the floor. The computer chair was pushed under the chair, and the TV was off placed on top of the TV stand. The huge stereo placed on it’s own shelf had CDs surrounding it in a built in the wall CD holder.

Falling back onto the plush bed she had previously slept in with its black comforter and blue pillows. Her eyes closed and her body stretched across the soft material beneath her body.
Warm fingers found the skin on her stomach where the fabric of her shirt rose, sending goose bumps over her skin, and smile to replace her frown.

“Jake stop,” she laughed. She knew he was smiling when he pulled his swivel chair closer to the bed.

“I want to play you something.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. Right?
Sorry it took forever to post this. College is killing me already.
Anyway I need to get back to homework, but enjoy!

Favorite Commenters :)
me without you, and green light go!
Thanks guys :)