Unlucky in Love

A Good Gift

…Ember’s POV…

“Did I do good on my present to you?” I murmured in his ear. Dominic replied by pulling me closer to him, making me moan. “I figured I might as well do something for you that also benefits me.”

He chuckled and moved us into a sitting position, and I kissed him hungrily, grinding slowly on him. His lips moved to my throat, kissing it and my collarbone. I tilted my head back when he moved to the side of my neck. My breathing spiked when he tightened the hold on my hips, forcing me down on him completely.

“That’s pretty selfish, isn’t it?” he teased, kissing my jaw before reaching my swollen lips. I ran my hand through his hair and gripped when I felt a wave of pulsation begin in my lower body, causing me to arch my back and press our chests together.

I pulled away from the kiss slightly. “It’s not selfish.” I replied defiantly. “I don’t hear you complaining that this is boring.”

He lowered me down on the bed and kissed a trail down my throat and to my chest. I bit my lip and groaned. He was going too slow for me, so I took matters into my own hands and pushed him so I was on top—which I had never done before.

I was sitting on my knees, with my legs folded against me, and his hands were on my waist and pulling me down on him. I moved quickly, my hips moving on their own without any help from my brain. The noises I made would’ve embarrassed me any other time, but right now I was in a haze of a cloudy, lusty dream.

“Holy fuck.” I muttered, grinding on him harshly. I was so close, and he was not even close to complaining. He came, and that just set off the beginning of my orgasm. I was panting shallow breaths, trying to speak but no coherent words coming out, and my eyes closed completely.

Dominic regained his position on top, and I yelled out in the most intense, pleasurable feeling I’ve ever had. I pressed my open lips to his and kissed him deeply. His tongue traced my lips, and I moaned again, coming down from the orgasm. After a moment, he broke away and pulled out slowly, letting us savor the last feeling of this sexual episode.

I didn’t move—I didn’t have the strength to—and Dominic tried to catch his breath. He rested his head on my chest, and I ran my hand through his hair and sighed contently, letting my eyes close. It wasn’t every day we had a peaceful moment like this, and I wasn’t going to waste it.

This was one time we didn’t have to do anything afterwards…we just got to lie down with each other and sleep throughout the night. We didn’t have to worry about school or work. We didn’t have to worry about Emma.

We just had each other.

* * *

“Em?”

“Yeah?” I murmured, opening my eyes slightly. His head was still resting between my breasts, and his breath tickled my skin. He lifted his head slightly to look at me.

“Thanks for last night.” He said, smirking slightly.

I smiled tiredly. “You’re welcome. It was fun.”

He shook his head and moved over to his side. I felt a burst of cold air when his warm body left mine. I pulled the covers up over me.

Dominic brushed my hair back from my face. “The best I’ve ever had.” He said earnestly. “I love you.”

“Good.” I replied. “Love you, too.”

Sleep was about to take me again, and then I heard the phone ringing. Dominic answered it on the fifth ring, reaching over me to get it.

“Hello?” he asked groggily. He sighed. “Yeah.” He mumbled, and then hung up.

“What?” I asked, my eyes still closed.

“Daveigh’s coming over to drop off Emma—she wants some time to herself.”

I groaned and turned over to see that it was only seven in the morning. Emma would be wide-awake right now, and I was totally out of it. I sat up and got out of bed. I grabbed a summer dress and a pair of underwear and went to the bathroom to take a shower—a surefire way to wake me up.

The shower definitely did the trick, and I got out and changed into the dress and boy shorts. I dried my hair, put it up in a messy bun, and then walked downstairs to make Dominic—who had gone back to sleep—some coffee.

I filled a glass with orange juice and made some toast, and then went into the living room to watch TV. The doorbell rang when I was done with my toast, and I got up and dragged myself to the door. Daveigh was texting and holding Emma on her hip. I took Emma easily, Daveigh still paying attention to her phone, and I took Emma’s bag from her as well.

“Thanks for watching Emma, Daveigh.” I said, and she finally looked up from her phone.

“No problem. I’ll ask you for a favor one day.”

I rolled my eyes and closed the door when Daveigh started walking towards her car.

I took Emma with me and plopped down on the couch. Poppy came in from the doggy door and hopped up on the couch and rested her head on my thigh. We had ended up selling all the puppies—including Blondie and Cooper—and Poppy hasn’t been too happy with us lately.

“Are you sleepy, Emma?” I murmured. Her eyes were closing slightly. Emma wasn’t usually tired in the morning. I took one of the pillows from the couch and set it down next to me, so it was between me and the couch cushion. I lay Emma on it and lay down next to her, and we both fell asleep in no time.

When I woke up, Emma and Poppy were gone, and I sat up, panicked. There was a note on the coffee table, and it was from Dominic, saying he took them out for a walk. I checked the time on the cable box, and it was almost noon.

I lay back down and turned the TV back on. Dominic must’ve turned it off before he left.

About a half an hour later, the door opened, and Poppy ran inside and jumped onto the couch with me. Dominic came in with a grocery bag and some Blockbuster DVDs.

“Did you go to the store?” I asked, stretching.

“Yeah, I just got a few things. I got you a movie though.” He said, handing me one of the DVDs.

“Well, thank you.” I replied. He kissed me on the lips and handed over Emma, who was wide-awake and smiling. She loved spending time with Daddy.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me.

I shook my head. “Nothing. You just wore me out is all.” I told him, smiling sheepishly.

He bent down to my ear. “Just wait till next week.” He whispered.

“I don’t know if I want to wait a week.”

He grinned. “Well, technically, tomorrow starts a new week, so…”

“We’ll see.” I said simply, but almost like a promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Filler. Sorry.

Please comment!