Status: Completed! :)

Wicked End Academy

Note Passing With Three Different Pens

I wake up the next day to the sound of a bell. I guess that's our wake up call or something. I get up and dress in my uniform. Someone knocks on my door and I croak out a "come in".

"Hey, what's wrong," Marissa asks as she comes in and closes the door. "Your voice is different." She's right. Since what happened yesterday, my voice is quieter but still high pitched.

"I dunno," I answer with a shrug. She sits on the edge of my bed and smiles widely.

"Oh em gee, I heard Rodney is gonna be waiting outside for someone," she says excitedly. I freeze in my spot.

"Oh." My heart pounds in my chest at the thought of seeing him.

"And I also heard your loverboy has been looking for you." I turn to look at her.

"Who?" Her smiles fades.

"Matt Sanders. Brian Haner has been, too. I think both of them are in your English class." She looks at her watch and stands up. "You ready to go?" I nod and grab my bookbag. We walk out of the dorm house, but I almost run back in.

"Hey, Charlotte," Rodney says with a smirk. I cringe and keep walking with Marissa. She looks at me incredulously as we walk into the main building.

"He talked to you! Oh em gee! He only talks to seniors! But why didn't you say anything back?!" I shrug. The class bell rings and she walks with me to English. Her class is right next to mine so we split at the doors. I walk in and see Matt and Brian. Matt sees me and motions for me to come over. I look at the teacher, who shuts the door after the official bell rings.

"Charlotte, you may sit between Mr. Haner and Mr. Sanders." Ugh, great. I walk over and sit in the seat between the two of them. The teacher immediately starts writing on the board as a piece of paper slides onto my desk from Matt.

I'm still really sorry. I pull out my hot pink ink pen.

I know.

Then why are you still pissed?

I'm not.

Yes you are.

No, I'm not. Brian takes the paper and starts writing on it with his blue pen.

Matt, just leave her alone.

No, she's mad at me and I'm trying to make sure she knows I'm sorry.

She knows!

I KNOW! JUST LEAVE IT!

...

Char, can we start a note, like, alone?

I don't care.

So you want me to stay out of it?

Yes.

Matt crosses his arms over his chest as Brian pulls out a new piece of paper and starts writing.

What happened?

Nothing.

You're lying to me.

No, I'm not.

Please tell me. I saw how you reacted when Rodney said something to you earlier. What did he do?

Tears almost come to my eyes as I remember everything. I see Matt watching me so I turn away to make sure he can't see me crying. Brian can, though. He takes the paper back and starts writing.

Did he hurt you? Cuz if he did then I can beat him up for you, And I'm sure Matt will, too. Please tell me? I wipe the tears away and return the stare he was giving me before looking back down at the paper.

You can't tell Matt. Or Johnny or Jimmy or Zacky. I know I've known you for a day, but you're the only one I can actually trust out of everyone here...

I swear on my guitar that I will not tell a soul.

He raped me. I glance at Brian after he reads it and I see his fists clench before writing.

Rodney?

Yes. Yesterday. After the fight.

Where?

A janitor's closet.

Can we hang out a little after afternoon classes? You know, so we can talk?

Just the two of us?

Yeah. You'll be safe with me, I promise.

All right.

The bell rings and Matt and Brian both stand up. Matt starts walking, but Brian waits until I'm standing, also. He gazes at me for a few seconds before pulling me into a hug.

"We'll talk more later," he murmurs. I nod and he lets go and meets up with the rest of the guys outside the classroom. I walk out, too, and see Marissa. I silently walk beside her to the cafeteria as she chatters about school elections.
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot of coding XP ugh. Well here it is :) I'll update again on Thursday or Friday. Enjoy and comment!!!
<3 - Katelyn