Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 36

With the days that came, relationships blossomed, friendships were made and the house was filled with new family members.

For an entire week, no one saw Brian and Stormy. It took her four months since the incident in the abandoned laundry mat to be able to be intimate with him and even still there were times when she was uncomfortable, but he was patient and understanding. They spent the entire week getting to know each other again and not just physically, but emotionally and personally. He would share his music with her and she would share her dancing with him. Little by little they were working their way back to each other and both were enjoying the company.

Jimmy and Tera were the epitome of what love really is. They took each day with each other and their baby as if it were their last. Living for every smile, every laugh, touch, kiss, sound and sight. Since the baby, Jimmy had decided that he wanted to start dating again…dating his wife that is. So, one night a week, he would ask Riley to baby-sit so he could have an evening alone with Tera. It was the little gestures like date night, that made her happiest. No amount of fame or money could compete with what they shared. If they were to wake up in the morning and be poor, all that mattered to them was that they had each other.

For Zacky and Aubrey, everything was new. Their marriage, their baby and for Zacky this was a second chance. He had an affair with the stranger in the house and for a time managed to convince her that he loved her. It was only the fact that she told him that she loved him that made him feel obligated to say it back. Amazing what a man will do or say for sex. Harley being fired was perfect timing and her telling him that she would keep their secret was a blessing, however there was one person that still knew. Brian.
Only time would tell if he would honor his word and keep Zacky’s secret. He’d hoped that for the sake of his new family that Brian was a man of his word.

Johnny and Riley were dating, but not official and there were people in the house that had a feeling they were dating, but no one wanted to question it. Everyone had been there through Johnny’s heartbreak over the death of his wife and everyone had helped him through it. All anyone in the house wanted was for him to be happy again and it seemed to all of them that he was headed in that direction. Riley didn’t really know much about his wife other than she died and for that reason when he asked her to not to see other people she agreed, but told him that she wanted to take things slow. He agreed, willing to go at her pace. He didn’t want to make the mistake of having a rebound fling, he wanted to get to know her and for her to get to know him as more than just Jonnie’s father and her employer. Aside from the fact that Tera threatened to kick his ass if he fucked it up.

Matt and Sydney had not one, but two little additions to their family and both were overjoyed to be parents. Matt had been begging Sydney for kids since the day they got married. She held him off as long as she could and finally gave in. There was a time when neither one saw a future together, when they actually parted ways and even filed for divorce. It was the fear of losing each other that brought them back together, but there are some things that have yet to be resolved. A baby or two cannot mend a broken heart, nor can they make Matt and Sydney trust each other. Of course they loved each other, that much neither one could deny. Maybe it’s cliché to say, but is love really enough?

Things in the house had become less tense since all of the new additions. Things with Brian and Matt seemed to be on the mend, yet they weren’t 100% there yet. Stormy and Sydney were respectful of each other and although Stormy had every right too, she had no resentment towards her sister for her infidelity with Brian. She had a second chance at life and was looking forward instead of going backwards which made Brian extremely proud of her. It was still awkward between Sydney and Brian. Only now because everyone knew where as when it was a secret they were able to carry on as friends like nothing happened. Even though Brian knew that Stormy had forgiven him, he knew deep down that Matt hadn’t and that is what made things hard on all of them. Family night at the restaurant was nothing compared to what it used to be. They had dinner as usual amid the feedings and diaper changes, but were the best of times in the past?