Cemetary Gates

Gunslinger

Matt tipped his Aviators down, staring at me expectantly. My body received a slap from my brain and I started thinking straight again.

“Oh shit, yeah come in.” I said smiling nervously moving aside so they could come in. I closed the door carefully behind them. I made every move with caution because I knew they thought I was weird and freakish already. Especially Brian…

“Sorry, no one is usually here so it’s a little weird.” I apologize lounging on my couch next to…Jimmy…yeah he’s the tall one.

“Well to start this nicely, I’m Matt, the one your sitting next to is Jimmy. Im pretty sure you know Brian, and the short one is Johnny.” He said smiling a little in attempt at making me feel a little more comfortable around them. I giggled a bit but I covered my mouth with my hand. I felt like a little girl giggling around, I was so nervous…

“Aww she’s adorable let’s keep her in the closet.” Jimmy cooed at me.

“Hey don’t creep her out! This is her house and maybe if we are nice we will get food so shut up asshole!” Johnny harshly whispered, smacking Jimmy's arm. I laughed a bit. I noticed that Brian looked scared, really scared. Like ‘I’m gonna piss myself’ scared. I didn’t want him to be afraid of me; I didn’t want anyone to be. But I guess I deserve to have my fun with it still. I inwardly snorted at the thought.

“Hey, not to come off rude or anything but why are you guys here?’ I asked pretty confused to why there were four grown men sitting on my couch.

“Listen, we need to talk.” Matt said looking at me with the expression that said ‘this means business’. He leaned forwards, resting his elbow on his knees and clasping his hands. My mouth formed an ‘o’ shape and I stared at matt’s intense hazel eyes.

“We heard about your run in with Brian.” Brian still refused to look at me. I refused to look at them too. So this was what it's all about..

“Can you really? Can you really talk to him, seriously?” he asked in half awe,and half 'there is no way'. I blinked and nodded. Little snitch told on me…

“I’m sorry but that’s crazy. How can you possibly see a ghost?”

“I thought it was insane. Until he started talking to me through her!” Brian finally spoke, looking down at his hands.

“Wait what are you talking about?” Jimmy asked adjusting his glasses. It looked quirky but it was adorable.

“I was at Zacky’s grave…I was talking, saying goodbye to him… and just when I got up, she just fell out from behind a tombstone.” He chuckled a bit still in complete awe that it actually happened. “She looked at me before she looked beside me, but I was standing alone, there wasn’t anything there. And I’m thinking, this is getting really fucking creepy, really fast. We got into an argument, and she told me then that Zacky was here but I didn’t believe it. I thought it was just complete bullshit, who wouldn’t. But then the freakiest shit happened. Her eyes turned clear before they turned green the exact spitting image of Zacky’s… and when she opened her mouth to speak…it wasn’t her, I started hearing his voice when she talked... That had to be the scariest shit I’ve ever seen in my entire fucking life.” He said looking at me briefly.

When I heard Brian tell it like that, I didn’t know how scary it could have been. I didn’t even know that my eyes were green while Zacky stayed in my body. They all stayed silent and had looks of terror written on their faces. I felt so awkward, so inhuman. I couldn’t help but feel this way, that obviously wasn’t normal and everyone in the room could sense that. Maybe when I said id do anything in my power to help him, I had more power than I thought.

“Are…are you serious Brian.” Matt choked, he wasn’t crying but I’m pretty sure he could barely speak.

“I swear to God.” He said looking up at everyone who in turn looked at me. I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t say anything if I knew.

“Ana, I’m not crazy. I know that shit happened.” Brian said, his eyes almost pleading with me.

“I know. It did happen, but I didn’t know that’s what it looked like. I’m sorry.” I said looking down. This was becoming rather overbearing.

“Did you say Ana? There is only one Ana I know…” Jimmy said looking at me strangely.

“Yeah, she’s the Ana from high school.” Brian said once again.

“See I always knew you were strange.” Matt said carefully studying me. I felt rather offended, but he was one hundred percent correct.

“If you can talk to him like you say you can. Could you take us to him? You know, we never got to really say goodbye to him.” That hit a nerve, and the looks on their faces pulled on my heartstrings. Johnny asked, finally talking again. I didnt know if he was serious or if he wanted me to prove something.

“Ok.” I barely squeaked out. Jimmy put his arm around me sensing my nerves.

“You know what; I’m not scared of you. I think that, what you have is pretty fucking awesome, and if they want to be pussies about it they can, but now I can say that my new best friend is badass.” That threw me off guard. I never expected for him to accept me. Now I knew why Jimmy was literally everyone’s best friend. I gave him a tight hug and he hugged me back.
“Thanks Jimmy.” I mumbled.
“Your welcome Banana” He said and I pulled away looking at him confused.

“That’s a new one.” I said laughing. Johnny came up and hugged me too.

