‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 3

Matt…then and now

When we left off, Matt became a heartbroken single father on the turn of a card. Sydney moved out of the bedroom that they shared and per his insistence, moved into the guest wing of the mansion. Although he promised to give her space, Matt would go on to spend every day from then on trying to figure out how to get her back.

Neither one wanted a nanny to take care of their children so they traded off every other week as to who would get up with them in the middle of the night. In the beginning, there were nights that Matt would walk past Sydney’s room on the way to the nursery and he would hear her crying. As much as it killed him to keep walking, he did respect her wishes and left her alone. As time went on, one would think that absence would make the heart grow fonder, yet it seemed to have the opposite effect on both of them. Rather than growing fonder, they seemed to have grown colder.

The children, Lyric and Seven were the spitting image of their parents. Seven was a petite, pretty redhead with green eyes while Lyric was tall, had a muscular build with hazel eyes that most females seemed to drown in when looking at him and a tan to die for.

Matt and Sydney both had their own parenting styles, but the bottom line when it came to the children was what Matt said goes. He had the final say on everything and no one dared to challenge his decisions, especially Sydney. Matt had been the head of the “family” from day one so why should things be any different now that he has children?

At five years old, Seven Storm Sanders was a little daddy’s girl. She hung on every word he said and acted like he was super man in the flesh. No one else was allowed near her daddy when she was around, not even Sydney.

At 13, Seven was still daddy’s girl, but at the age when most girls were starting to develop, daddy got a shot gun and twice as over protective. There were different sets of rules for her then there were for her brother, Lyric. She went to an all female catholic school and wasn’t allowed out passed dinner time on a school night. Weekends she had to be home by 8pm.

At 17, not allowed to date due to Matt’s unwillingness to let her have a boyfriend, Seven fell in love with the only boy her age that her father would never suspect. Legend. At first, they hid their relationship from everyone, but at 19 when Legend, Blade and Lyric moved into the house that Johnny bought when Kelli was alive, the cat was sure to come out of the bag. Never afraid of a little sibling rivalry, Lyric ran straight to Matt.
Now at 21, Seven has accepted Legend’s proposal of marriage, but Matt has yet to accept the relationship.

At 5, Lyric Shadows Sanders was the miniature version of his father. Everything Matt did, Lyric mimicked. His father was his hero and he knew at 5 years old, he wanted to be just like him.

At 13, Lyric idolized his father and would do what ever it took to get his attention. The only problem was, Seven. Jealousy seemed to be creeping into their little family unit and both children would vie for Matt’s attention. Lyric went to private school, but unlike his sister it wasn’t a catholic school and it wasn’t all boys. He wasn’t deprived female contact nor did he have to be in by dinner time. His curfew on the weekend depended on what time of night he called home to check with Matt.

At 17, he was singing in his own band and now had to try and break away from the name “M. Shadows” People took notice of his vocal ability, however, there wasn’t a single person who didn’t comment that he wouldn’t get by on his talent, that he would only get by on his father’s name. Now, his idol was slowly starting to fade.

When Lyric was 19, Johnny’s tenant had moved out of his house and he offered to rent it to him, Blade and Legend. All three accepted with their parents’ approval. Now, at 21 the record companies are knocking, but will he be able to make a name for himself? Will he spend the rest of his life living on daddy’s dime? Lets hope Matt invested well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Going to add photos and character descriptions for the kids after all of the first five chapters are done. I would do it now, but I dont want to reveal the 6th child yet. :)