Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Good News in the Studio

I walked into the studio with a huge smile plastered onto my face. I couldn’t describe how happy I was feeling. It was as if adrenaline was coursing through my veins. I had gotten such a rush from all the fans that were here for me, me!

“Hey, hey, hey peoples what’s up?” I happily spoke as I walked into the studio.

Greg, my record producer was sitting in a chair in the studio in front of the controls. Next to him was Mike, another person who helped me record. They were both cool and great to record with. They didn’t have a problem with giving me advice and tips to help me hit the high notes and what not. I completely understood why Hollywood records had these two working for them. They were great for working with teens/ Disney stars.

Greg turned around in his chair to face me. Mike soon followed suit. Although their brows were furrowed together in confusion, a smile was clearly present on their faces.

“Well, well, well someone’s a little chipper today,” Greg spoke with amusement present in his tone.

“Well, duh, who wouldn’t be ready to record,” I was an octave away from shouting. The adrenaline that I had gotten earlier was still coursing through my veins.

Greg and Mike both shook their heads as they laughed. Greg then clapped his hands together. “Great, love the energy and it’s only going to get better once you hear what we have to tell you” he spoke.

I walked over to the couch on the far side of the studio and flopped down. It was a black leather couch, therefore it wasn’t that comfortable, but right now, I could care less. I was on my high. I was about to record another single and my other one was already the top of the charts. An uncomfortable chair could not bring me down.

“Oh yeah,” I smiled widely “well don’t just sit there and stare at me, what’s the news”

“Alright, alright calm down” he then set his gaze on Mike. Amusement was still dancing in his eyes. “Alright Mike why don’t you tell her since you have the paper”

Mike nodded and smiled at me. “So, we were going to call a lyricist to write your single, when B came back and gave us this paper that he said you dropped” He then reached into his back pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. “Apparently it’s song lyrics that you never finished, if you finish them today then we—”

“Oh my gosh yes! I’ll finish it now” I interrupted.

I practically hopped out of the seat and through my arms around Mike in a hug. This news only added to the high that I was already feeling. Turns out that I was going to get to write my last track and my second single. I wasn’t going to have to have someone else write the song for me.

I would definitely have to call B later and tell him how glad I was that he found the paper. He was officially one of the coolest people that I know. Seriously, what are the odds of me having this in my pocket and him finding it? Then again, he could have just given me the paper…not that it matters much anyways.

I couldn’t describe the joy that I was feeling right now. The combination of the adrenaline and my happiness made me want to explode. I felt like a 5 year old whose parents had won them the biggest stuffed bear at the carnival. This day just seems to be getting better and better.

Mike laughed before pulling me off of him. “Alright, so I’ll take that you’ll finish it before you leave here today?”

“Of course!” Mike and Greg only laughed at my reaction. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and caught the pen that Greg tossed at me. I tucked the pen into my pocket and opened the folded piece of paper. I started to read of the lyrics and smiled once I recognized them.

They were lyrics that I wrote based off of my relationship with my second boyfriend. We were basically an on and off couple. We dated about 3 times before we finally got rid of each other.

I didn’t date much because I was homeschooled but I did date. Sadly I’ve only had a total of 2 boyfriends but hey it was enough for me to say that I’ve dated…that was clearly a lie.

I re-read the lyrics a total of three times before I started to make changes to them. I had written the song months ago so there were still a few minor touches that I could make to them. After making a few edits here and there I started to finish the song.

It actually took me a while to finish the song. I had to remember how I felt while I was dating the guy so that the lyrics could seem realistic and flow with the rest of the song. It had taken me a total of forty-five minutes to write it. If you think about it, that’s a long time to sit in one spot and think about one thing during the summer.

I showed the song to Greg and Mike and they read it over. After giving me their approval and making a few minor tweaks we started to work on the music. This time I decided that I wanted to use actual instruments. On my last single it was mostly beats rather than instruments, sure you could use instruments to play the song, but they weren’t originally used to create the song.

I hadn’t touched a guitar in what felt like the longest, and I thought that it would match this song perfectly. Besides, on the high that I was having I felt like I should pull a small guitar solo. After warming up I knew that I would be able to do it.

Honestly, I only knew how to play three instruments, the violin, the guitar, and the piano. I needed something to do since I was homeschooled and taking music lessons just seemed like the right thing to do since I had such a passion for music.

