Status: Finished

Never Forget Me

Miscarriage

Image

Lilah and Cedric walked into the common room. Rachel was sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes. She rushed over to them.

"Where have you two been?" she asked.

"We were at the waterfall. Why? What's going on?"

Rachel shook her head. "It's not good. Becca was walking down the stairs. She missed a step and fell. She lost the baby."

Lilah felt her eyes water up with tears. She couldn't believe that had happened. Her best friend had lost her baby. She rushed out of the common room towards the hospital wing. She knew that's probably where Becca and Blake were at. When she walked inside she found Becca laying on one of the beds and Blake sitting next to her. She headed over to Becca and pulled her into a hug. Becca burst into tears as did Lilah.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you." said Lilah.

"Where were you?" she asked.

"Cedric and I went to the waterfall."

"Oh." said Becca.

"What happened?"

Becca sighed. "Well, I was trying to find you and when I rushed down the stairs I missed one and fell. I put my hands out to protect the baby but I landed straight on my stomach. Madam Pomfrey said the baby died on impact. They already got her out of me. She was so small. She could fit into my hand." Becca began to cry again.

Lilah pulled her into another hug. Cedric and Rachel soon came into the hospital wing. They also comforted Becca and Blake. It was the hardest thing any of them had went through. Madam Pomfrey came into the wing and told Rachel, Lilah, and Blake that they needed to go so Becca could get some rest. Cedric and Lilah slowly walked up to the common room.

"I can't believe she lost the baby. Do you think she blames me for it? That's what it sounded like when she told me." said Lilah.

"She doesn't blame you." said Rachel. "It was an accident. I know it's a hard thing to deal with but I'm sure they'll have another baby together."

Lilah sighed. "I know but if I would've been there none of this would've happened."

"Don't blame yourself." said Cedric as he wrapped his arms around her body. "Things like this happen. She's not the first person to lose their unborn child. My parents tried to have another baby after me but they kept having miscarriages so they finally gave up."

"You never told me that." said Lilah.

"It never came up until now. But, like I said things like this happen."

"I know they do. I just feel so damn bad about it. I'm going to take a shower then go to bed. I love you."

Lilah kissed Cedric's lips before heading up the stairs. Once in the shower she let herself cry. Her heart felt like it had shattered into a million pieces. She couldn't believe that Becca had lost her baby. When she got out of the shower she quickly got ready for bed. She just wanted tonight to be over with. Tomorrow would be a brand new day. She slid under the covers and fell fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this part is so short.