I don't need you

You can't trust him Erica!

Entering the cafeteria and scanning the busy room I'm searching for any sign of Calvin, I don't know if he's in here but I don't really have much choice. It's lunch and this is the only place I can think that he would be.
Spotting him at the front of the lunch line paying for his food I make my way over,
"Hey Calvin." I said tapping him on the arm
"Oh hi Erica." he smiled then looked behind me "Joe's not hiding somewhere getting ready to tackle me is he?" he laughed
"About that, I really wanted to apologize. Joe was completely out of line."
"It's cool don't worry about it, where is he anyway?"
"I don't know, and I don't really care." I shrugged
"Aren't you two supposed to be friends or something?"
"We were never really friends." I muttered
"So why did you always hang out with him?"
"It's a long story and I'd rather not talk about it."
"Sore subject?"
"No, he's just an asshole and I want to forget all about him."
"Fair enough...... So do you want to sit with me for lunch?" he asked gesturing to a nearby empty table
"Sure" I nodded following him to the table.
"I like the casual look your going for." he said as I sat down opposite him
"Really? I though guys liked us girls in strappy tops and denim shorts." I laughed
"You know thats the second time you've underestimated me. First with the whole talking to girls now this.... what else do you think of me?"
"I don't know yet." I smirked
"I guess we should spend more time together then."
"Are you trying to ask me out?"
"Trying? Yes, am I succeeding?" he whispered leaning forward
"Maybe." I whispered back
"Ok, so I guess I'll have to come right out and ask....." He said sitting up and clearing his throat "What do you say to a date this Friday?"
"Sounds great, I'd love to" I answered quickly.
Calvin glanced behind me, then looked briefly at his lunch then back at me "Erica, I don't want to sound paranoid or anything but Joe keeps looking over here."
"What? Where?" I asked in shock looking around then back at him
"Behind you, on the left by the vending machine."
Quickly looking back I'm shocked to see Calvin's right, there's Joe by the vending machine looking right at me over his notebook. Is he seriously trying to hide behind his notebook?
"I can't believe him- I'm sorry, can you excuse me for just a second. I'll be right back" I said scrambling to my feet as Calvin nodded.
Joe quickly closed his notebook as I got closer to him , grabbing his arm I pulled him outside into the hallway.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" I shouted not caring that there are people walking passed.
"Me? What's wrong with you? Your having lunch with him now! You don't even know the guy."
"I'm trying to get to know him but how can I when you keep interfering."
"I'm looking out for you, there's something about him you don't know." Joe said more quietly.
"Oh for god's sake, you can't stop can you?" I turned to go back inside but Joe pulled me back again. "What?!" I shouted
"I- I didn't want to say anything but- but he's the guy."
"What guy?"
"The guy! The one at my party, the one that tried-" he whispered before I interrupt him
"You are unbelievable Joe! You can't help yourself can you?" I yelled pushing his hand off my arm
"What? Erica I'm not lying."
"Just like you didn't lie when you said you cared about me and that I could trust you."
"I do care about you, that's why I'm telling you." he argued grabbing my arm again but I wriggle out.
"Well save your breath, because I don't trust you which means I don't trust what you have to say. The fact that you think you can lie to me so that i'll forgive just proves how pathetic you really are."
"Erica" reaching out to stop me from leaving again I avoided Joe's grasp, entering the cafeteria again.

*******

Pressing an ice pack to my cheek I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling, I should be at school right now but having a bruise on the side of my face would be a little hard to explain. If I'm honest I don't really know what happened one minute I was arguing with Allen when I got home from school yesterday and now I'm hiding away in my room. I've been here all night and today. Joe was calling me earlier, it was non-stop for an hour, he must have spent the whole of lunch hoping I'd answer. I didn't. I don't want to talk to him, not about this or anything. Hearing my stomach rumble I got up throwing the ice pack on my bed. Leaving my room I went downstairs going straight to the kitchen, thankfully Allen's not in here, I can defiantly hear him in the living room though.

Great, the fridge is practically empty, and so is the cupboard. Guess this means I'm going food shopping later. Grabbing the almost finished packet of pretzels and throwing one into my mouth I almost chocked, hearing a knock at the front door.
"Don't bother I'll get it." I muttered walking past the living room, opening the door I groaned and slammed it closed again. I can't believe he's here, can't he just leave me alone. I can't even hide at home anymore.
"I'm not leaving until you open the door." he shouted from the other side of the door
"Go away Joe." I leant on the wall crossing my arms across my chest
"Please Erica, just open the door."
I might as well get this over with, I know he's not gonna leave unless I talk to him. Opening the door again I glared at him as he stood with his hands in his jacket pockets.
"You weren't a school today, I wanted to make sure you were ok." he said picking up on the fact I'm not going to be the first to speak.
"As you can see I'm fine." About to close the door, Joe stepped forward blocking the door
"That doesn't look fine." he said gesturing to the bruise on my face
"I fell." I muttered
"You know I'm not going to believe that." he sighed
"It's better for both of us if you do and just leave."
"I'm not scared of him-"
"Yea well I am, and I'd appreciate it if you would go now." I snapped hoping that he listens and just leaves.
"Do you wanna go for a walk?"
"Why would you even ask me that?" I said in disbelief
"Yes or no?"
"No, Joe in case you've forgotten want's happened recently I still hate you."
"I don't care if you hate me Erica, but I'm not going to let you destroy your life."
"How am I destroying my life, it's the same as before you got here. Except this time I have a date on a Friday night."
"You have a date?" Joe's eyes widened in shock
"Yes Joe I do."
"Calvin asked you out? You can't go out with him."
"I can and I will. You can't tell me what I can and can not do Joe. If you were my friend then maybe I would take the fact you don't like him into consideration, but your not so I don't care what you think of him."
"Erica you can't tr-"
"Erica close the door! Your letting in a draft!" Allen shouted from the living room
"That's your cue to leave." I muttered lightly pushing Joe back and closing the door in his face.
"You can't trust him Erica!" Joe shouted through the door, taking a deep breath I made my way back upstairs.