Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 18th Chapter

The strong smell of coffee and bacon woke Zacky up from his sleep. He lifted his head from his drool stained pillow and groaned heavily. His head hurt like crazy. He couldn’t remember what happened last night. Rolling over, very slowly to his side, he caught a glimpse of the back of his left hand. There was a faint purple circle there.

Closing his eyes, Zacky did his best to think back about what he did last night. He remembered a phone call, getting into a car, and lights. There were many lights in his memory. “Abby,” he realized, clapping a hand to his forehead. That was a stupid idea as his face grimaced at the loud noise.

Downstairs, Adeline placed everything in order. She brewed a fresh pot of coffee and was currently pouring some of its steaming contents into a white mug. Placing it down gently on the kitchen table, she took a step back and observed everything.

The cup of coffee was in order, the breakfast she cooked—identical to an iHop sampler—was waiting for a lucky person to touch its contents, the bath upstairs was ready, and the stereo was turned on. She smiled faintly, pressing ‘Play’ on the stereo remote before reaching the stairs. Jimmy recommended playing Backstreet Boys’ Larger Than Life.

Hurriedly, Adeline ran up the stairs and swung the door open to Zacky’s room. He was on the floor rolling around. “That fucking hurts! Turn it off!” he screamed, groaning afterwards.

She stepped out of his room, turning the music off since the stereo was in view. Stepping back into the room, she asked enthusiastically, “So are you awake?”

“Yeah,” he grumbled, picking himself up from the carpet.

“Good!” she smiled brightly, unaware of Zacky flinching again. “I drew a bath for you, Come on now.”

Zacky let Adeline push him towards the bathroom as she made his bed for him. He yawned, hoping a warm bath would calm down the banging headache beating against his skull.

A loud scream alerted Adeline as she finished fluffing the pillow on Zacky’s bed. She turned around, facing Zacky with a murderous expression on his face. He had a towel covering his lower half, water from his body dripping onto the carpet.

He stalked up to her, holding her wrists tightly in his hands. She whimpered, moving her wrists back and forth so he would release his grip. “That hurts, let go,” she told him.

“No,” he spat. “What the hell are you doing? Trying to kill me?”

“N-no,” she stuttered, looking down at her feet. It was quite obvious he didn’t want her help.

“Don’t try that shy act. It doesn’t work anymore.”

What was he talking about? She wasn’t “acting” out anything. If he wasn’t going to thank her for trying to make him feel better, then so be it. “I made you breakfast,” she said, tears in her eyes, as she walked away, pulling her wrists towards her body.

Zacky growled, baring his teeth and proceeded to take his shower.

Adeline placed the remote on the living room table before reaching for the house phone. She called Jimmy, having a hard time seeing clearly.

“Rawr,” was his immediate response.

“Jimmy, it didn’t work!” she cried.

He started laughing. “Oh man I wish I was there. That would’ve been funny.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The things I told you don’t help hangovers.”

“Why would you do that?” she wondered out loud, feeling hurt. “He’s so angry with me! I think he hates me now.”

“Oh, Ady, I’m sorry. He shouldn’t have taken it seriously to begin with. We used to do that all the time with him.”

“Yeah well that’s good for you,” she stated sarcastically and bitterly.

“Aw don’t turn into a chuck.”

“Chuck?”

“A chicken and duck. They’re sad since they’re part duck but the chicken in them can’t make them fly.”

“Wow Jimmy. I have to go.”

“See ya later.”

“Bye.”

She hung up, taking her house keys with her. In times of her sadness, hanging out with Matt was the only thing and person that would make her feel better. Besides that, she was going to avoid Zacky at all costs.

He passed by her in the kitchen with his clothes sticking to his wet body. “Ad-” he began, but she already walked out the door.

He sighed, spotting the coffee and plate of food on the table. She really had made him breakfast, and now, he felt even worse. When she was talking to Jimmy, he picked up the phone from upstairs at the same time, ready and able to rant to Brian. She was using the landline already though.

He knew he shouldn’t have listened in on their conversation, but he couldn’t help himself. He heard everything. He didn’t hate her, there wasn’t a nerve in his body that could; he was just so annoyed. Of course, karma came back and bit him in the ass. Now she was angry with him and he knew he had to make it up to her somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am G posting this 1st period in school.