Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Red

When they reached the ground, Ash jumped of her broom furiously and rushed over to Harper.

"You alright there?"

"Yeah... But that git just pulled my broom!"

"I know. I saw it." Ash said with her lips in a tight line. She was looking over at the cheering Hufflepuffs, who where energetically throwing their Seeker up in the air.

Letting go of Harpers shoulder, Ash stomped to the other team. Getting a tight grip on Applebee - the Hufflepuffs captain - she swiftly forced him to turn around to look at her. She would have loved to slam his grinning face into the nearest wall, but she caught herself and willed to stay calm.

"Congratulations," she said through her teeth with a small forced smile and held out her hand for the Hufflepuff to shake.

Surprised Applebee took her hand with a smile of his own. "Wow, I didn't think that a Slytherin would ever congratulate someone after losing."

Ash's eye twitched slightly. "We didn't lose, we tied."

Applebee looked at Ash mockingly before leaning towards her and saying: "In Quidditch there is no real tie. The one with the Snitch is always the winner. Hence, your the loser here."

Seeing red Ash attacked. Without a second thought she let her fist rush into the guts of the Huffflepuff. When he sank to the ground in surprise, she flung herself on top of the boy and began pounding her fists one after the other into his face. She let all of her pent up frustration hail down on the boy underneath her. The anger of not winning this game. The anger about his words. The anger that she felt towards Draco. The anger that she felt ever since the death of her parents. It all came out of her at once, and she didn't stop it as she used all of her strength to mash up her opponents face.

Only seconds later she could feel herself being ripped of the Chasers body and she managed only one more kick into his crotch before she was dragged to far away.

Seeing his pained expression, she let herself slump in exhaustion and be dragged away without a fight.

"Weasley! In my office! Now!" Snape bellowed as her team mates finally let go of her again and she was standing 10 yards away form the Hufflepuff team.

Looking up at her red faced professor, she mentally slapped herself for flipping and glanced back at her concerned team mates. "Don't do anything stupid," she joked with a loop sided grin as she started to follow the professor back to the castle.

"What was that, Weasley?" the professor asked loudly when they entered his room and the door had closed behind them.

"Applebee challenged it."

"Do I look like I care?" he bellowed and paced the room. "Your a Slytherin! It's finally time you start behaving like one!"

"And how do they behave? Back-stab and bow to some freak in a cloak?"

"What did you just say?"

"You heard me."

The professor fell silent and looked at his student. "What do you mean?" he asked, finally sitting down on his seat and gesturing for her to copy him.

"I don't mean anything... It just slipped..."

"But what did you mean?"

Ash shifted uncomfortably on her seat. "It's... It's common knowledge that most of the Death Eaters are Slytherins..." she mumbled silently. "Not that I mean, all of the Slytherins are Death Eaters! I mean I ain't one and I know loads that don't agree with the Death Eater believes either... but... yeah... it just slipped... with the building tension and everything." she tried to amend her words helplessly when she saw the professor frown at her.

Seeing that he was still frowning, she let out a defeated sigh and asked quietly "Could we go back to Quidditch?"

The professor stayed quiet for another minute, just staring at her, before nodding. "What exactly did the Hufflepuff say to provoke you?"

"That we lost. That our team is the 'Loser'... That git knew exactly that his stupid Seeker only got the snitch by fouling Harper! I saw it in his face. And then he has the nerve to call my team a Loser, when I was trying to be nice and civil by congratulating them!" Ash said furiously, jumping from her seat when she remembered his words.

"Sit down, Weasley," Snape reminded her and continued when she followed his order. I know your angry, but you have to calm down again." shaking his head slightly, he stood up and got something out of his cabinet. Carefully he handed it to her.

"Its a calming draught," Snape told her, while sitting down again. "Normally your a very focused, clear minded and rational girl. In your normal mental state you would have just smirked and make him pay later, with one of your little pranks - yes we know all to well about all your little plans and pranks, their quite entertaining at times - but today..." Snape shook his head. "Today you were rash, stupid, you didn't think. The only reason to explain this is that something is bothering you. Some kind of frustration is building up in you and is hindering you from thinking calmly. Use the potion and try to work it out rationally."

Looking down on the floor, Ash nodded her head.

"As for your punishment... I'll try to make Hooch not take away all of you points that you made this year. But you'll have to serve detention for at least a week. I want to see you straight after your classes in my office, understood?"

Ash nodded her head again and stood up to walk out of the door.

"Good day, Professor"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Hope you liked the chapter! I added the Quidditch team to the character list!

Comments?