Too Much Of You Is Never Enough.

Excuse Me?!

Did he really just say that!?

Jack dared Alex to...kiss me?!

We both immidiately tensed up.

"On the lips." He added.

Alex looked at me apprehensively.

It seemed as though everyone was waiting for me to do something. I shrugged.

We got up and walked over to each other.

Alex gave me a small sideways glance, as if to say 'are you sure?' He knew extremely well that this was yet to be my first kiss. Even Kara didn't know.

I gave him a small nod; he understood.

For some reason everything appeared to be moving in slow motion, now that this was really happening.

Alex stepped forward, and closed the distance between us.

He brought up his calloused hand to my face. He brushed back my hair and put his hand to
cup my cheek .

He closed his eyes as he began to lean in.

So many thoughts were raceing through my mind, before his soft lipis came crashing down on mine.

That same electric current seemed to radiate through our breifly connected lips.

I wondered if he felt it too.

We pulled away as Jack whistled.

And of course I was blushing.

Alex smiled goofily as we sat down.

Wow

***

As the game progressed Alex got his revenge on Jack, and made him streak down the road shouting as he did it.

I worry for those poor peoples' eyes who had to see the incandecent Jack running through the night.

We never spoke of the kiss though I couldn't help but still feel that tingling sensation.

We were watching the Saw movies as Alex called my name.

Whoops spoke too soon.

"Hey Raine, come with me to go find some popcorn." Alex said, standing up.

"Oh, alright." I answered.

We walked into the kitchen and he turned to face me.

"So about what happened..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"What about it?" I asked surpriseingly calm.

"Did you...did you feel anything?" He asked, curiosity clear in his eyes.

I thought things over quickly.

What should I tell him?

Hmm let's see how about, The truth!?

Why? He obviously doen't like me that way!

Yes he does! I'm sure he felt that spark too! Why else would he bother to talk about it?

The voice had a point.

Against my better judgement, I answered. "No..." All the while my conscience screaming at me.

Releif washed over his face, as expected, although his eyes held something I could not quite get.

He hugged me. "So are you okay...that you know...I was your first kiss?" He asked a little more at ease.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Thank god. I was worried that you would be weirded out, or something." He pulled away and smiled.

"Nope, nothing can come between our friendship." He smiled wider.

***

Everyone was asleep, except for me and Kara, and as she promised we were talking about it.

"You need to ask him out!"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

She sighed. "So what did Alex want with you?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Nothing...he asked me-when we kissed-if I felt anything."

"Oh. My. Gosh!" She let out a girlish squeal-and trust me Kara NEVER squeals. "What did you tell him!?"

"Er...well, see-about that..." She frowned, "I told him I didn't..."

"Do you feel anything?"

"Eh...er...yes."

"Well then!?" She whisper yelled, "Obvously he cares, why else would hee bother to ask?"

Damn

She makes a goooood point. The voice sang.

Oh shut up.

"But-well...I..."

"Exactly. How many girls have ever kissed Alex?"

"A lot..."

"And how many of them do you think he actually asked how they felt after?"

I didn't answer, I knew she was right.

"Mhm." She said, grinning in triumph.

That got me thinking:

What exactly am I to Alex?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so glad tomorrow is friday-that makes things so much better! (:

wo-hoo! number 10!

(: Happy days to all! haha