Cemetary Gates

Stairway to Heaven

As I was slowly coming back to consciousness from an amazing dream, I found that I was in my bed, in comfortable sweatpants and a loose shirt. It definitely wasn’t the skinny jeans I wore yesterday.

Zacky and his chilly self lay next to me, and I peeked open my eyes to see his closed. I reached over and nudged his shoulder. His face contorted and he groaned and cracked his eyes open, and they glowed, and stood out from his eyelids.

“Thanks for taking me home.” I said, in a groggy morning voice. I nearly laughed at the sound of it.

“No problem. Thanks for staying up all night with me.” He laughed and I smiled.

“I promised I would, didn’t i?”

“Yeah, thanks for keeping it. Whenever Gena promised me something it usually never happened, or I had to do it for myself. I don’t know, maybe she’ll keep this one.” He smirked, and broke eye contact for a moment.

“Zacky did you take off my pants?” I asked and he burst out laughing. I knew it sounded pretty wrong and I cracked a smile.

“No I mean like did you put pajamas on me while I slept?”

“Oh yeah! I did that.” He said proudly.

“Well I figured I just wanted to check.”

“Oh trust me Ana, it was more than okay. Think of it as me doing both of us a favor.” He laughed and I slapped his arm. I found myself gazing into his eyes like I was falling into them. They were like layers of color that bled into them, hazel near the pupil, then green, then blue around the rest.

“Why are you staring at me?”

“Because your eyes are so cool! Every time I look into them I feel like I’m tripping balls, but in the good way…” I said speaking slowly as I still stared into them.

“Oh Kay.” He responded then opened his eyes wide and I snapped out of my daze and I giggled at his facial expression.

“Let’s go make breakfast.” I said swinging my legs over the side of the bed and stopping at the doorway waving Zacky over to come follow me.

“What are we making?” He asked coming to the doorway and following me downstairs.

“Pancakes! I love pancakes!” I chirped.

“WOO!” he yelled and I looked at him strangely.

“What? Pancakes are the shit.”

“Can you even eat any?

“Well it won’t do anything, but I’ll do it for fun. I ate for fun when I was alive, why change now.”

“So you admit.”

“Admit what?”

“That you’re chubby.” I giggled and he palmed my face. My cat ran over to Zacky and rubbed her head against his leg and purred. She even liked his ghostly self.

“Get the mix from the cabinet, and the milk from the fridge.” I said.

“That’s it?”

“Yeah, all you need is milk or water. But I prefer milk.”

“What if I prefer water?”

“Nobody cares what you prefer Zack.” I giggled and he flicked the mix at me, and the dry powder got in my mouth. My eyes widened as I stared at him with the powdery substance caking off my face.

“You’ve done it now.” I grabbed a handful and threw it at him. It just hit him, before it just dropped off onto the floor. It was like I’d never even thrown it at him.

“Okay that’s not even fair!” I yelled in protest before I poured the milk in, and I heard his loud obnoxious laughter.

“Yes it is. Because I can cover you in all sorts of sticky things and you can’t do anything about it.” He snickered.

“Zacky I swear if you- AHH!” I screamed as he cracked a random egg over my head, and the slimy inside ran down my face and into my shirt.

“You are such an ass.” I muttered wiping the egg whites out of my eyes. I picked one up and threw it at him, and he vanished, letting the egg splatter against the wall before he reappeared laughing his ass off. I let my mouth hang open.

“Seriously?!” I asked and he wiggled his eyebrows. I would find a way to torture the crap out of that man.

“That’s it! You aren’t getting any pancakes!” I yelled and his eyes widened.

“NO PLEASE! DON’T TAKE IT AWAY!” He yelled and I burst into laughter.

“You don’t even need to eat!” I said and he shrugged, but still pouted at me. I was able to resist this time.

“Nope.” I simply said a smirk present on my face.

I started on the pancakes and I had flipped 5 in a pan already. I finished on the sixth one I was making and I threw all of the dirty dishes in the washer. Zacky was still pouting at me more than ever.

