Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Interview

I was confused about why they were here. Then again I wasn’t there manager so I don’t really know there business.

I was slightly worried about my dad. As stated before, my dad isn’t exactly a fan of them (as well as my mom). How was he going to react to them being here? Sure, my dad has class and knows how to act in public but he also has a temper, believe me I know. I’ve experienced it first hand. I hope that he won’t do anything embarrassing, or something that is going to get him thrown into jail.

I side glanced at Brandy to see her smiling like crazy while looking down at her boots. I knew that she was trying to contain her excitement. I was proud of her for not screaming. Meeting your celebrity crushes is something worth screaming about. I nudged her shoulder, as we got closer to them. She looked up for a split second before looking back down at her boots.

Ryan turned around and saw us approaching. He smiled and clasped his hands together once we reached him. “So which one here is Viola?”

I smiled up at him though it didn’t take much. He was actually shorter in person. “That would be me,” I said. I swung my left arm around Brandy’s shoulders. “This lovely beauty right here would be my best friend Brandy” I introduced. I used my right hand to point behind me. “And this is my Dad Charles Washington”

My dad and Ryan shook hands. “Well it’s nice to meet all of you” My dad seemed a little on edge. I could tell that he had tensed up and was becoming jittery. My dad is horrible about hiding when he’s nervous, but what does he have to be nervous about?

The Jonas Brothers were standing behind Ryan. I was still confused about them being here but I shrugged it off.

“Well we had a small problem,” Ryan said. “You guys were somehow scheduled for an interview the same day at the same time. Luckily, we have a solution. If you guys are okay with it, we were going to interview you guys at the same time”

I smiled one of the biggest smiles ever. Before I could respond, Brandy screamed. A piercingly joy filled scream. All the guys covered the ears; I was used to hearing her scream so I simply laughed. Once she realized what she had done, her eyes went wide; she covered her mouth and blushed a deep crimson red.

“Let’s just say that that’s my answer,” I said with a slight laugh. Everyone else laughed as Brandy continued to blush. That is, everyone except my dad. He still seemed on edge about something. His eyes were darting around the room quickly. I wanted to say something to him but Ryan spoke up before I could.

“Well let’s get ready,” Ryan said.

I followed Ryan into the studio with the boys trailing behind me. Brandy gave me a thumbs up through the window and I returned the favor. There was a blond lady inside the studio already but I didn’t know her name.

There was a huge window inside of the studio, standing in front of it were tons of fans carrying posters with pictures of the Jonas brothers. Some of them were wearing shirts with the guy’s faces on them; overall, it wasn’t hard to tell that they were fans.

The fans went crazy when the guys walked in. I actually wished that I had brought ear plugs. The guys simply smiled and waved at them. I found it funny but I didn’t laugh.

We sat down at the table and put the head phones on. We were in this order, Ryan, Lady, Me, Joe, Nick and Kevin. The table was round so after Kevin was Ryan again.

I looked back over to my dad and Brandy. She was smiling like crazy. My dad was on the phone with someone. How could he be on the phone at a time like this?

Someone counted us off and then interview began. The fans then stopped screaming.

“And welcome back. We have four people sitting in with us today” Ryan began. “We have Viola and the Jonas Brothers” There were various heys and hi’s form the guys and me. “So let’s start with Viola”

My heart began to thud against my chest. My breathing picked up but I tried my hardest not to show it. Here goes nothing.

“Viola is an up-incoming artist. So how are you doing today Viola?” he asked.

“Happily Nervous”

Everyone in the room laughed. “That’s something you don’t here very often”

“Yeah you gotta keep it fresh you know” I joked. Everyone laughed once again. My nervous started to fade away. This seems easier than I thought. I was still nervous but not as much as before.

“So how old are you Viola”

“I’m 15 years young”

“Jeez old much” Joe joked.

I smiled and playfully glared at him. “Look whose talking”

“Burn” Kevin said. We all started laughing, except for Joe who was pouting. Okay now I really don’t see why my parents don’t like these guys. They seem like cool people. They’re all nice, and just seem like great guys. They didn’t seem like the type of guys that my parents wouldn’t like.

The interview went on like this for about 2 minutes. We would all joke around and talk. I have no idea why I was so nervous. Everything seemed to be flowing smoothly. Not only that, but the fans seemed to like me. They weren’t screaming or anything.

