Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Results

My leg continued to bounce up and down as I sat in the car, nerves habit of mine. I swallowed trying to remove the lump in my throat, but it remained in its place. I continued to play with the end of my side pony tail. I would run my fingers through it, twirl it anything to distract myself from what was going on.

My life was about to change dramatically. In less than thirty minutes, my life would be completely different. I would no longer be who I thought I was. There was a high possibility of me not being Viola Carmela Washington. There was a chance that my entire life was a lie. People always say that they are living a lie, but in my case it might be true.

Who am I kidding, it is true. Why did I even bother to put myself through this public embarrassment? I should have simply said that it was true as soon as I found out.

I’ve practically know my whole life that I didn’t fit in with my supposed parents. We looked nothing alike. People would of course say that I did, just to make me feel better but I know that we didn’t. I should have known from the physical traits. My hair was dark brown and extremely curly. Their hair, was blonde and pin straight. Neither of them had brown eyes, and we just weren’t alike.

I closed my eyes and inwardly sighed. How could I have been so naive? How could I have actually gone along with their plan. I had even dyed my hair and straightened it so I could look like them. The contacts, it was all because I wanted to fit it.

How could I have been so stupid?

Someone putting their hand on my knees caused me to open my eyes. I looked to my left to see brandy giving me a sympathetic smile. She was trying to be strong, to tell me that everything was going to be okay, but in my mind, it wasn’t.

But for her sake, I smiled in return, making it as convincing as possible. She nodded her head before removing her hand from my knee. She set her gaze back to the window.

The car was silent. No one had said anything since we left the studio. An eerie silence had been hanging over everyone. Not even Joe had tried to break the silence. He probably had the same thing on his mind as everyone else, what were the results.

Mr. Jonas had said that we had to go down to the clinic for the results. By the time we arrived he would be there waiting, with the results, the results that would change my life forever.

The car came to a halt, snapping me out of my trance. No one spoke as we un-buckled out seat belts and climbed out of the car. I was the last one to get out of the car. Of course everyone was waiting for me. They were all sending me sympathetic smiles, but I ignored them as I walked past.

I was on autopilot. I simply wanted to know the truth that’s all. I was trying to seem as if this wasn’t bothering me. As if I wasn’t affected by this at all, but inside I was slowly crumbling.

I stepped inside the clinic before anyone else. I didn’t bother to wait for them either. I walked directly up to the receptionist desk and told her why I was here. I ignored the sympathetic look that washed over her face as she told me what room to go to. I muttered thanks as I walked down the hall in the direction of the room.

The guys were a little confused, but followed me none the less. They probably figured that I had found out where to go so they should follow. I continued to keep my pace fast and steady. I was on a mission.

I reached the room and opened the door. All eyes fell on me as I stood in the doorway. Sitting at a long table on the right side were my “parents” and on the other side was Mr. Jonas. I could practically feel the tension between them. My dad’s face was stern as he stared at me. I knew what I would be in for if I ended up leaving here with them.

Sitting at the head of the table was a man in a light blue button up shirt tucked into a pair of black slacks. In front of him was a yellow envelope, the results were inside. His hands were folded in front of him as he stared at me. His face was also serious, a sign that he was ready to get down to business. He nodded his head towards a chair, silently telling me to sit down.

I walked over to the chair that was at the end of the table so that I was sitting directly across from him. I didn’t want to sit on either side of the table. It was like choosing who I would rather be with, the Jonas’ or my “parents”.

Nick, Joe, and Kevin soon entered the room. Kendra, and Brandy had to stay outside, for confidentiality reasons, though I would end up telling them the results soon. They didn’t hesitate to take a seat on the side of the table with their dad. Nick was sitting next to me, with Kevin next to him, then Joe, then Mr. Jonas.

Joe would give me side glances, to see if I was okay, but I avoided his gaze. Instead I stayed focused on the yellow envelope. That was all I cared about. I wanted to know what was inside, and soon.

The man at the end of the table cleared his throat, gaining everyone’s attention, but mine. “Well now that everyone’s in attendance, I guess it would be best to give the results” he spoke. His voice was completely serious but I could care less. My eyes were glued to the envelope in front of him.

My eyes followed his every move as he picked up the envelope. An awkward and eerie silence hung over the room. Everything seemed to play in slow motion. My heart pounded in my chest as he opened the envelope. He pulled out a few white papers and began to read them.

My leg began to bounce up and down as I sat there in anticipation. I wanted to yell at him to just tell us the fucking results but I didn’t. It took all my will power not to snatch the results out of his hands, and read them for myself. He was tormenting me.

He set the results down and glanced at everyone in the room. Everyone was staring intensely at him, while I continued to stare at the white papers in front of him. I couldn’t tear my eyes away from them. They were what determined my future, not him.

Everything continued to play in slow motion as his mouth moved. My ears seemed as if they weren’t picking up on anything. My ears managed to block everything that he said out. I didn’t hear anything he said until his last sentence, when my gaze finally broke away from the papers.

Even then I only hear two things, a word and a name. The word “is” and the name “Gabriella Marie Jonas,”

My brain somehow shut-off once I heard those words. Everything that I had done after words was completely on impulse. I had no control of anything I did anymore.

I quickly shot up out of my chair, causing it to fall onto the floor, I could care less. The glare that I sent them was the most hateful glare that I have ever sent anyone. It was so hateful that I wouldn’t have been able to describe it if I was able to see it, but I knew that it was hateful by the look on her face.

“How the fuck could you do this to me!!!” I screeched at the top of my lungs. The anger that was boiling inside of me was immense. The only emotions that I could feel were anger, betrayal, and pain.

“I fucking changed myself for you! You fucking lied to me my entire life!!!!!! I put up with all your shit for no damn reason!!!! Well you know what, you two can go fuck yourselves, you fucking took my life from me and don’t give a shit!!!!!! I hope you fucking burn!!!!!”

I quickly ran out of the room before anyone could stop me. Tears were stinging my eyes, but I didn’t care.

Everything that I knew was a lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=Next Chapter