“Pwease don’t take my pancakes.” He whined and I had to laugh.

“Man, Zacky I love you like you love your pancakes.”

“Are you switching me with the fat kid who loves cake?”

“No silly. You ARE the fat kid who loves cake.” I laughed, and he narrowed his eyes. He picked up a pancake and hurled it at me.

“You know when you got a pancake you could have eaten it instead of throwing It at me.” I said making a point and his eyes widened.

“Damnit!”

“See now you are wasting food. Damn Zacky you just know how to keep subtracting those points.” I laughed, stuffing some pancake in my mouth.

“Bitch it’s on.” Zacky said disappearing and taking my pancakes, before reappearing on top of my fridge eating them happily. I just stared at him with an open mouth. I was just shocked he would to all of that for some pancakes.

“Ha-ha, open mouth insert my dick.” He said with pancake muffling his vulgar comments.

“Zacky can you please give me back my pancakes. I’m fucking hungry!” I yelled and he gave them back, you know half eaten and shit.

“You can suck my dick Zach. No seriously, get the fuck down here and suck my fucking dick for eating my pancakes.” I said.

“I would seriously be turned off if you had a dick. It would be some serious false fucking advertising.” He said and I couldn’t help but laugh help but laugh maniacally.

“Oh no! Its true isn’t it?! I knew it! Something had to be wrong!” He yelled holding his face. I just let him freak out.

“Fuck and I took off your pants!” He screeched.

“Zacky chill, I don’t have a dick. You do.”

“You have a pussy I have a dick!”

“So what’s problem lets do it quick!” I sang after him.

“You read my mind.” He said throwing me over his shoulder and then throwing me down on the couch.

“Zacky get off.” I laughed barely able to make sentences.

“It’s opposite day.” He replied and I laughed harder.

“Then get on.”

“I already am you retard.” He retorted.

“You just said it was opposite day!” I yelled.

“That means its not opposite day!” He cheered and I rolled my eyes. I put my hands on his chest to push him off.

“You are so stupid.”

“No matter what you say. I’m not getting off.”

“But you have to!” I said, he may be a ghost, but I could still feel his weight.

“Why, I like it here. I have a pillow for my head.” He said resting his head on my boobs.

“Ow get off before I make you chubby butt.” I said pushing him off me.

“Well you didn’t even give me a chance to get up” He said from the floor. I ‘accidentally’ rolled off of the couch and onto him.

“How do you like it?!” I taunted and he narrowed his eyes.

“Ah, you’re not fat but for me you are heavy! I was just being an ass by putting pressure on your body so I'm sorry! Get off!” He yelled and I refused.

“Fine.” He said and I was suddenly on the floor…where did Zacky go?

Oh hellooo. He sang inside of my head. My heartbeat accelerated and I jumped up from the ground. I looked around for any traces of Zacky.

I’m in your body retard He said and my own hand smacked my face.

“Stop freaking possessing me!”

I can’t have a little bit of fun? He said and I felt like he was suppressing me, and replacing me with himself. Before I knew it, my eyes turned green, my hair turned black, my skin got paler and my lips became fuller.

“I am one sexy chick” Zacky mused and If I could roll my eyes I would. He walked into my living room where I had a full body mirror. He looked into it and turned around, looking at my ass. He bent over in the mirror and smirked.

“Oh yeah!” He yelled smacking my ass and I was appalled. He started making all of these slutty poses in the mirror and I was still fighting him for control.

“Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy Me.” He said making more poses. He grabbed my boobs and smirked.

“Nice. 36 C?” Oh my god. He pushed them together and poked at the nipples. Couldn’t he do that with his?!

Zacky! Stop violating me!

Zacky stop! Get out! I said laughing, and he/I grinned brightly.

“Ana can I please stay? I want to go outside.” He said and headed for the door. He swung it open and went outside holding out his arms and spinning around. He took a deep breath and sighed, while closing his eyes.

“This feels so good, you know to feel again.” He sighed falling on the grass, on his back. It was so weird referring to Zacky in my body…it was so weird that Zack was in my body…

He stared up at the sky with wide green eyes and I could see the perfect blue sky as well. There were only a few clouds up there that covered the sun a bit.

