Sequel: Living in Action
Status: hope you like it

Missing in Action

Enough with the sugar coating

The girls and I talked for a while about how to handle the situation. After a few minutes, we figured out a solution. I may have known what I was going to do but that didn’t help to ease the pain. There was a possibility that my entire life was a lie. There’s a possibility that I know nothing about who I really am. My name may not even be Viola Carmela Washington. It could be Viola Carmela Jonas or anything. My last name might be Jonas, how is that possible?

The doctor informed me that it was okay for me to leave but I needed to drink more water. I nodded and he exited the room. I sighed before standing up off the bed. I was going to have to face everyone eventually, the sooner the better.

I began to have second thought as I walked down the hospital hall way behind Kendra and Brandy. What if I’m making the wrong decision, what am I going to do if I hate my decision? Once I tell everyone my decision, I can’t take it back.

I grabbed Brandy’s arms and pulled her back. She turned around to face me, giving me a confusing look. I pulled her to the side. “How do I know if I’m making the right choice?”

Brandy smiled and shook her head. “Do you feel like this is the best thing that you can do?” I nodded my head. “Then you’re making the right decision, FOR YOU. I think you’re more concerned about what your parents are going to think about your decision, am I right?” I nodded once again. She sighed and shook her head.

“This is about you. Not your parents, not the joe bros, not the Jonas parents, YOU. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks about your decision because, you’re going to be the one that is affected by this the most. Now is one of those moments when you should stop being so care-free and sweet. Just tell everyone how you feel. If they really want the best for you they will accept your decision maybe not with ease but they will accept it”

I stood there taking in everything that she had just said. It was true but my parents have possibly already lied to me. Why would they be willing to accept this knowing that they have done what they have done? I know for a fact that my dad is going to be mad at me, but if I’m someone else I won’t have to worry about suffering the………consequences. The only thing that is stopping me from making the choice is me, and I can’t let that happen.

I nodded my head before continuing to walk to the waiting area with Brandy. I guess Kendra didn’t notice that we had stopped, or she decided to keep going regardless. Either way, Kendra had already gone ahead.

My heart was pounding in my chest with every step that I took. My throat became dry as I walked down the long corridor. The walk to the waiting area seemed like forever. My life could change by who was waiting for me at the end of this hall.

I became even more nervous once we reached our destination. It seemed as if everyone who was at the interview was here now, minus my dad. My “mom” was standing near the window talking on her phone. Mr. Jonas was sitting in a chair net to Kevin tapping his foot up and down nervously. Kevin had a distant look on his face, as if he weren’t focusing on anything that was going on. Joe, Nick and Kendra were currently engrossed in a conversation.

My breathing began to quicken as I stood there. The rest of my life could be determined here and now. Everything that I know and love will be changed in a matter of seconds. Brandy noticed my nervousness and reassuringly grabbed my hand. I turned to look at her and she nodded her head. There was no turning back now.

I saw Kendra give me a side glance before standing up and facing me. “I told them that you would be out soon” Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. The guy’s and Mr. Jonas’ jaws dropped. I heard Mr. Jonas and Kevin say those eyes underneath there breath. I guess the fact that I have brown eyes comes as quite a shock to them. They probably feel as if I’m related to them now more than ever.

I suddenly took interest in my shoes. I quietly shuffled my weight back and fourth from one leg to the other. Brandy gave my hand a small squeeze to let me know that she was here for me. “Um…hi” I quietly replied.

My “mom” immediately ran over to me and embraced me in one of the tightest hugs I have ever experienced from her. I was having more trouble breathing because of her death hold. “Oh sweetie are you okay?” she let go of me and I gasped. Thank God for air. My mother shot the guys and Mr. Jonas a glare that would turn the hottest volcano onto Mt. Everest. “I am so sorry for all this mess THEY have put you in” She directed her attention back on me, her face etched with worry and concern. “All this stress can not be good for you. Goodness, but don’t worry, your father and I will have this all straightened out in no—”

“Jillian I’m fine” I interrupted. Jillian’s jaw dropped once the words left my mouth. Her arms fell from my side in shock. She took notice of me not calling her mom. I don’t think that I can because she might not be my mom. I need to call her something, why not her name.

