‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 22

Aubrey went straight up to the bedroom that she shared with her husband. It had been quite the evening for her and Zacky. Their son lying in a hospital bed fighting for his life and now her lying on her own bed wondering if it’s worth fighting for her marriage.

When Zacky walked into the room, he closed the door behind him and stood there for a minute taking in the sight of his wife lying on her side on their bed. Although she was silent, he didn’t have to see her face to know that she was crying.

He mustered up the courage to walk over to the bed and climb in beside her. He turned to face her, but she didn’t move to acknowledge him. He laid his hand on her side before speaking. “Aubrey, I’m…” he started, but she wouldn’t let him finish.

“Don’t touch me” her voice was barely above a whisper.

“Please, let me explain”

“What’s to explain? You slept with someone who could give you the one thing that I couldn’t.”

“It wasn’t like that, Aubrey.”

“I don’t want to talk to you. Please just go away” she cried.

He nodded and got up off the bed to give her some space. When he walked downstairs, Brian and Matt were just about to go back out and look for the girls.

“My couch is your couch” Brian said.

“Thanks” Zacky nodded. No matter what they did and how wrong they were, they would never turn their backs on each other.

----

“Now, what was the name of that fiancé of yours? Legend is it? A little arrogant of his parents to name him that don’t you think?”

“Fuck you!” Seven yelled.

“Such a foul mouth for a young lady.”

Seven fought against the ropes that held her bound to the chair.

“A fighter, just like your daddy. Your mother was never a fighter. She took it and took it all like a good little girl.”

Seven spit in the woman’s face and earned herself a backhanded slap.

“Now, that just will cost you.” She walked over to Seven’s purse and pulled out her cell phone.

“What the fuck are you doing?” Seven yelled.

“I haven’t met my grandson yet” She laughed and sent a text message to Lyric from Seven’s phone.

“If you hurt my brother, I’ll kill you myself.”

Laura laughed and sat in her chair waiting for a response to the text.

---

“Have a drink, it will calm you down” Jonnie tried, but Lyric and Legend just kept pacing back and forth. Sydney had gone over there earlier and retold the history of Laura to the three of them and then told them what Blade said at the hospital.

“Nothing will calm me down. My sister and my cousin are missing and could possibly be with some lunatic.”

“I’m only trying to help,” she said

“By getting me drunk?” he seethed.

“Hey, this isn’t her fault. We’re all upset, not just you” Legend said.

Lyric glared at Jonnie after feeling like he just got scolded by Legend. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket after it started vibrating.

“It’s a text from Seven” he said

“What does it say?” Legend asked walking to stand over by him.

“Help me” he looked at Legend with fear written all over his face.

He text her back “Where are you?” and waited for a reply.

“What if she cant reply?” Jonnie asked.

“Jonnie, not helping!” Lyric said through gritted teeth as his phone started to vibrate again.

“I’m on the pier by the candy store, please help me! Come alone, if you bring dad or uncle Brian, they’ll kill them on sight! Hurry!”

Lyric looked at Legend. “Get your car” the two of them started for the door with Jonnie following behind.

“Where do you think you are going?” Lyric asked.

“With you”

“NO! You stay here! We don’t know what we’re up against”

“I want to go with you”

“Please, Jonnie stay here just incase our parents call” Legend said with pleading eyes.

“Fine!”

When they walked out the door she waited til the pulled away before running to her car and following behind them. She stayed far enough behind so that that they wouldn’t see her.

----

Laura put the cell phone back in Seven’s purse and looked down at her watch.

“Almost time for a family reunion” she laughed.

“What did you do?” Seven asked.

“You’ll see, all in good time”