“If you’re Jimmy’s new best friend your obviously replacing me so now I’m gonna have to fight you but your pretty cool so I’ll let it slide.” He said smiling at me and I hugged him back.
“You know I like you being almost my height. You’re a little taller but those centimeters don’t count!” I said smiling. Matt and Brian looked extremely uneasy and unsure. Matt seemed to man up and get up and hug me. I really didn’t bite…unless on command.

“I don’t know whether to run away or thank you, but since I am the manly M. Shadows it will destroy my image so I’m just gonna stay here.” He said and he pulled me into his rock hard chest. Oh kay I just hit a wall, but it was like a teddy bear cause he was all big, so like a Teddy Bear wall…thing.

I walked up to Brian. I guess when I got too close he tensed up and I stopped moving immediately.

“C’mon Brian, I really don’t bite. I couldn’t hurt a fly if I tried, id miss the speedy fucker anyway.” I smiled laughing a bit, anything to ease him. He looked at me for a few seconds, really analyzing me. Soon his lips turned up into a small smile and he stood up and hugged me. I was gonna bite him literally anyway but I decided against it. I knew I had partially gotten on everyone’s good side but I didn’t want to take it too far. I didn’t know if I could really trust them yet so I was just as on edge as they are. Well except Jimmy, I feel like I’ve known him for so much more than a mere half hour.

“You know what you’re doing, is really good of you.” Matt said sincerely and I smiled.

“I just want to help…I promised him I would.” I said the last part adamantly to myself, reinforcing my promise to Zack.

“Hey, but what if he doesn’t want to see us or something like we might piss him off.” Johnny said.

“I highly doubt he would. He likes when you guys visit. He talks to you too, even if you can’t hear it. When I saw between him and Brian, they were right next to each other, but it was like they were in separate worlds divided by two different universes. It was beautiful to watch actually.”

“I want to piss him off. Maybe ill start eating some fuckin’ Twinkies or some shit and he’ll get so pissed cause he can’t have any.” Jimmy cackled, and at this I started cracking up with laughter, and so did everyone else.

“Zacky loved him his food.” Brian laughed.
After the laughter died down Matt clasped his hands getting my attention. “Well Analeigh, you probably have things to do without us interrupting you so we’ll get going.”

“Actually I didn’t mind at all. I usually don’t do anything, so that was like my little activity of the day.”

“We’ll if your not busy would you want to come with us, because you know we would have to take that fight outside.” Johnny said pretending to punch my arm.

“Sure, can I change first?” I said looking down at my tank top and my sweatpants with scattered dirt on it from the cemetery. They nodded and I jogged upstairs, heading into my bathroom to wash my face and hands.

They were seriously amazing. I never expected to befriend them either. I could tell this could come out positively in the end.

When I came out, I saw the boys in my room. Matt was leaning against the wall, Brian was lying down on my bed, and Jimmy and Johnny were in my…underwear drawer! Brian and Matt just stared at their idiot friends.

“Hey boys, or should I say girls?!” I said raising my eyebrows. Jimmy was holding my black lace underwear and when Johnny turned around he was wearing my bright pink bra.

“We just went fishing…right Johnny?” Jimmy smirked twirling my underwear on his index finger.

I stood there half wanting to jump Jimmy, and half wanting to laugh.

“You guys are something else. Jimmy put down my underwear! And gimme my bra Johnny!” I yelled almost bursting into a fit of laughter.

“I never thought id see the day where I would be taking a pink bra off of Johnny Christ.” Jimmy muttered laughing.

Brian got up and went into my closet. “Are you sure you guys aren’t slightly homosexual?” I asked

“Well my wife doesn’t think so, but I don’t know about those ladies over there…” Matt said looking at them before looking at me with an amused expression.

Brian re-appeared with a ‘Zacky V presents’ shirt that belonged to Sarah and dark blue skinny jeans with rips, and gave it to me. He then turned around to Matt and pointed his finger sternly.

“Say what you want Matthew, but we both know you aren’t getting any tonight!” He said in a shrill female imitation.

Shaking my head I walked into the bathroom and took out my pony tail then applied some light eyeliner and chap stick.

“Score!” Jimmy and Johnny high fived when they saw me. I didn’t think I look that great, it was just Chap Stick…

“You look nice.” Brian simply commented, averting his eyes to the floor.

“Okay, she’s hot, let’s go already.” Mat groaned pushing everyone out.
I followed them out and at the door I slipped my feet into my black uggs, and grabbed my phone off of the desk.

All this time it never occurred to me where they planned on going.

“Where are you guys going?”

“We have to go back to the studio. We finished writing everything, we were in the middle of recording and we gotta get shit together. We got to do this for him, just like I promised him we would.” He said lowly, his voice almost breaking. He tried focusing on something else, but the lost look stayed in his eyes, I saw a tear escape and I reached up and wiped it away. The characters of the group seemed to die down as reality settled in again.

