Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Christmas Concert

"Hey Ash!" somebody said behind her, as she and her friends sat at the dinner table and ate their food. Ash turned to see Amelia and Emily - another Ravenclaw that was in the music class - stand behind her.

"Hey!"

"Care to join us?"

"Join whom?"

"It's time to get ready."

Ash looked at Amelia, "Oh... Sure I'll be right there," quickly she glanced at her friends. "I'll see you later."

Her group nodded and watched her walk behind the Ravenclaw out of the Great Hall. When they closed the door behind them Ash saw that they all had already gathered, they where the last ones to appear.

She was the only Slytherin in the music group this year - they told her last year there where three - but she didn't mind. The people that where in the music classes where fun and she had no problem with any of them.

"Ash!" they people chimed when they saw her, a few of the younger ones came and hugged her tightly.

"Hey there! Are you all ready to go out there?"

"Nah," a second year Hufflepuff answered. "I'm not sure if I can remember the text!"

Ash chuckled, "don't worry about it. You'll remember as soon as you sing it!"

"I guess."

"Not guess, know."

The Hufflepuff giggled and nodded.

One of the other seventh years - Davis, a Ravenclaw - came up to Ash and slung an arm around her shoulder. "Are you sure that you are a Slytherin?" he asked her quietly.

"What else should I be?"

"I don't know... Hufflepuff?"

Ash looked at Davis with wide eyes before shaking with laughter. "Me?" she gasped, "Hufflepuff?" - she broke down laughing again. "That's definitely not an option. I'm way to ..." she glanced at the younger kids. "...weird to be a Hufflepuff."

"But your way to nice to be an Slytherin either."

"No I'm not. Slytherins are nice. The problem is you always pick out the few idiots we have in there and say that we're all like that."

"Alright, name 1 Slytherin that is nice, not only to the people in their own house"

Ash looked at him. "Tracy."

"Have you ever seen her talk to someone outside of your house, without a sneer?"

"Yes, when she joined us in Music."

"Any other time? - Maybe class?"

"She gets along with that other Ravenclaw girl..."

"Sandra?"

"Yeah that's the girl, I always see them talking."

"Tracy found out something about Sandra and is blackmailing her into doing a part of her homework." Davis said.

"Oh... Well, there's also Blaise"

"Arrogant prick, I don't think that he likes anyone except you and Tracy, maybe Malfoy, and he's definitely not nice to people... just indifferent"

Ash looked at her fellow musician. "Draco?"

"Do I really need to answer that?"

"Chase Orion."

"Your fellow beater?"

Ash nodded with a grin. "Did you ever meet him in classes or when he's not around you? That boy is worse then Draco when it concerns other houses. And that he has muscles does not help anyone either." Davis told her, leaving Ash to frown. Was Chase, her little Chase, really a bad ass... Ash cracked up at the image that formed in her head at that thought.

"I don't believe you," she told Davis.

"You don't have too, just ask Tracy - she knows everything, right?"

Ash pouted at Davis. "So your saying that I'm the only Slytherin that's nice?"

"Exactly."

"But I'm not nice," she told him with an sober face.

"Sure you are."

"No, I'm not, trust me."

"And what's not nice about you?"

"If you insult my friends one more time you'll know."

"Your friends are arrogant, mean, spineless pricks," he whispered into her ear.

Ash smirked at him. "Alright. You've had it coming," she said and turned away from him.

"I just insulted your friends and all you do is show me the cold shoulder? Wow, your such a mean person," he said sarcastically.

"You'll be saying that without sarcasm at the end of the evening, believe me," she said over her shoulder and ignored him for the rest of the time standing outside of the Great Hall.

After what felt like an eternity, Flitwick joined them. "We're about to start now. Is everyone ready?" They all nodded and Ash took the time to grin at Davis one last time. As he saw her, he felt a shiver run through his body - he'd never admit it, but at that moment he saw that she had the potential of being anything but nice.

The doors of the Great Hall opened and the music classes entered. It wasn't an entertaining show, like they had on Halloween. It was more of your typical music concert. They lined up in front of the teachers table, with Flitwick at the front and Ash and Davis - as they where the best singers in the class - standing on either end of the group.

The snow was falling from the Hall ceiling, the candles lit up the room in a warm red glow, and their voices filled the room with Christmas spirit.

They sung Christmas Carols and Winter songs - including 'All I Want For Christmas', "When Christmas Comes To Town" and "That Holiday Feeling". The last song, was one of the last ones that they sung, and was a duet between Ash and Davis.

While the instruments started playing the songs, Ash and Davis stepped into the spotlight.

Look how the snow is snowing
Your eyes are soft and glowing
Jack Frost is nipping at our feet
I’ll bet your lips are warm and sweet

We’ve got that holiday feeling
That happy holiday feeling
Let’s roast chestnuts by the fire
Any little thing you desire

Those reindeer soon will be here
Won’t mean a thing to me dear
When Santa Claus begins his flight
I hope he gets a flat tonight

We’ve got that holiday feeling
That happy holiday feeling
Our favorite holiday of the year

You’d better leave
It’s been so lovely like this
A chance I’d never miss
But it’s so late

On New Years Eve
At 12 o’clock we’ll stop to kiss
And while the whole world will be whistle-blowing
We will still be mistletoeing

You think you’re such a smarty
C’mon let’s have a party
I know what’s running through your mind
This is the season to be kind

We’ve got that holiday feeling
That happy holiday feeling

So come and snuggle close to me
Right here where you’re supposed to be

Let’s kiss cause it’s the season dear
Let’s kiss who needs a reason dear
We’ve got that holiday feeling now


When the song ended the crowd gasped and Ash looked at her duet partner in faked shock. Davis looked around his eyes stopping when he saw Ash, pointing to his lower body.

Confused he looked down himself and saw that his clothes had vanished...

Shocked he tried to hide himself and looked up at Ash, who looked back with an mischievous grin. Slowly she took of her cloak and handed it to him - playing the part of the worried and shocked, not knowing what just happened, innocent girl. When she hugged her cloak around him, she whispered, "Still think I should be in Hufflepuff?"

In return he just glared at her and ran out of the Great Hall in embarrassment.

She looked at her Professor in concern, "I think this is the end of the show, right?"

Flitwick ran a hand over his face and nodded, "yeah, it the end of today's show."

Ash saw how some of the people on the Ravenclaw table raced after their peer, and felt how another one put her hand on her shoulder. "Was that you?" Amelia asked.

The Slytherin looked at the third year student. "I don't know what you mean. I was singing when it happened."

Amelia looked at her uncertain but nodded, "if you say so..."

Ash joined her friends on the Slytherin table again.

"What the hell was that?” Tracy investigated when Ash sat down in front of her.

"He insulted my friends, he had to pay," she answered.

"You did that? While singing?" Ash grinned as a response. "That was awesome!"

“Thank you,” Ash grinned and hugged her friend.

The newly erupted chatter stopped once again when Dumbledore got up to speak.

“Well, that was quite and interesting show Ladies and Gentleman. But on a different note, tonight is the last night before we are finally able to escape this school and have two weeks of home, family, friends and what I think you all will appreciate the most, no learning!” The crowed cheered.

“Alright, first a few technical things. The train leave tomorrow at sharp 11 o’clock, that means that you will have to get on the carriages at latest 10.30! Now if everybody got that, I hereby declare the Winter holidays to start!”

Again the crowd erupted in cheers before separating into their own common rooms to gossip about the Music classes show and celebrate one last time this year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you people!
Hope you liked the chapter!!
Comments?