Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 36th Chapter

‘The show was definitely worth it,’ Adeline thought to herself as she began walking out of the arena.

Jimmy and Brian were busily annoying Zacky about their little antics onstage, Johnny mussed his hair, Matt took off his shirt and swung it over his shoulders, and Brian was walking behind his band mates with Ady.

“We heard what you were talking about back stage,” Brian mentioned nonchalantly while smoking a cigar.

Adeline had her arms wrapped around her midsection. It wasn’t a cold night, but she felt the need to protect herself. Maybe it was from Brian. He made her nervous for some reason.

“Is that why you put a bib on him?” she asked, some humor in her eyes.

Brian nodded guiltily, but with a smile on his face. “It was so funny! You can’t deny that.”

“Okay, I can’t. It was funny.”

“Was that your purpose of coming here?”

“Actually, yes. Now that I’m done, I’ll go to a hotel and go back home.”

“We don’t want you wasting your money. Stay on our bus for a night and then you can decide what to do from there.”

“Brian,” Adeline frowned, “I can’t do that. I don’t want to invade any of your space.”

“You would not!” he retorted. “We like your company. You’re always so calm and nice to us. We don’t spend enough time with you anyways and you’re one of Zacky’s best friends. Stay, pwease?”

“One night couldn’t hurt,” she mumbled, giving in.

Brian smiled. “I win!” he announced as he picked Adeline up and squeezed her body tight against his.

Everyone turn around just in time to see Brian and Adeline’s moment of tenderness. Zacky had a small frown on his face. ‘Of course she likes Syn. They all fall for him,’ Zacky thought, shaking his head slowly.

Val set her cup of green tea on the table when she heard the familiar voices of her best friends. Among those voices was a feminine one that she could not place. Curious, she stood from her seat on the couch and opened the door to the tour bus. She stuck her head out to find all of the people she knew so well as well as a younger woman who, quite honestly, looked a bit scared.

With her hands on her hips and a smile on her lips, Val shouted to her friends. “Hey! Who is your new friend?”

Matt grinned and jogged the rest of the way to his girlfriend, kissing her sweetly on the cheek. “Ady is Zacky’s love interest but he refuses to tell her,” Matt whispered expertly into Val’s ear.

She smiled and stepped to the side so Matt could walk inside and take a shower.

Everyone else began to file into the bus with Brian and Adeline entering last. Brian had his arm around Adeline’s shoulders, making Val raise her eyebrow in suspicion. Brian’s only answer was a wink towards his best female friend. His plan was to mess with Zacky’s anger and make him as jealous as possible so he would tell Ady that he had feelings for her.

“Well,” Brian yawned, “I’m gonna call it a night. Ady, you should sleep in my bunk with me since there’s space.”

Five pairs of eyes looked at Brian with scornful expressions; Zacky’s was the worst. Johnny nudged Zacky to do something. He exhaled shakily, nervous of what he was going to say next.

“Don’t you dare! You are not seducing my best friend!” Zacky warned, pointing a slightly weak finger to Brian.

“Besides, there is an extra bunk you idiot,” Johnny sighed, shaking his head.

“How about I show you your bed?” Val offered, wanting to keep the viciousness down to a minimum. Adeline nodded silently, unsure of what to say at Zacky’s outburst. He sounded a little too much like Matt, and she wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know, I always wondered when the reader count would be updated