‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 46

Matt was in the middle of recording when his cell phone started to vibrate. He looked down visibly annoyed and saw Sydney’s name on the caller ID.

“What!” he yelled into the phone.

“Hi, I was just wondering if you are ok. You’ve been in there a long time” his cheerful wife said on the other end of the phone.

“Syd, I’m just fine.” He said through gritted teeth.

“Can I bring you anything?” she asked

“NO! Do not come in here!” he warned.

“Why are you yelling? You aren’t supposed to be yelling!” she said calmly.

He put his hand over his mouth and pulled the phone away from his ear for a second to curse so she couldn’t hear him.

“Honey, I’m not yelling, I’m just busy and I have to go now ok?”

“Ok”

“Bye, Syd” he said and hung up the phone.

He went back to work amid his annoyance, but his progress was short lived when an hour later Sydney walked right in to the studio.

“What the hell?” Zacky mouthed to him from across the room.

Matt ran his hands through his hair. “What are you doing here? I told you not to come in here”

“I know, but dinner is ready” she smiled.

“Sydney, dinner will be there when I am finished now please leave” he smiled.

“oooooh, you know something, I have had it!” she yelled and stormed out of the studio.

He followed after her down to the kitchen and grabbed her by the arm.

“YOU have had it?” he said jerking her around to face him.

“YES! I have had it!! I have tried all god damn day to make sure you were ok and you are being so ungrateful!” she yelled and pulled herself away from him.

“Sydney, you haven’t left me alone for five minutes!”

“Oh shut up ya big fuckin goon!” she went to the fridge and got herself a beer.

“What did you call me?” he said taking off his sunglasses.

“You heard me Mr. Ungrateful!” she snapped and took a swig of her beer.

“Ungrateful? Sydney how can you say I’m ungrateful when you aren’t giving me anything to be grateful for except a fucking headache!”

“A headache?” she walked right up to him and smacked him in the back of the head. “How does your head feel now?”

He was torn between laughing and being pissed off, but pissed off won. He reached out and pulled her hair. “How’d that feel?” he said mocking her tone of voice.

“Ooooooooh you better watch yourself magilla gorilla!” she warned.

“Or what pee wee?” he dared.

She walked around to the other side of the counter and braced her hands on the top. After glaring at him for a second she looked down and opened the drawer inside the counter in front of her. She took out a spatula and picked up a lemon from the fruit bowl and whacked it like a baseball at his head. Stupid stood there and let it hit him too even though he saw it coming.

“See, you are a big fuckin goon! A smart man would have moved out of the way!”

He picked up the lemon from the floor and squeezed it as hard as he could, poor lemon didn’t stand a chance. “You’re gonna clean that up” she said pointing to the lemon juice on the floor.

“Not if I make you lick it up first you deviant little brat!” he yelled.

“Oh yeah? Do I look like I’m scared” she said holding her hands up in the air and sticking out her tongue.

He took two steps forward and she started to get nervous. He walked right over to the sink and pulled the sprayer nozzle out of its holder. He turned around to face her just as he turned on the faucet and when he had her in his sight he clicked the nozzle and doused her with water.

“You son of a bitch!” she yelled holding her hands in front of her face to keep the water from hitting her, but it was no use. He soaked her.

“ooooooooh little girl scares me” he said pretending to shake.

Sydney put her hands on her hips and walked over to the fridge. After taking out the ketchup bottle she turned to face him and aimed it in his direction.

“Don’t you dare” he warned.

“Or what?” she teased.

“I swear to god when I catch you I am going to put you over my knee”

“Kinky” she said raising an eyebrow as a stream of ketchup flew out of the bottle and hit him square in the chest. He took one step and she ran, but slipped on the lemon juice on the floor from the lemon he squeezed.

“Walk much?” he teased standing over her.
“Fuck much?” she said and punched him right in the crotch. He fell forward and grabbed himself. And she got up nearly slipping again, but he grabbed her around the waist and lifted her up off the floor.

He carried her over to the counter and set her down on top. He braced his arms one on each side of her. “Do you think you’re cute?” he asked through gritted teeth.

“Yes, do you?” she replied.

“I think you are absolutely insane!” he said raising his voice.

“I’m not insane, I’m not insane, I’m not, not insane!” she said mocking him and he almost lost his composure and started laughing, but he managed to regain his straight face.

“What the hell has gotten into you?” he yelled.

“Me?” she said pointing at herself. “What’s gotten into you?” she asked.

“NOTHING!!! I have done nothing to deserve this!” he yelled.

Now he did it, she was made before, but now she was truly pissed off. “Oh Really? Nothing?”

“Nothing!”

She tried to slap him, but he grabbed her hand and slammed it down on the counter, only it didn’t hit the counter, it went right through the top of Jimmy’s cake.

“Oh! Now look what you did!” she yelled.

He pulled their hands out of the cake and bit his bottom lip. “I’ve had enough of this” he said and grabbed a handful of cake and shoved it in her face.

“Matthew!” she screamed and wiped the cake out of her eyes. “You big …big…”

“Big what, Syd?”

She couldn’t find a word. “You big bully!” she yelled and this time he did laugh.

“Is that the best you got?”

She stuck her hand in the cake and threw a handful of it back in his face. “How do you like it?” she yelled, but she didn’t stop there. She pulled her hand back and started punching him as hard as she could, but he didn’t flinch. No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t hurt him.
“are you done yet?” he asked.

“NO!” she yelled and pulled back her fist again, but he grabbed it.

“DAMN IT!!” he yelled. “WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?”

“You, you are my problem!” her breathing started to get heavy as if she were about to cry.

“Boo hoo” he teased.

“Stop it!” she yelled.

“What’s the matter Syd? Am I too strong for you?” he teased her again.

“YES!” she screamed, “Ok, you win!” Now, she really was crying. “You, you had to go and pass out and scare the hell out of me and then you had to go and act all tough and not let me help you. Fine! I’m supposed to take care of you! In sickness and in health remember? But you wont let me help you and you just have to go and do everything for yourself and yell at me all day instead of just letting me love you” she picked up a dish towel and wiped the cake off her face. “You’re an asshole!” she yelled and threw the towel at his chest.

He let go of her waist and put his hands on her cheeks. “Im sorry, you can love me all you want, sweet heart” he said and kissed her lips. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him back. They were full on making out when Jimmy walked into the kitchen with Seven and Legend.

“oh…oh…oh my cake!” he said holding his hand over his heart, but Matt and Sydney never broke their kiss. “What the hell you evil cake killing bastards!” he yelled and Matt started choking he was laughing so hard.

“Well, this was a waist of my time!” Legend said and walked out of the kitchen.

“Dad? Really?” Seven yelled and walked in the opposite direction of Legend out the back door.

Jimmy stood there with his hands on his hips. “I guess there really is no shame in your game!” he said and walked out of the kitchen after his son.
♠ ♠ ♠
and there you have the big fight...hope it was as funny, I laughed my ass off when I wrote it.