Status: Completed! :)

Wicked End Academy

Of Course I'm Gonna Hit Him Back!

I bolt up, throwing my purple flip flops on and running outside with Marissa. There's already a crowd around the two guys. Brian has his back to me and Matt is glaring at Brian.

"Brian, don't," I scream as I run in between them. Brian doesn't hear me, but Matt does.

"Brian," Matt yells. That doesn't stop Brian's swinging arm.

My jaw does, though.

I slam into Matt, who catches me around my waist. We fall to the ground my waist. We fall to the ground and I look up at Brian while holding my throbbing cheek. I've never heard a more shocked silence in my life.

"You fucker," I growl as I push myself up off the ground and I shove Brian against the brick wall. I punch him, splitting his lip with the force. His nose is bleeding already and his eyes is black. He stares at me, stunned.

"The prefects are coming," someone whisper-yells. Everyone starts to scatter and Matt grabs my arm.

"Come on," he urges. I stare at Brian, not moving. I hear yelling and sprint away with Matt on my trail. We hide behind the boys' dorm house.

"What the hell was that," he exclaims, bending over and supporting himself by putting his hands on his knees. He looks up at me as I run my hands through my hair. "Are you crazy?!" I shake my head.

"He hits me, I'm gonna hit him back," I say between breaths. Matt smiles and laughs a little.

"You sure you didn't get your ass stuck here 'cause of fightin'?" I smile back.

"I shouldn't even be here, Matt," I say, putting my hands on my hips. "I should be at Huntington Beach High."

"We all should be, Char," he mutters, standing straight up. "Did you fight a lot at Huntington before you came here?"

"No," I reply quietly. "I fought my dad a lot." His expression turns kind of frightened.

"Fist fight?" I nod, looking down. "Why?"

"He, uh..." I look up and meet his gaze with my pained stare. "Drank and did drugs. I can't remember the last time he was home and sober." Matt stays silent for a few seconds, thinking about what to say.

"So it's actually a bit of a relief for you to be here instead of home." He says it as a statement.

"Yeah," I whisper as an answer anyway. "If it wasn't for Ro-" I stop myself, "all the fighting, I'd wanna be here forever." He watches me skeptically.

"What were you gonna say before that," he asks softly, walking over to stand right in front of me.

"Nothing," I answer, sounding completely honest. He isn't convinced.

"Just tell me, Char. I won't tell anyone else." I shake my head.

"I can't, Matt," I murmur. "It's too personal." He nods.

"All right. "Will you tell me when you're ready?"

"Yeah." He pulls me into a tight hug and I return it. We let go and walk back out into the open.

"Do you think Brian'll tell Principal Bale," Matt whispers.

"I don't think so. I know he won't say a word to anyone about me hitting him.

"Everyone will know by tomorrow, it's the best fight I think anyone's seen here in a while." He looks at me and his eyes widen. "Oh my, God! Your jaw-" He doesn't finish the sentence. I touch my cheek and wince, feeling pain surge through my entire face. "Does that hurt?"

"Yeah," I say, "but I'll be fine."

"You sure?" I nod. "All right." He walks me to the girls' dorm. "I'll see you tomorrow." He goes to turn around but I touch his arm. He looks back at me.

"Why were you and Brian fighting," I ask softly. He watches me for a few seconds before looking downward.

"I saw him kiss you," he says. "He knows I really like you." Without looking at me he walks away toward the boys' dorm. I run my hands through my hair and take a deep breath. I walk into the dorm house and feel everyone staring at me. I ignore them and go to my room, going back to sleep immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is random, but have any of you ever listened to "The Bird and The Worm" by The Used? It's so good, I'm obsessed with it X) that and "The Silence" by Mayday Parade...
Anyway XD comment!!!
<3 - Katelyn