I don't need you

Have you both joined forces now?

Taking a drink from my coke I continue staring at the large movie screen, suddenly feeling Calvin's arm go around me I look at him smiling back and resting my head on his shoulder. As you've gathered we're on our date, so far everything has been going great. I expected myself to be really nervous but surprisingly I'm actually relaxed, however at one point I thought I saw Joe but I'm about 98 percent sure it wasn't him. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

***

"Just make yourself comfortable and i'll be back in a second." Calvin smiled as he showed me into his living room, I nodded taking a seat on the large sofa watching him leave the room. Looking around I let out a sigh, I'm starting to feel nervous now. Not because we're alone in his house but because..... well if I'm honest I don't really know why, I guess in the back of my head I still have a little voice reminding me of what Joe said about not trusting Calvin. But believe me when I say I've been trying really hard to block it out.
"Here, I got you a drink." Calvin smiled as he returned, holding onto two glasses
"Thanks" I said taking one and having a sip, I can taste the alcohol straight away; not that I mind. "Taste good, what's in it?" I ask licking my lips
"Mixture of stuff" he shrugged taking mine and his glass and putting them on the coffee table, watching him he moved closer to me and leaned in to kiss me. Obliging I kiss him back for a moment before pulling away
"You don't waste time do you?" I laughed nervously as his hand made it's way to my knee.
"Not so much, I see it as..... well like you said, a waste of time." he smiled kissing me again, placing his other hand behind my neck.
It isn't long before he starts leaning me backwards, I break away from him biting my lip
"I think maybe we should slow down a bit." I muttered
"What do mean?"
"I mean I can see where this is going I want you to know it's not gonna happen, not tonight anyway." I answered bluntly
"Tomorrow?" he said raising an eyebrow
"No, Calvin not tomorrow. Not for a while."
he dropped his hands looking slightly frustrated "I'm sorry, I'm confused you were up for doing this at the party last week."
"Kissing and having sex are two completely different things, I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression but-"
"Are you kidding me!" he groaned
"I think it's best if I go home now." As I stand up Calvin grabs my wrist pulling me back down
"Look i'm sorry ok, I didn't mean to yell. It's just, first it's Joe-"
"This has nothing to do with Joe, I don't even know where this whole Joe versus Calvin thing started." I shouted
"The guy is an asshole. You know the party he had a few weeks ago? Yea he threw me out."
"Why?" I asked quickly
"That doesn't matter, the point is the guy just doesn't like me."
I stopped looking at Calvin my throat suddenly feeling dry, I grabbed my drink from the table swallowing it in one. "I've gotta go." I said standing up.
"What? You just got here."
"I know, and I'm sorry."
"I'll take you home then." he shrugged
"Calvin it's fine, I'll walk." I insist not wanting to be alone with him any longer
"If you're sure." standing up he steps forward giving me another kiss "See you Monday?"
"Yea... sure" I nod nervously and leave the room, before he can show me to the door I'm outside closing it behind me.

Oh my god! I can't believe Joe was right, Calvin was the guy that tried to have sex with me when I was passed out. Either that or Joe threw out more then one person at his party and I'm just jumping to conclusions. Pulling out my phone from my bag I quickly find Joe's number and call him.
I continue walking as I wait for him to answer "Hello" he answered
"Hi, Joe I know I'm the last person you expected to hear from but I have a question."
"Ok, what's up?"
"How many people did you throw out of your party?"
"What?"
"Your party, how many people did you throw out?"
"Just one.... Why?"
"Ok, bye." before he can stop me I hang up.
Great. Just great. Not only is Calvin, the one guy I've been interesting in a possible rapist but Joe is right. Why does the world hate me!

******

So it's Monday i've spent the day avoiding both Calvin and Joe. Joe had spent the whole weekend calling me and leaving countless voice mails, and obviously I haven't responded.
Pushing my lunch around it's plate I glance up from my secluded corner of the cafeteria just briefly watching people sitting with their friends. I let out a sigh then drop my fork pushing my lunch tray away from me, I guess I'm not in the mood to eat. Picking up my bag I stand up, heading for the doors I keep my head down.

Walking down the hall I make my way towards the library, people rarely ever come in here during lunch. Then again not many people come in here anyway.

Sitting down in the far corner I cross my arms over the table and rest my head on top. Briefly closing my eyes I have to stop myself from falling asleep, I'm not even tired but I guess this is what a quiet room and boredom does to me.
Hearing the chair across the table move I lift my head to see both Joe and Calvin sitting opposite me.
"Seriously, have you both joined forces now?" I mutter
"No, this douche-bag followed me." Joe said glaring at Calvin
"I followed you so you couldn't harass her." Calvin responded
"I'm not the one she has to worry about."
"Will you both just shut the hell up!" I shouted then quickly look over to where the librarian should be, by the looks of it she's gone.
"Look, you pissed her off now." Calvin muttered
"You're both pissing me off. What do you want anyway?"
"Well I wanted to make sure you were ok since you wouldn't answer when I called you last night... and the night before." Joe sighed giving me a sympathetic look
"Have you ever thought maybe she's not ok because you were calling her-" Calvin said before I can say anything "-She doesn't want you around, I'm pretty sure she's made that clear to you." he continues
Rolling my eyes I stand up letting them both continue arguing with each other, it's not until I start walking away that they both realize I'm leaving.

Walking down the hallway Joe and Calvin following me I ignore them both calling my name. I'm caught off guard as Calvin rushes out in front of me
"Look I know why you don't want him around but why are you suddenly pushing me away?" he asked reaching out to hold my hand.
"Are you seriously asking her that question?" Joe shouted from next to me
"Hey! I'm talking to her, so why don't you stay out of this." he shouted back
"I'm not gonna let you-"
"Will you both shut the fuck up!!" I screamed surprising Joe, Calvin and anyone nearby. "Calvin I know what you did, I know why Joe threw you out of his party. I don't want you around me anymore because I don't feel comfortable around you, I'm sorry that-"
"Don't apologize to him." Joe interrupted
"Joe shut up!" I snapped then turned back to Calvin "I'm sorry that I'm not going to even consider giving you a chance, because in all honesty I can't put myself through that. I don't know whether you feel guilty for what you did and part of me hopes you are. Now I don't want you to talk to me again." Dropping my hands Calvin walked away without saying anything to me, I take a deep breath briefly looking at Joe.
He opens his mouth to speak, I shake my head and walk away heading for the main exit. I'm not in the mood for him or for my last class of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best of chapters but it gets the point across.

In case you're wondering this isn't the last you'll see of Calvin.