Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 38

Tera’s POV

Today we had a blackout in the house due to the recent storms that have been rolling through. Although we are shrouded in darkness, when Jimmy is around, there is always light as he truly does light up all of our lives.

Today, I remember all the good times as there really are no bad ones when Jimmy is around, from the first time he made me pancakes to the birth of Legend, every day in between was a gift I will never take for granted.

--
Sydney’s POV

Today, I remember that everyone has that person in their life that is their one saving grace. That one person that no matter how bad things get and no matter how badly you fuck up, they don’t judge. They accept you for who you are mistakes and all without reservations and love you unconditionally. For me, that person is and will always be, Jimmy. It was Jimmy who taught me how to communicate when I couldn’t find my voice. It was Jimmy who helped me become a woman when everyone else saw me as a child and it was Jimmy who never turned his back on me when I didn’t deserve to have him as a friend. If you’ve ever wondered what the definition of a friend is, you’ve only to look at Jimmy to see it.

--
Matt’s POV

Today, I remember the day Sydney came to the house for the first time and how scared she truly was of me. I remember how she warmed up to Jimmy almost instantly. To have the ability to be able to make a complete stranger trust you in less than five minutes is a talent that most people just don’t have. He helped her find her way here and without him, I don’t think that she would have stayed.

Today, I remember what a gift God has bestowed upon all of us in Jimmy. In all my years, I’ve never had a friend like him and I know there will never be another for he is one of a kind.

Brian’s POV

Today, I remember that life is not something to be taken for granted. It is however, meant to be lived like every day is your last. I remember that one laugh that is so contagious that you cant help but laugh along. Jimmy can find the humor in every situation.

Today, I remember that when it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, It’s simply Jimmy resting his arm across them. No matter where I go, even when he isn’t in the room, he’s always there. Whether it’s a duck running loose in the park or a person putting grapes in their mouth…I can see Jimmy, where ever I go and I like it that way. I never feel alone.
--

Johnny’s POV

Today, I remember that men come in all sizes and no matter how small I feel, Jimmy always taught me to walk tall and stand proud. And today, I remember that you CAN pick your family and Jimmy is the best part of mine. Today, I remember that friends and family should never be taken for granted. People like Jimmy are the people who change the world.

--

Zacky’s POV

Today, I remember that laughter really is the best medicine and when I am feeling bad I can always count on Jimmy to make me laugh. I am a better person because of him. I know that in this life, mine has been touched by greatness. Today, I remember that everyone is unique, but in everyone there is a little bit of Jimmy just dying to come out and play.
♠ ♠ ♠
One month ago, we all cried and today we laugh. Not because it’s funny that Jimmy is gone, but because he left behind enough of a legacy to put a smile on everyone’s face and keep the laughter in all the hearts he managed to touch.

Today, I remember The Reverend Tholomew Plague.

Today, I remember a great man, not in death, but in his life, which was truly spectacular.

Today, I remember to find my inner Jimmy and let him come out and play once in a while, because Just a spoonful of Jimmy helps the whole world go down…

Today, I remember foREVer