‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 63

“Think I can steal you away from the party?” Brian whispered in his wife’s ear from behind her.

“Depends on the reason,” she giggled.

“Oh, I think I have a reason or five, but I would rather explain them in the privacy of our own bedroom.”

“You’re terrible” she laughed.

“I am not!” he said and lifted her up into his arms and carried her downstairs.

When they reached the living room of their apartment he set her down on the ground and she walked into the kitchen to get him a beer.

“What were you talking about with Blade earlier?” she asked as she handed him the beer.

He grinned that Synyster grin that she loved so much. “Oh I pretty much told him I would break his neck if he broke my baby’s heart”

“Brian!” she laughed.

“What?” he shrugged and tried to look innocent.

“You can’t protect her from men forever. She’s an adult now” Stormy sat on the couch and patted the cushion for him to join her.

“I’m not trying to protect her from men, just that one!” he said as he sat next to her.

She looked at her husband as he sipped his beer. “You know, there was no one around to protect me from the likes of you!”

He nearly spit the beer out of his mouth choking on laughter. “You fricken married me!”

“Yeah, my point exactly! Now look where I am!” she teased.

He pouted and put his head down. “I thought you loved me,” he said in a childish voice.

She jumped up and put her arms around his neck. “I do love you!” and he lifted his head and puckered his lips waiting for her to kiss him, but just as her lips touched his, Melody came through the front door.

“Don’t you two ever stop?” she laughed

“No! I can’t get enough of your mother!” he teased and pulled Stormy onto his lap.

“Way way way too much information!” she said and went into her bedroom while he laughed.

He stood and lifted Stormy with him and set her down on the couch. “I’ll be right back!”

She watched as he walked towards Melody’s room. He knocked and opened the door and she smiled when he walked in.

“So, did you miss this place?” he asked looking around the room that hadn’t been slept in for two years.

“Maybe a little”

“Did you miss me?” he asked raising his eyebrow.

“Nah”

“Hey!” he walked over to her and sat down next to her on the bed. “I didn’t miss you either!” he teased and they both sat there laughing. “I do have a present for you” he smiled.

“What is it?”

“It’s a present!” he teased her again.

“Dad!”

“Ok ok” he took the box out of his pocket and handed it to her. When she opened the lid she took out the key and held it up in the light to look at it. “What door does this open?” she asked.

“Whatever door you want it to open. You keep that and when you feel like you have no place to go, just give it back and you will find that you always have a place to call home.”

“Daddy, you’re gonna make me cry” she said with watery eyes.

“Yeah don’t do that, your mother would kick my ass and I really planned on other things happening with your mother tonight instead”

“DAD!! I really am happy that you two are truly madly in love, but I don’t need to hear about your lust for each other!”

He laughed and kissed her head. “Then I will say no more.” He smiled and got off the bed leaving her alone in her room. When he walked back to the living room Stormy wasn’t there. He smiled when he heard the faint sound of music coming from their bedroom and walked towards the door. After slowly turning the knob and pushing the door open he saw her. She stood before the pole in his hat, a t-shirt and a smile.

“Angel” he whispered….
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it hot in here or is it just Synyster Gates?