Johnny looked emotionless, but I knew better. Jimmy looked out of the window, watching as Matt drove. Matt’s hazel eyes shimmered with tears that threatened to fall. When I looked at Brian, it all seemed real. He always looked the worst to me, like Zack was his absolute best friend. I knew that he was also afraid of losing anyone else.
His shoulder length curly hair hung under the bandana he usually wore. His russet eyes almost looked glassy, and he stared down at his hands. I gently placed my hand on his back and he tensed. I quickly recoiled and he looked at me.

“I’m sorry for that…it’s just every time I think about it…I just think I can’t take this.” He said fighting to keep his composure.

“Trust me it’s all okay.” I whispered, reaching over and pulling him down into a hug. Holding him into me as I whispered over his hair that it would all be alright. I laced my fingers with his lean, rough, guitar calloused ones, and I rubbed my thumb over his hoping to comfort him. It was almost mom-like of me.

“Thank you.” He murmured quietly.

Matt pulled up at a large building and I let go of Syn. We al stepped out and I entered the building. It looked really comfortable. There was like a little lounging area then the rest of the studio. There were shitloads of guitars and amps. There were soundproof recording rooms and lyric sheets everywhere.

They all took seats and I didn’t see any left so I sat Indian-style on the floor.

“What are you doing?” Matt asked a puzzling look on his face.

“Sitting…”I replied dumbly.

“If you wanted a chair just ask, you don’t need to be shy around us.” Matt said flashing me a small smile before he offered me his chair then went and got himself one. On the desk next to me, I saw a sheet of paper with messy scrawl on it. It said,

"Yeah, you’ve been alone.
I’ve been gone for far too long
But with all that we’ve been through
After all this time I’m coming home to you….

I’ve said my goodbye’s my heart’s always with you now…

Bring me closer to heaven with you…


Different sections of lines that were written to be pieced together, but it had great ideas worked into it.

“What’s that?” Johnny asked pointing at the paper in my hand.

“I saw it on the desk, its some lines for a new song.” Jimmy came over and took the paper from me. Ii saw his eyes dart back and forth behind his glasses.

“It’s Zack’s.” Was all he said.

“I think you guys could turn it into a song.” I said in a quiet yet hopeful voice.

They chorused in agreement and I smiled and watched as they discussed and wrote, and really immersed themselves in the music. IT was an amazing process, and I know they were doing all they could to make it a song Zacky would turn over in his grave about…hehe…

My mind began wandering and I thought about Zacky. I want to know where the fuck he went, but I think I scared him away when I asked him that. I really hope he doesn’t hate me now.

“Ana!” Brian said snapping me out of my thoughts and into attention

“What?! Where?!” I said surprised before I realized he just asked a question.

“I asked if you could sing.” He repeated. What exactly was he getting at here?

“Yeah, if the shower counts. But I do play instruments.” I said standing up dusting my jeans off.
“Oh?” He arched his eyebrow as it seems I have piqued his interest. I can’t deny that curious arch of his eyebrow was damn sexy.

“Piano, drums and guitar.” I replied.

“Did you just say guitar?” He said holding hid hand to his ear dramatically.

“Yeah I play guitar, I am a guitarist.”

“Say it louder.” He said raising his voice too.

“I am a guitarist!” I yelled.

“I CANT FUCKING HEAR YOU!” He yelled.

“I AM A FUCKING GUITARIST!” I yelled louder and he seemed satisfied.

“Okay awesome, you’re my little buddy now.” He said placing his fedora on my head.

“I want one of those!” Jimmy whined.

“Get your own Rev!” Brian said at the same time I replied.

“I’ll be your drum buddy.” I snorted at the look of ultimate betrayal on Brian’s face.

“You play?” Jimmy exclaimed.

“Well not as godly as you do but yes.” I said laughing. He picked me up on his back and we started running throughout the studio. HE started making airplane noises and held out my arms to simulate flight.

“What is this mutiny?” Brian yelled. Jimmy finally put me down.

“Sorry Brian I can’t help it I’m like a magnet.” I joked.

“Okay now girls lets not fight.” Matt interjected.

“Besides she’s mine. She sings.” He said holding up her hand with his in victory.

“Aw damnit, Shads always wins.” They both grumbled.

“Well at least Johnny couldn’t have her.” Jimmy snickered at Johnny. Brian laughed cutely before starting a Johnny imitation.

“I’m Johnny Christ! Ho ho ho! Four strings not a problem!” Before they all burst into laughter. Johnny flipped them all off mumbling many obscenities. After we composed ourselves from out bout of idiocy we got back into the song. We sat trying to come up with new lyrics and so far Matt is on fire. We all got a feel for the song and coming up with lyrics became somewhat easier.

