Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 39

It was family night at the restaurant and everyone had gathered around the table. Johnny had invited Riley to come with him as his date and not Jonnie’s nanny and she graciously accepted.

Jimmy of course sat at the head of the table and it was he whom they all looked at when they all heard a fork clinking on a glass for attention.

“I’d like to make a toast if you will all indulge me for a minute or 10”

He stood and they all waited to hear what he had to say.

“First, I want to say to Zacky and Aubrey, wow! People wait their whole lives for a baby and aren’t so lucky as you two have been. If that little boy grows up to be even half the man you are Zacky, he’ll do just fine.”

Aubrey squeezed Zacky’s hand under the table as Jimmy continued to speak.

“And as for you Matt and Sydney who had to out do everyone by having two! If you need help changing any of the many dirty diapers that will come your way…don’t aske me.”

They all laughed at his joke, Matt especially. “So noted Jimmy!”

“Now, really, you two be good to each other, love each other or I’ll kick your asses.”

Jimmy moved from his place at the table and stood behind Johnny.

“I have something to say to you too.” Johnny put his head back and looked up at Jimmy. Jimmy leaned down and whispered in his ear for only him to hear. “You’re gonna marry that girl” and walked back to where he was standing when he started.

“Now, back to where I was…I heard a little rumor and I think it’s time to confirm said rumor. You see I heard that someone asked someone to marry them and someone said yes. Hmmmm Any truth to this Brian?”

Brian set the beer down on the table that he had just sipped out of. “You know, Jimmy, I think I may have heard that rumor”

“Hmmm wonder who it could be?” Jimmy said rubbing his chin and pretending to be thinking.

“Brian! Did you ask Stormy to marry you?” Aubrey asked.

“Yup” He grinned.

Everyone looked at Stormy to find what her answer would be.

“Oh come on, do you all really think I would be sitting at this table if I said no?” she said

“Wow! So you two are engaged” Sydney asked

Stormy smiled and held up her hand to show the ring.

“Well, I’d like to shake the hand of the chick that tamed Synyster Gates!” Jimmy yelled and ran over to Stormy.

When she held out her hand he yelled, “Fuck that!” and he pulled her in for a big hug.

As dinner went on, Jimmy continued with his random banter earning laughter from everyone in the room. To stand outside the window of the restaurant and watch this group, you would never know all the trials and tribulations that they had all gone through to get to this place today.
♠ ♠ ♠
One chapter left....