‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 20

“Has there been any word from the girls yet?” Brian went outside to call Matt and as he asked the question, he already knew the answer.

“Not one. I’ve called Seven’s cell phone, but it keeps going straight to voice mail.”

“Damn it, this isn’t like Melody. She may be angry at me, but she wouldn’t take it this far, something has to be wrong.”

“Jimmy and I are going to go look for them” Matt said.

“Call me as soon as you find them”

“I will, any news over there yet?”

“Yeah, but I have a feeling you’ll find out soon enough” Brian was in an awkward position and he was beginning to wish it wasn’t him that knew the truth about Zacky.

“huh?”

“Nothing, Blade is getting a transfusion, we wont know anything til after”

“Ok, Jimmy’s waiting out front, I gotta go. I’ll call you soon as we find them”

“Ok, bye.”

---

“Where is Melody?” Seven shouted as she was shoved into the house by thug number two.

“Your precious Melody is none of your concern.” Laura said.

“What did you do to her?”

“Let’s just say she’s paying for the sins of her father” Laughter followed her statement while Seven looked at her.

“What the fuck are you talking about you crazy bitch!”

“Tie her up” Laura said and Seven was dragged to the chair that she would be tied to.

“You wont get away with this!” she yelled.

Laura walked over and stood in front of the chair. “I supposed you are expecting your daddy to come to your rescue? Well, that may have worked for your mother, but not this time” she laughed again.

“What are you talking about, you lunatic?” Seven asked.

“Is that any way to talk to your grandmother?”

“My what? You aren’t my grandmother.”

“Quiet little girl, it’s time to tell you a story.”

Laura walked over to the bar and poured herself a glass of vodka. She eyed Seven and sat in a chair across from her.

“Once upon a time there was a little girl named Sydney. Pretty little thing, but she got in the way. You see Sydney’s daddy loved her better than her mommy in every way he could, but Sydney didn’t love her daddy and she ran away. Then one night, Sydney met her prince charming, and for this story, lets call him…Matt. Shall we? And Matt gave her a place to hide from her daddy who was looking for her for over a year. One day Sydney’s father found her and Matt threatened to kill him if he ever went near her again. By the way, Matt and his friends held Sydney against her will. That’s right, they kidnapped her. So, one night when he thought everyone was asleep, Sydney’s daddy broke into the house to save her and Matt’s friend Zacky shot and killed him in the kitchen.”

“You’re fucking insane, you know that!! None of that is true!” she yelled.

“I’m not finished.” Laura warned taking a sip from her glass.

“So, Sydney’s mommy decided to get even and kidnapped Sydney’s sister, Stormy. Much to her surprise, Matt and his friends were able to outsmart her and they found the place where Stormy was being held. Once again Zacky came to the rescue and got Stormy out, and Stormy’s boy toy, Brian set the place on fire with Sydney’s mother still inside. Hence the burns on my face.” She said through gritted teeth.

“SHUT UP!!” Seven yelled.

“Oh no, the best is yet to come. You see, Zacky killed my husband, so I killed his son tonight. And Brian took away my beauty with a single match so your precious Melody will face the same fate as her mother did and when we are done with her, I’m going to set her on fire and you can watch her burn.”

“NO!!! Where is she!! Where is Melody?” Seven shouted.

Laura just laughed in response. “As for you, you are the lucky one. You are the spitting image of your mother, the reason I came back in the first place. She took my husband from me and now, I’ve taken you away from the man that would be your husband, but here’s the kicker. My Sydney has two children; it wouldn’t be fair to not include both of them right? So, to collect the debt your mother owes me, I am going to kill your fiancé right in front of you and guess what. Your brother is going to be the bait that will lead him right to me.”

“No, no you cant!! Let me go!! Please!!” she shouted, but Laura just laughed.

There were screams coming from upstairs, Melody’s screams. They were filled with enough fear to curdle the blood of anyone within earshot.

“What are they doing to her?” Seven cried

“Like mother, like daughter” Laura laughed.