Status: 1-8-11--- I come on to this story story page and think, "Wow. This sucks." I think I'm going to either edit it or redo it (layout, chapters, summary, EVERYTHING). Thank you to everyone that is still subscibed.

Love Is Complicated

Buddy's Sports Bar

David's POV

School just ended and Kat and I are headed to meet Abbie and James at the car.

As soon as we get there Abbie practically jumped us with questions, "You 2 kissed! What happened?! Are you going out?! What the hell happened?!"

Kat looked scared so I answered, "We kissed because everyone was staring. We thought it was hilarious! Oh and no, we aren't going out."

All Abbie said was "Oh. I wish I could have seen all those girls faces!"

Then I looked at Kat and said, "See? I told you she wouldn't be mad."

Then Abbie asked, "Huh?"

Then Kat answered, "He said every girl would hate me. I at first thought you would also hate me. Then he told me you would laugh when you heard the truth."

"Well he was right. Ha ha. (real laughs)"

Then I remembered something and said, "Oh and Kat said she'd come to Buddy's tonight."

Abbie looked over at Kat and said, "Really? You know by 'Buddy's' he meant Buddy's Sports Bar?"

She answered with, "No, but I figured it was something like that. I don't care though. As long as I get away from the new house, I'm good."

"Why? Your new house is awesome!" Abbie said.

"My new house is a mansion. And I only live in it because of..........................my dad." Her voice got all sad. And for some reason I wanted to hold her, to give her comfort.

I don't know why, but I had to ask, "What happened?" When I said it James elbowed me, but it didn't hurt.

Katie slightly looked up and I saw a silent tear running down her face. She said, "He died. In a.............car accident." I know she was holding back more tears. Once she could, she said,
"Well, let's go. I'll call my mom and tell her I'm sleeping over at your house Abbs. Is that okay?"

Abbie looked up at her, she was probably about to cry like Kat, she's like that, but anyway she said, "Yeah, that's fine."

We all got in the car and headed to Buddy's.

*
*

Katie's POV

As I got off the phone with my mom I told Abbie, "She said it was okay that I could sleep over."

She said, "Cool. We're here by the way." She sighed and said to James, "I should have drove."

He said, "You drove this morning."

Then Matt cut in saying, "GUYS! SHUT THE HELL UP!!! It doesn't matter who drives. We're here, that's what matters, now pop the trunk. My guitar should be in there."

I look at him confused as we get out and go to the trunk. Abbie and James went in but I went to the trunk and ask Matt, "Guitar? Do you play?"

"Yeah, it's my job here. Performer. No making fun of me," he says.

The I say, "Wouldn't dream of it. You know, I've known you for not even a day and so much has happened."

"Like what?" He asked even though I think he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"Well, where to begin. I think I'll start at the beginning. I saw you in only boxers...."

"Like you didn't like what you saw. You know what, if you saw what I wear under my clothes, it's only fair if I see what's under your clothes." He said as he raised his eyebrows.

I laughed ad said, "In your dreams."

"How did you know?"

"Whatever. Anyways, second, we kissed in the hall............"

"Which bring us back to my dreams...."

"STOP INTERRUPTING!!!!" I screamed.

"Fine. But I know what your talking about. What is really funny is that you don't know my real
name."

What?

So I said, "What?"

Then he said, "My real name is David Mathews. But I don't like the name 'David', so people call me Matthew. My friends call me Matt. So you better not start calling me David."

"Fine."

By this point I noticed we were inside Buddy's and Matt was almost done setting up. Wow, he was subconsciously setting up.

"I'm going to go find Abbie," I said.

Then he said, "Kay, I'm going to finish setting up. Abbie's probably at the bar."

“Thanks....................David.” Then I ran.

As I ran I heard him yell, "Hey!"

When I got to Abbie I was still laughing. She asked, "What's so funny?"

"I just called Matt, David."

"Woo, he's probably pissed." She said and shrugged.

Then, on the speakers we heard Matt say, "Hey I'm Matt, but most of you know that. Tonight I'm going to start with a new song. It's called 'All The Same', here it goes:

[A/N-You don't have to read the song. Oh, by the way, DISCLAIMER!!! I DON'T OWN THE SONG ALL THE SAME!!!]

I dont mind where you come from
As long as you come to me
But I dont like illusions I cant see
Them clearly
I dont care, no I wouldn't dare
To fix the twist in you
You've shown me eventually what you'll do
I dont mind
I dont care
As long as you're here

[Chorus]

Go ahead and tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
And do it all over again
It's all the same

Hours slide and days go by
Till you decide to come
But in-between it always seems too long
Suddenly
But I have the skill, yeah
I have the will, to breath you in while I can
However long you stay is all that I am

I dont mind, I dont care
As long as you're here

Go ahead and tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
And do it all over again
It's always the same

Wrong or Right
Black or White
If I close my eyes
Its all the same

In my life
The compromise
I'll close my eyes
Its all the same

Go ahead say it
You're leaving
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are now
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same


Then everyone, including me, started clapping.

He played about 10 more songs then came over to the bar where I was sitting, and said, "What did you think?"

"I think your really good. You have an amazing voice."

"Really?"

But before I can answer Abbie came over. She says, "Matt, James said our dad has a girlfriend over and is kicking us out. Can we stay at your place. Oh, and Kat too."

"He's kicking you out?" He asked.

"It's for 1 night, maybe 2. Considering how good it goes with this girl. Also, it's a Friday, so it doesn't matter. Anyways, can we stay over."

"Sure I don't care."

This was to much, I had to cut in, "Abbie, what about me? My mom would kill me if she found out I slept over at a guys apartment."

"She won't find out."

"Kay, she better not find out."

Then Matt left to go finish singing and Abbie went over to help a customer.

Once they were gone some guy that looked about 17 came over to me. Then I recognized him, it was Trace. He asked me, "What are you doing here?"

I answered, "I'm here with Abbie, James, and Matt."

"Oh. Well if your ever looking for a job, this is the place to come. I'm the owners son."

"Thanks, but I'm not looking yet. I just got here last night. It's a miracle I was able to come to school today."

Then, through the speaker we heard Matt say, "Thanks for listening and enjoy the next performer." Then he mumbled, "Whoever that guy is," I don't think he knew the speaker caught tat second part.

I looked over at Trace and said, "Well, I gotta go, see ya." Then I went to Matt and from there we went to find Abbie and James. After that we all went to the car and sat in the same spots as this morning.

As soon as we were all in Abbie said, "Now off to the apartment,"

This is definitely going to be a night to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
The song '"All The Same" is by the Sick Puppies. It a weird band name, but that is a good song! Then again, a lot of you probably didn't read it but whatever.

By the way, it's not my fault it took so long to publish this! I told you that I have to get at least 2 comments for every chapter. I've had this chapter finished for a while, in fact, I'm in the middle of writing chapter 7 now.

As of now-

8 comments, 33 readers, 8 subscribers, 1 star


TWO COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!