Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

So Not My Day...

On the way home, Blaise had to take Ash with him because she couldn't focus on the world around her, all she was doing was think and fret about what she saw in Knockturn Alley. After the second apparation, Blaise stopped and took Ash's hand, leading her to a little café not far away.

After they sat down and Blaise ordered a Hot Chocolate for the two of them, he turned to Ash in concern. "Ash," he said, "tell me what happened! It's not like you being so out of it."

"I know, I'm sorry... its just, I saw Draco today."

"Was that why you suddenly vanished?"

"Yes and no."

"What's the no?"

"He was with some really shady looking people and... Pansy."

"And your more worried about the shady looking people or Pansy?"

"I know I should be more worried about the shady part - especially because they went into Knockturn Alley and into that Borgin and Burkes shop... but I can't help myself feeling betrayed when I see Pansy hanging on Draco's arm when I'm not around."

Blaise looked at his friend and took her hand in his. "Don't worry Ash. Draco may be a git, but he loves you. He would never betray you - especially not with Pansy."

Ash gave him a weak smile while looking at her hands. "Your right, I shouldn't even be thinking like that! In only two days I will see him again," she smiled at the thought.

"Exactly. So lighten up again and drink up!" Blaise said smiling at her.

After a few moments of silence, in which the two sipped at their hot chocolate, Ash looked up at her friend and said, "Blaise... You really are an awesome friend! I really must have done something right"

Blaise looked up to her and laughed shallowly. "Yeah friend," he muttered, but quickly caught himself. "Well, you were sorted into Slytherin - that should work as 'done something right,'" he joked grinning at Ash.

"Come on, drink up! I want to look around here a bit."

Again a comfortable silence fell over them, until Ash broke it.

"Blaise?" Ash asked.

"Yeah?"

"This is a muggle shop right?"

Blaise looked at his friend and then around them at the other customers.

"Yeah."

"Do you have any muggle money?"

"No...?"

"How did you suppose we would pay for the drinks?"

"Um... I didn't think that far ahead..." he said honestly making Ash shake her head in disappointment.

"Alright give me a minute, I'll get some money"

"Where from?"

"The bank"

"OK..."

Briskly Ash looked around for an ATM and fished in her bag for the plastic card that her parents had given her at one point telling her that if she ever needed muggle money, she could use this. Quickly she pushed in the card and typed in her password before taking out the money and card again.

Thankfully she already had to use the card a few times - especially after Easter - therefore she knew how to work this thing. But the first time ... Merlin... she didn't even want to think about it!

As soon as she got the money, she hurried back to Blaise, who was looking quite annoyed by the muggle waitress that was swooning him.

Quietly walking up to them, Ash tapped the waitress - that had sat down on her seat - on the shoulder. "Sorry, but only because his girlfriend vanished for a minute, doesn't mean he's open for taking," she whispered into the girls ear, making her jump up hitting Ash's nose in the process.

"Merlin, this is so not my day." Ash cursed as the waitress starred at her in shock not knowing what to do.

"Get some ice, stupid," Blaise bellowed at her, getting the girl moving.

Briskly the girl came out again, followed by the manager, bringing Ash an pack of ice for her nose.

Gently placing it on her nose, Blaise listened to the apologies of the manager and the waitress. "You'll get the drinks for free of course," the manager said making Ash groan. Now she had gotten the money for nothing. "Would you like anything else?" the manager added but Blaise shook his head no.

"We're going to go now." he said with an icy tone and helped Ash stand up.

"Thank you for the ice!" Ash said to the manager as she got pulled away by Blaise.

"Why did you say thank you?"

"I was trying to be nice."

"After they nearly broke your nose?"

"Oh, come on. It's not broken!"

Blaise took the ice from her hand and looked at her face. "Are you sure?" he said concerned as he looked at it from every angle. "I don't think your nose looked like this before the elephant hit you."

"Really?"

"I think we should go to St. Mungo's..."

"Apparate all the way back to London?"

"Yeah... I think that would be the best way to go." Blaise said nodding and took a hold of her around the waist. "Also they can get rid of that bruise on your face..."

"If you insist," she muttered annoyed and let Blaise apparate them to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

As they stood in the line to administrate, Ash looked around a bit unsure, "do you think this is really the place to go with a bruise and a -not quite - broken nose?"

"Where else do you want to go?"

"I don't know... the doctor from next door?"

"We don't have a doctor next door."

"Don't take me so literal!"

"Excuse me, I think my friend broke her nose, can you have a look at it and give her SkeleGro and something against the bruise?" Blaise asked when it was their turn in line.

The nurse looked up at them annoyed - but it lessened when she saw Blaise. 'I guess he's hotter then I can see...' Ash thought to herself as Blaise pulled her along to the ward the nurse had told him to go too.

"Told you it wasn't that bad." Ash said.

"He still fixed it though - hence there was something to fix!"

"Yeah, the bruise you gave me this morning."

"Well you shouldn't have tried to wake me up."

"Whatever... What are we doing now?"

"We're heading home."

"OK... but I get to apparate us!"

Blaise sighed in defeat, "OK."

Excited she hugged Blaise tightly and thought about his mansion. A moment later they squeezed through a long tube and soon plopped up in front of the Zabini Manor.

"Home Sweet Home" she sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Hope you liked the chapter!
Comments?