“What did you just call me?”

I set gaze back on the white linoleum floors. I bit my lip re thinking the entire idea; maybe I should just ignore the matter. I would only have to live a life for three more years. Once I’m 18, it doesn’t matter who my parents are because I’ll be on my own. Though knowing who my parents are will still be a significant amount of information in my life.

“This is one of those times when you shouldn’t sugar coat everything,” Brandy whispered from next to me.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath. It was now or never. Now was one of the times where I didn’t need to sugar coat everything. I needed to be blunt and straight forward. I looked up from the floor and into my mother’s cold eyes. Here goes nothing. “Jillian, I called you Jillian, your name,” I plainly stated. She opened her mouth to speak but I raised my hand, silencing her.

“I can’t call you my mother until I know the truth. The same goes for Marcus” Jillian’s face was etched with confusion. I suddenly felt confident. I decided to go with my gut and tell everyone my decision now. I dropped Brandy’s hand and walked around my mother and over to the Jonas’.

“I decided that I do want to take the DNA test” Each of them smiled at my words. “There’s no good reason to why I shouldn’t. I haven’t thought about what I’m going to do if it turns out that I am the missing Jonas but I’ll decide that once I get the results back”

“Great, I can’t wait!” Joe yelled Kevin then hit him on the back of the head. Joe held his head and looked at his brother. I couldn’t help but smile at this. Maybe being related to them wouldn’t be so bad. I always wondered what it would be like to not be an only child. I turned back around to face my mother.

“And another thing, THEY didn’t cause any of this. You and Marcus did, you shouldn’t be blaming them for their loss, WHICH YOU PROBABLY CAUSED!” Kendra and Brandy were smiling. They had always told me to stand up for myself, and now was the time to do it.

“Yong lady you will not talk to me like that. I can’t believe that you’re actually going to go through with something as crazy as this. I am your mother and you will not stand here and disrespect me,” Jillian scolded. I knew that she was holding back. I knew that there was so much more that she wanted to say right now but she didn’t want to embarrass herself in public.

“If you’re my “mother” then explain why I have brown eyes and curly hair while you and Marcus both have straight blonde hair” My mother fell silent. I could feel my blood beginning to boil. They have lied to me their entire lives; after all of the bull-shit that I have taken from them, and they’ve been lying to me. “You can’t can you…..CAN YOU?”

“Viola you get over here right now, we will discuss this at home,” Jillian quietly said. She was trying not to make a scene but I didn’t care. I was beyond pissed. I was in no mood to keep quite.

“No we’re not. I’m not going home with you. You and Marcus will probably kidnap me again and take me somewhere else. I want to stay with Kendra at the hotel. And don’t call me Viola, that might not be who I am, I may be a Crystal, or a Jenny or a—”

“Gabriella” Kevin interrupted. Gabriella, it had a nice ring to it. It wasn’t as different as Viola, but it was nice. Simple yet nice, it was me. I smiled and nodded at him over my shoulder before directing my attention back to Jillian.

“I might be a Gabriella”

Kendra picked up her purse from off one of the chairs. “I’ll go start the car” she grabbed Brandy and started to drag her with her.

“But I want to see the fight!”

“What makes you think that I’m going to let you stay in a hotel?” Jillian asked.

I glared at her and clenched my fists. “Because you don’t have a choice”

I saw Jillian clenched her jaw as I spoke. She was just as angry as I was. I felt someone put his or her hand on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see that the hand belong to Mr. Jonas. His face was also etched with concern but it was then that I noticed how much I resembled him. “Are you sure that that’s what you want to do?”

I turned back around to face Jillian. She was angrier than ever. I knew that if I went home with her, she would pass me off to Marcus. I shrived and my left eye twitched at the thought. God knows what he would do to me if he got his hands on me. I bit my lip and nodded.

“I’m sure”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long for me to post. I kept changing the chapter.

So what do you guys think about this chapter?

Comments=love so please show me some love people.