I started off by learning the violin and the piano. Why, well because anyone who can play classical music can play any kind of music. In classical music you have to learn how to read music, count music and write music. Classical was the base of all music no matter what anyone tells you. If you could play that then you could play basically anything.

I learned how to play the guitar because all kids want to. There’s just something about it that we love oh so much. I didn’t take to the guitar quickly, actually I sucked at it for the long time, but since I was homeschooled, I had enough time to practice it. Eventually I got better and soon I was simply amazing. I stopped learning how to play instruments after that. It takes a lot of time to learn how to play an instrument. I don’t care what anyone tells you or what you’ve heard or read, no one is born knowing how to play an instrument at an amazing level. It just doesn’t happen.

Greg and Mike were in a heated discussion about the rhythm of the song. I simply drowned them out with a guitar that I had found. The one that I was playing was acoustic but I would switch to an electric one when it was time to record.

I was lying down on the couch playing a few chords when someone knocked at the door. The sound of someone knocking managed to snap the guys out of their argument for a moment. I didn’t bother to look up from the guitar.

“Yeah,” mike replied.

The door opened but I still didn’t bother to look up to see who had entered. “Hey guys, long time no see” Greg greeted.

“Yeah, a little too long if you ask me” a familiar voice spoke. At the sound of this person’s voice I immediately stopped playing the chords on my guitar. I looked up causing my jaw to drop from surprise at the shock. I found myself staring at Kevin. My gaze quickly shifted to the door to see if anyone was behind him. Behind him were Joe and Nick.

I blinked my eyes a few times as I stared at them. They were supposed to be hanging out with Kendra and Brandy. They weren’t supposed to be at the studio right now. Sure, I was glad to see them, but they weren’t supposed to be here right now.

“What you guys doing here?” I finally spoke. The amount of surprise that I was feeling began to show in my voice.

The sound of my voice caused them to break away from their conversations with Greg and Mike and turn their attention to me. Smiles immediately made their way onto their faces once they saw me. I saw Kevin’s gaze flash down to the guitar in my hands. This only caused his smile to grow wider.

He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Joe. “Buddy!!” he happily shouted. He quickly ran over to the couch that I was sitting on and plopped down next to me. He threw his arms around me and put me in a head lock. I couldn’t help but laugh as he began to mess up my hair. “What’s up my favorite little singer?”

I used my free hand to get out of Joe’s head lock. “Well I was having a good hair day until you showed up” I playfully joked.

“Awe you know you love me” he continued to smile.

I simply rolled my eyes at him. Sure, Joe wasn’t as crazy as people thought he was, but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t crazy and hyper. I knew that if I was related to them, Joe would be the person I would go to just to do something crazy.

I then focused my attention back on Nick and Kevin. “So, you’re here?” I spoke. I had meant for it to sound more like a statement rather than a question but either way works for me.

“We’re here!” Kevin shouted, sounding almost as enthusiastic as Joe.

I opened my mouth to speak but stopped once I saw Kendra and Brandy enter the room. I immediately noticed that Kendra had changed her outfit. It was a bit more colorful than the one before and was showing a bit more cleavage. I just wondered if she had gotten the reaction that she was hoping to get.

The next thing that I noticed was the huge smile on Brandy’s face. She had just spent the entire day hanging out with her favorite band and celebrity crush, I was surprised that she wasn’t jumping up and down. I knew that whatever had happened today, they both enjoyed.

I instantly relaxed knowing that they didn’t take the girls back to the hotel before coming here. I don’t know why I had thought that anyway. They were nice guys, I don’t think that they would even consider doing that unless the girls wanted them to, and I know that they wouldn’t want them to.

“Mind if we hang out here with our favorite rock-star?” Kendra asked.

A smile made its way onto my face. “Knock yourself out”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that i haven't posted in a while. At first it was because i didn't get any comments, and i did tell you guys that i needed comments in order for me to write the next chapter. It's not because i'm tormenting you guys, it's because i'm writing more than one story so i write more chapters based on the reaction i get from my readers. If a story gets a better reaction than others, then it gets more attention. Sorry.

Anyway, after getting the comments, i just needed to find the time to write the chapter. But now that i have here you go. It was going to be longer, but since i'm sick mi mum gave me a a time to go to bed and i have 9 minutes left ugh it sucks.

And I'm writing a new story. It's a Taylor Lautner Fan-fic and the idea has been in my head for weeks. Would you gusy mind reading it and telling me what you think, the links below.
Dysfunctional

Anyway,
Comments/Feedback=Next Chapter