“In all that we do…” Matt said stopping where there was more to be written. Everyone was silent till I spoke up.

“The stars in the night, they lend me their light, to bring me closer to heaven with you.”

“That was really good.” I think it was jimmy who said that as Matt hurried to write it down. Once we got the lyrics finished we decided to record it. I did some backup vocals for Matt, and I worked on guitar with Brian. Lord knows that man needed any of my help, but we were just jamming together I guess. We were working on the beginning and I picked up Zacky’s old sunburst acoustic.

Matt and Brian began with all of the technical, musical talk. “So I was thinking there is a main guitar part, that sounds heavy and like deep, but it should have that lonely feeling to it, you know?” I understood the way he thought. Brian began to play this simple yet intense piece and I tried to come up with something under it.

I picked up in the back ground playing the same thing but adding my own to layer the sound.

“Hey that sounds cool; you know only having the acoustic, and vocals. We should have that for like a minute then have it climax into the rock part.” Matt said making these animated hand motions and gestures.

“Like from 1 to 10 in less than a second.” Brian said looking up at matt and nodding. Brian grabbed his confederate flag guitar and began working on the electric ‘rock’ part. I just watched as he did his magic.

“Ana you know when your guitar just won’t stay in your fuckin hands? You should just wax it up…wax it up.” He said ‘waxing’ his guitar.

“Really…” I humored him.

“Yeah sex wax…” he looked at me seriously and I just had to laugh.

“Whatever you say Syn.” I said joking around with him. For such a rough start, Brian and I were getting on just fine.

“Okay Ana, you’re backing up the bridge.” He said as he thrusted headphones at me.

“What?”

“Get in there and sing it.” He said getting the red button that they hit when it was the wrong lyric, but it’s for talking to the person in the booth really.

I sang it once, but I sang it quietly. I got nervous and unsure if I was doing it right. I didn’t think I could try to over power Matt’s voice.

Matt pressed the button.

“That was good, it would be better if I could hear you! You gotta sing it like ‘fuck this song!’ well not really cause it would suck but try!” He said and I smiled and nodded. I ran through it a second time.

“Perfect.” He called out.

~Time~

“Zacky?” I called out looking around for him to see if he was hiding from me. He better not be playing any games.

“Zee Zee?” I taunted. This will only get worse for you Zachary.

“Zacky- Pie?” I cooed kissing the air hoping to coax him out. I’m gonna bring out the big guns now.

“Zacky Boo-boo!” I gushed and I felt a wind, then a voice.

“God damnit! I hate those names especially…Zacky…boo-boo…” He grumbled running his hand through his hair.

“I lovers you.” I said cooing at him again.

“Stop kissing ass.” He replied.

“You know that’s not nice to say to someone who did something so nice for you.” He looked at me with caution and interest. I reached in my bag and pulled out a CD labeled “gunslinger.”

“Well where am I supposed to put that CD? My ass?” He replied sassily.

“No you whore, I brought a small boom box, and you seem to pre quite preoccupied with your ass today.” I said sitting down.

“Well I've been told it’s quite nice actually.” He said smirking

“Now where the fuck are you supposed to plug that shit in” He said like I was retarded.

“Batteries old guy.” I said the same tone. Zacky was awful playful today.

“No need to be all sassy.” He said holding his hand up in defense and smiling innocently.

“Now who is kissing ass.”

“Just bend over.” He said smirking.

“You little nasty.” I said putting the CD in and letting the music float through the still air. I think we all pulled together for this song, it was really beautiful.


Yeah, you’ve been alone
I’ve been gone for far too long
But with all that we’ve been through
After all this time I’m coming home to you

Never let it show
The pain I’ve grown to know
Cause with all these things we do
It don’t matter when I’m coming home to you

I reach towards the sky
I’ve said my goodbyes
My heart’s always with you now
I won’t question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
Cause with all these things we do
It don’t matter when I’m coming home to you

Letters keep me warm
Helped me through the storm
But with all that we’ve been through
After all this time I’m coming home to you

I reach towards the sky
I’ve said my goodbyes
My heart’s always with you now
I won’t question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
Cause with all these things we do
It don’t matter when I’m coming home to you

I’ve always been true
I’ve waited so long just to come hold you
I’m making it through
It’s been far too long; we’ve proven a bond over time so strong
In all that we do

The stars in the night, may lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you.


I saw a touching emotion flash in his eyes when he heard that line.

(bring me closer)

But with all that we’ve been through
After all this time I’m coming home to you

I reach towards the sky
I’ve said my goodbyes
My heart’s always with you now
I won’t question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
Cause with all these things we do
It don’t matter when I’m coming home to you

And with all that we’ve been through
After all this time I’m coming home to you.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was okay in my opinion. But yours matters! So comment! And I am posting again for girl i know! I've decided to start it up againa so you should go read it!

mV