“Just a little bit longer…” He murmured, and I felt like something wasn’t right. Like something was being torn from me, and being filled back as if someone poured it into me. I felt lighter, and my body began to rise slightly from the ground. I began to panic and I felt myself slowly regain control as Zacky sat up out of me and rose above me. He seemed to glow a white light whereas I could barely see his features, I had to squint just to look at him.

“Zacky what’s going on?” I asked. He looked at me with the clearest of green eyes. A white semi transparent staircase appeared in front of us, and at the top was an opening in the sky that just emits a gentle white light. He stared up at it before he placed one foot on the first step cautiously.

“I don’t know…but I think It’s time…” He said turning around to look at me. My eyes widened as they stared into his, I walked towards him ands grabbed his hands.

“Zacky…you aren’t leaving…are you?” I asked softly, my eyes becoming glassy and shiny as they filled with tears. I could see as his eyes saddened and his heart broke.

“…Yeah…” was all he said and I released the tears from behind my eyes. I carefully wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into him. I held him like he would shatter if I held him any looser. He immediately hugged me back.

“P-please d-don’t go! I wouldn’t know what to do w-without y-yo-you!”

“Shh…It will all be okay…I’ll be okay and so will you…” He said rubbing my back, but I couldn’t stop the sobs that shook my body.

“You’re…leaving me! How can it be okay?!” I cried and he let out a breath, and he ran his hand through my hair. My scalp tingled as his coldness brushed over it.

“Because I’ll always be watching over you. And I can promise you that forever.” He said and I cried even harder. It was really happening…he was actually leaving…He was going to leave me in this world all alone. Sure I had the rest of the group, but nothing would ever really be the same without Zach, I mean the last few months have been the best of my life.

“I need you Zach…” I choked out.

“No, you don’t need me…you think you do. You don’t need me to live Ana; you’ve been living all your life.”

“There’s a fine line between existing and living.” I said quietly.

“Until I met you all, I just simply existed. I’d never felt more alive then when I was falling out of the window with you.” I continued.

“If there’s one thing I learned from this, is that life is definitely too short. I mean look at me, I’m only twenty eight. Please believe me when I say that even if you are living in pain or sadness, it’s still worth at least being alive, for the human things in life.” He said and that's when I finally saw the hurt in his eyes. That he truly was unhappy here, that he needed this more than anything.

“Ana I know you want me to…but I can’t. You have to understand that I would be happier this way.” He got me…I promised him I would do anything to help him move on, and here I was being a selfish fucking bitch.

“Zacky I’m sorry…it’s just that I’m going to miss you horribly.” I said cracking a smile.

“Me too Ana…I’m gonna miss you a lot.”

“Now I feel bad…” I said wiping away tears.

“Why?”

“Because I’m selfish and I want you to stay.” I said sniffling after. He just laughed and flashed me an angelic smile. His laughter was contagious and I had to join in.

“Now that’s what I like to see.” He said before he ran his fingers down the side of my face, and it left warm trails instead of cold. We heard a loud bell toll from up in the sky and the creaking of metal gates reverberate through the air.

“I have to go now…bye Ana banana...” He smiled and I began tearing up all over again. He released my hands, and I they felt cold and empty in the absence of his ethereal warmth. He walked up the staircase, and each step seemed to glow before it began to disappear behind him and the only place he could go was up. He didn’t turn around until he reached the white light at the top. He smiled and waved down at me, and I let a smile take over my tear stained face…he was happy.

He walked into the white light before it all disappeared, and the clouds parted where the sun was, and the sunshine shone brightly over my house. The light warmed my face and I could hear far away laughter as I closed my eyes, only to reopen them and stare through tears.

“Bye Zacky…”I murmured as I held onto the necklace on my neck.

And he’s climbing a stairway…to heaven…
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh it could have been better but i dont see how i could have came up with it. But its still pretty cute XD

Um any guesses to what you think may happen next?
Drop some Comments!

*mV!*