Although Joe and Kevin did look, a little stunned when I said my birthday. They were both wide eyed and sort of stared at me. They faces were priceless; I was surprised that no one pointed it out. Luckily, there expressions changed not long after.

“So your new single is called Baby it’s you?” the lady asked. I nodded my head, forgetting that I was on the radio.

“And you wrote this yourself?” Ryan added.

“Yes I did. Well most of it” Ryan raised his eyebrow at me. “I didn’t write Bow wow’s part”

“Bow wow’s in the song?” the lady asked.

“Yeah. It was sort of last minute but he came in and gave us some bars and it came out perfect. Not to mention that working with him was like a dream for me. He’s cool though, like my older brother,” I explained. I saw Joe and Kevin somewhat tense up at the last part. Okay so these boys are slightly creepy but I still don’t see why my parents don’t like them. Nick is still normal.

“Well here it is, Baby it’s you by Viola featuring Bow wow,” Ryan said.

We were off for a few minutes as the song played. I took the headphones off and began smoothing my hair out. I was bouncing my leg up and down to let my nerves out; a habit I’ve picked up from my father.

My song was playing on the radio, my song. Thousands of people were now listening to my song. I was officially an artist, a singer. Now all I had to do was hope that people liked it.

“So you were born on May 23rd?” Kevin asked. His voice snapped me out of my trance. I turned and looked at him. What’s with this guy and my birthday? I hesitantly nodded. I could see Nick looking confused from the corner of me eye.

“Not to freak you out or anything but where were you born?” Joe added.

I raised my eyebrow at him. Then shrugged, there’s no harm in answering. “Some place in New Jersey I think but I can’t quite remember what my parents told me” I answered. I honestly couldn’t remember. My parents never really spoke of my birthday or anything like that. My mother didn’t tell stories of being in pain or the night or day that they brought me home. In fact when I whenever I would ask my parents about when I was born they would say that they would tell me more when I was older. As I got older, I simply stopped wondering. The most that I know for sure is the day of my birth and what year I was born.

There eyes went wide again and there jaws dropped. Nick and my face were both covered in confusion. What is with these guys and my birthday? Is that the day the world supposed to end or something?

“I can’t believe it” I heard Kevin whisper. Before I could ask what he meant, we were back on the air and I had to put my headphones back on.

The interview was great. Despite the awkward conversation that was had earlier between, Joe Kevin and I. Everyone seemed to like the song, but this was simply the beginning. I would still need to get the fans reaction.

The boys talked about there album, and answered questions from fans. Of course there were questions about whether they were dating or not and they said no, except for Kevin. He couldn’t really say that he wasn’t dating because he’s engaged.

Soon the interview was over and we left the room. The show wasn’t over though so Ryan and the lady had to stay in the room, which was understandable.

As soon as I was outside of the room Brandy and I screamed, ran to each other and hugged. We held each other tightly and rocked back and fourth. Soon Joe ran over and joined the hug. I couldn’t help but laugh as Brandy’s eyes went wide and she began to hyperventilate. Soon Kevin ran over and joined the hug. They were squeezing me extremely tightly along with Brandy, but I knew that she was in heaven, and so was I. I can’t quite describe it but I felt as if this is where I was supposed to be. Not in a loving sort of way but as a belonging sort of way.

Brandy turned her head to look at Nick who had his arms folded across his chest as he shook his head. Joe seemed to notice her staring at him. “NICK COME JOIN THE HUG!” he yelled.

“Dude my ears” Kevin said.

“Come-on Nick” I happily whined.

“Yeah come-on Nick” Brandy added.

He shook his head one more time before jogging over to us and joining the hug. We all laughed before pulling apart.

I looked around for my dad and he was still on the phone. What the deuce?

“Great job in the boys” I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned around to find Mr. Jonas talking to the guys. I cocked my head to the side as I admired his facial features. He had my nose. I know what you’re thinking, how can you tell that that’s your nose. Well when you’ve stared at your nose for 15 years, I wouldn’t consider recognizing it a hard job.

Suddenly the stopped making small talk and Mr. Jonas looked at me. I shifted under his gaze. It was awkward having a 40 something (how is he?) year old man staring at you.

Finally, he spoke and it was the last thing that I expected him to say.

“Gabriella?”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think about the ending?

Thanks for everyone who comments on my stories. The more comments, the more updates.

And for those of you who want to knbow what song i was tlaking about i was talking about Baby it's you by jojo ft Bow wow.