Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 35

Brian’s POV

I woke up from the best night ever to the sounds of pots and pans, which could only mean one thing. Stormy was cooking and although there were a lot of things she was good at, cooking wasn’t one of them. I never had the heart to tell her though and when ever she felt so inclined to cook, I being the dutiful boyfriend ate like it was the best meal I ever had. You’d be surprised what salt and pepper can do.

Time to bite the bullet and get it over with. After pulling on a pair of boxers I walked into the kitchen. There she was happy as could be in my shirt with an apron tied around her waist.

“What’s cookin’ good looking?” I said as I walked behind the counter and grabbed a cup to get some coffee.

“I made bacon and eggs!” she was so proud.

I took the plate she handed me and sat at the counter, I never had to use a knife to cut scrambled eggs until I met her. The bacon …well I can honestly say I know what a charcoal briquette tastes like. So, there I sat chewing and chewing and chewing.

“You really do love me” she laughed.

“Of course, I do”

“The first time I ever made you breakfast and you actually ate it, I was sure you were just really hungry. Then the second time, I thought you were just being nice. I cant cook to save my life and you continue to eat everything I make. You really do love me”

“Does that mean I don’t have to eat anymore?” I felt a little guilty, but I had to ask.

“No, you don’t have to eat anymore.” She took the plate from me and pulled a fruit salad out of the fridge.

“Thank you” I winked when she set the bowl down in front of me.

“What do you want to do today?”

“You aren’t dancing today?”

“Nope, I am taking a week or so off”

“Oh really? Why?” I asked popping a strawberry in my mouth.

“Because I have this boyfriend that I miss very much”

“Who is he? I’ll kill him!” she laughed heartily at my little joke.

“You wouldn’t like him one bit”

“Why not?”

“He’s arrogant and some what conceited.”

“Is he good looking?” I played along with her little charade.

“mmm no, but there is still hope”

I nearly choked on a piece of fruit when she said that.

“He’s taking me for a ride on his motorcycle today!”

“He is? Well where is he taking you?”

“Where ever we end up…that’s how he rolls!”

I laughed and pulled her on my lap and kissed her shoulder. “You’re a funny girl, but I got go, so you’ll have to get up now” I patted her leg and lifted her off me.

When I stood I started to walk to the shower when I she called after me. “Where are you going?” she asked

“To take a shower, you see I got this girlfriend that I’m spending the day with today so I want to be ready early” I smiled.

“Oh a girlfriend huh?” she said with her hands on her hips.

“Yep, I’d introduce you, but you wouldn’t like her”

“Why not?”

“oh you know, she’s pretty hot and stuff”

“She’s better looking than me?”

“I’d answer that, but I don’t want to keep her waiting” I started for the shower again when she walked passed me.

“What do you think you are doing?” I asked

“I think I am taking a shower”

“Uh I was going to take a shower,” I reminded her.

“Yeah and I was going to let you until you said I had competition. Now, I guess you’ll just have to share.”

“I am all for sharing!” I followed her into the bathroom and already knew this was going to be a good day. She had no competition, my heart was hers.
--
Johnny’s POV

I don’t know what came over me last night when I kissed Riley, but I did it. I’d started dating, but I still felt guilty, I still felt like I was cheating on Kelli. Riley was the first girl I’ve kissed since she died and I hope for my sake it wasn’t a mistake.

As I walked down the hall I could hear Jonnie laughing and that is one sound that always put a smile on my face. I stood in the doorway watching her play with Riley. Matt had left his basket ball in the drive way once and when Jonnie got her hands on it there was no way he was getting it back. Riley was sitting on the floor rolling the basketball to Jonnie and every time it got to Jonnie she would fall backwards and start laughing.

I knelt down on the floor by Jonnie who was still laughing and she got up and came right over to me. “What’s so funny?” I asked

“Ball” she said and pointed to the basketball.

“You like to play ball with Riley?”

She nodded and went to pick up the ball. Riley stood up from the floor and even in the morning with no make up on she was still pretty.

“So, I was just thinking, since last night didn’t exactly happen the way it was planned, maybe you could indulge me and be my plus one again for dinner tonight”

There I said it, it was out there and no taking it back now.

“Well I guess I could go if you don’t mind me taking time away from Jonnie”

“I’ll get a babysitter, be ready around six” I kissed Jonnie on the nose and walked through the door to the kitchen to go get something to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only about 5 left...