Status: Completed! :)

Wicked End Academy

I'll Prove Zacky Wrong

Brian stares at me for a few seconds. not sure how to respond. He takes in a deep breath.

"You have no reason to be afraid of me," he murmurs. "You know I would never hurt you."

"I've only known you for two days, not even. I don't know-"

"Look into my eyes, Charlotte," he whispers. "Look into my eyes and then tell me you think I'll hurt you." I stare at him, straight into his eyes, and don't say a word. After thirty seconds, he grins a little. "Tell me," he breathes. I take a deep, shaky breath.

"You won't," I say. He looks from my eyes to my lips and back again.

"And you doubted me," he says. I shake my head a little.

"Not doubt, I just can't trust-"

"You can't trust me, I know, hun. But learn to. I really am the most trustworthy person in this hellhole."

"I don't know that for sure, Brian," I tell him. He opens his mouth to say something, but a shout interrupts us.

"Brian, Music Theory is gonna start soo-" Matt calls from the door, but stops when he sees how we're standing. Brian doesn't move a millimeter.

"Oh my God," I whisper, imagining what's going through Matt's mind. He jogs over and stands in front of us. He glances at my bloodshot eyes, then sees Brian's tear-stained shirt.

"What happened," he asks wearily. I look down at Brian's shirt, trying to ignore the looks the guys were exchanging. Brian starts to idly rub my back.

"Don't worry about it, man. What's done is done, no need to talk about it," Brian tells Matt. Silence follows for about a minute until Brian sighs. "Let's get back inside, class is gonna be starting soon." I nod and he backs away, but takes my hand in his after Matt turns around. We all walk back into school, but I hold Brian back. He gives me a puzzled look.

"After I ran out of the cafeteria, I heard yelling," I say.

"Rodney was about to go after you..." He trails off, looking down at our intertwined fingers.

"What did you say to him? He looks back up and stares into my eyes.

"My exact words were 'don't fucking touch her' and I ran out after you." The bell rings and I let go of his hand, but he takes it back.

"Let me walk you to class so I know you're safe." I nod and we walk, stopping at my locker on the way. I walk into my Italian class, still holding Brian's hand. Zacky's in the same class so we walk over to his desk. I sit in the one next to him as Brian leans down to whisper something in his ear.

"No matter what it takes, make sure Rodney Wilson doesn't come anywhere near her. I don't care what he says, get her to me before you leave her alone," Brian hisses. Zacky grins evilly.

"I'll get her to you, then I can finally have a chance to beat the shit out of him," he mutters. Brian smirks and pats his shoulder.

"That's why I'm asking you to do it." Brian stands straight up and lightly kisses the top of my head.

"I'll come back after class. Don't leave Zack's side till then, okay," he murmurs.

"All right," I reply. He leaves just as the bell rings and the teacher walks past him.

"You're going to be late, Mr. Haner," she calls to him.

"Ms. Krutz don't care if I'm late," Brian yells back. The teacher shuts the door, shaking her head.

"Buon giorno, classe," she says. I watch her write something on the board until a piece of paper drops on to my desk. I look at Zacky and he just smiles.

Why is Brian being so protective over you??

I dunno... what did Rodney do to you?

That's bullshit... what are you talking about?

You said you finally had a reason to beat Rodney up...

Oh, that. I just hate the fact that he acts like he;s all high and mighty when he's not.

Oh...

You know Matt has a thing for you, right?

Yeah.

And Brian does, too.

No, he doesn't.

Uh, yeah he does. Trust me. I've known him for a few years now, I know when he has feelings for a girl.

He's just protective.

To an extent. Whatever happened between you two made him fall head over heels for you.

You're exaggerating.

No I'm not! I can guarantee he'll start acting more affectionate and he'll get jealous every time you pay more attention to Matt.

Wanna bet?

$5?

Deal.

We'll shake after class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh ohh, what will Brian do if he finds out??? :))
Comment!!!... Please? :)
Due to the wacky weather here, I have no idea when the next update will be. I have prewritten up to chapter 8, and the next chapter is pretty lengthy...
I'll try my hardest to post it on Thursday (not likely) but I will try.
Thanks for reading!!
<3 - Katelyn