Status: Updates will be fast!!!

Manage Me, I'm a mess

n i n e

The next morning, I was still in Alex’s arms, his arm loose around my waist. Immediately, the events of last night came rushing back. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping more sleep would come. A couple minutes later, I heard Alex waking up. He looked at me, a lazy smile on his face and his eyes half shut.
I honest to God, could not explain why this one smile, gave me goose bumps.

“Morning.” He said.

“You were right.” I said, simply. His brow furrowed a little bit.

“About what?”

“Chase wasn’t a good guy. Your bad feeling was dead on.” I said in a small voice. His face softened.

“S, I didn’t want to be right about that. I wish I’d been wrong. I wish you were happy right now.”

“It’s hard not to be happy when you’re with me.” I blurted without thinking. Oh no. What if he took it the wrong way?

But Alex only grinned and said cockily, “Of course it is.”

“Thank you by the way. If it weren’t for you, I might have been…you know.”

“I got worried when you didn’t come back downstairs,” he shrugged.

“And it was also very sweet of you to beat him up.” I said quietly.

“I was fighting for your honor.”

“How noble.” I smiled. He smiled back and kissed my forehead.

“Want to go to Molly’s for breakfast?” he asked. “I can call the guys,”

“No, just you and me. I don’t feel like dealing with anyone right now,” I said. Alex nodded and
got out of the bed.
Molly’s was pretty much deserted and we found a table quickly. I looked around and my eyes landed on the cashier. I snapped my head away, hoping he didn’t see me, and turned to Alex.

“Alex,” I said in a panicked tone.

“What’s the matter?”

“He’s here. Chase, I forgot he works here.” Alex’s eyes widened as they fell on him.

“Want to go somewhere else?” he asked. I nodded. We got up and I turned around, only to see Chase’s face right in front of me.

“Serena, please listen to me.” He pleaded. I swallowed hard and backed up to Alex who put his arm protectively around my waist from behind so that my back was against his chest.

“Stay the fuck away from her,” he said, in a harsh tone, his jaw clenched.

“Dude, this is none of your business!” Chase yelled at him.

“When you hurt Serena, it becomes my business.” He said.

“This is between me and her!”

“Chase, just leave me alone.” I said, very quietly.

“Serena. Serena, I was drunk. I’m so sorry,” he begged. I leaned into Alex a bit more, silently asking him to get me away.

“You better get your ass away from her right now.” Alex said. “Or do you want another repeat of last night?” Chase’s face went blank and turned to me again.

“Please.” He said quietly. I swallowed hard.

“Get out of our way, Chase.” I said.

“Serena, I was drunk. Please, give me one more chance.” I got out of Alex’s grip and walked to him, getting close. He looked happy for a second, thinking I forgave him.

Then I pulled my hand back and slapped him as hard as I could on his cheek.

Before he could recover, Alex slipped his arm around my waist and led us out of the restaurant. I sighed in relief as we got in the car.

"You alright?" he asked. I nodded. "So, all packed for tour?" I smiled, realizing he was trying to distract me.

"Yes! I'm so excited!" I squealed. He smiled widely, knowing it worked.

"Are you packing your red dress?" he asked.

"Which one?"

"The shiny one with the thingies and the sort of thin straps?"

"Oh, that one. I wasn't planning to. Should I?"

"Yeah, it looks really pretty on you." he said and cleared his throat distractedly. I smiled to
myself.

There’s a reason this boy is my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! Computers still outta whack. Gonna post another one now while I have the chance!

xoxocommentxoxo