Cemetary Gates

Synyster Gates

Chapter 9

“Wow.” Was all he breathed out looking at me. I blushed a bit.

“Was that Avenged?” He asked in shock.

“Yeah they came over and we talked. Apparently Brian told the rest of your friends and they up and appeared at my door. They wanted my help, so they could talk to you. I ended up with them in the studio and I found what you wrote, you have sucky handwriting by the way.” I said laughing and he smiled.

“That was amazing, thank you!” He said flashing me the brightest smile id ever seen. It made the butterflies in my stomach turn to bats.

“My only question is that did Syn have to record two guitars.”

“Nope…I did it silly.” I said laughing.

“Stop lying.” He said giving me a serious expression. One slid onto my face as well.

“No Zacky I'm dead serious. I said then laughed realizing the pun.

“Ha, funny! And you are awesome at guitar! I wish I could have known you back then…you kick so much ass.” He said laughing. I remembered something as I felt like I missed this yesterday.

“Hey Zach, remember when you left yesterday. Where did you scamper off to?” I asked curiously tilting my head. He got this real sentimental look on his face.

“I went home. It felt good to be there because that’s where I spent the rest of my life.” He said smiling.

“You know Zacky, at times like these I almost forget how childish and sarcastic you are.” I said laughing but he glared at me. I stopped laughing and he kept glaring…shit. A smile erupted on his face and doubled over in laughter.

“Y-you should have s-seen your face!” He said through his giggles.

“Laugh it up asshole, but when you are selling your body for money do not come crying to me because you got VD.” I said laughing.

“Well for you it would be free.” He wiggled his eyebrows and licked at his snakebite. I found that joking gesture incredibly hot.

“Little shit.” I mumbled. He always wins. He just smirked. Soon my phone started to vibrate and it startled me causing me to jump.

“Your pants are vibrating.” Zacky pointed out and I gave him a ‘well duh!’ look. I had a text from Brian.

We are gonna come today instead. I nodded and replied a quick okay and closed my phone.

“Ooh who are ya textin?” He asked being all nosy.

“Brian. The guys are coming here today. They want to talk to you.” I said and he lit up, literally I could feel his happiness radiating. We soon saw four men approaching Zacky’s grave. Zacky and I both stood up and I said hi to all of them. I got a special hug from Jimmy since I was his new buddy. We all sat in a circle. Matt was about to open his mouth to say something, but jimmy went crazy.

“Oh guys! Guys! Look what I got.” He said whipping out a full blown Ouija board. What the fuck? I heard Zacky start laughing mad hard.

“I said I was going to! And I have devil dogs cause I ate all the Twinkies.” He smiled adorably and I laughed.
“YOU MOTHER FUCKER THIS ISNT FAIR!” Zacky yelled almost in pain of denial of devil dogs. I started to laugh my ass off.

“Zacky wants some.” I managed. Jimmy got a wild look on his face and screamed.

“HAHA NOPE!” Before opening the wrapper slowly, smelling the pastry and licking it.

“FUUCK YOUUU!” Zacky growled and I just looked at him.

“Poor child.” I muttered and he whined.

“But I want one! You know what, that mother fucker is going down.” He grumbled.
Jimmy finished laying out his silly board game and exclaimed.

“It’s my shit so I go first.”

“Is there a ghost in our presence?” He asked mysteriously. I felt that familiar sensation of being doused in ice water before I felt something enter my body.

“Fuck yes there is a ghost in your presence. And he wants some goddamned devil dogs asshole.” I said, but it wasn’t my voice again. It was Zacky. He didn’t have full control of me cause I could still talk and stuff. I couldn’t even describe the looks on their faces. They looked shocked, scared, perplexed, and Johnny looked like he would have a bowel movement any minute. Inside i I was laughing the hardest.

“He’s here…” jimmy said eerily.

“My turn.” Matt said placing his hand on the piece.

“This shit is so cool.” Matt said smirking to himself. Matt decided to be an asshole and ask.

“Are you hungry Zacky?” while taking a devil dog for himself. I lost all control of myself and Zacky took over.

“You bitch!” He screamed making my body tackle Matt and wrestle the devil dog out of his hands. He got it and shoved it in my mouth. I didn’t taste it though.

“What the fuck?! That had to have been the freakiest shit I’ve seen in my life.” Matt said wide hazel eyed.

“I might new pants after this.” Johnny murmured. The planchette on the Ouija board moved to GOODBYE before I forceful gush of wind blew around us, sending with it a ghostly hollow scream.

Brian? Why are you scared? Zacky asked in a creepy childlike voice. It was like one of those horror movies. Brian’s beautiful eyes shot up in the direction of the voice. He just stared wide eyed and he looked so freaked. I don’t think he could conjure any intelligent words from his brain.

Don’t be scared Brian… He said again and Brian just stared at me, well Zacky now. My head tilted a bit and a smile appeared on my face. It felt so weird, to have Zacky controlling my body. It was like he was a person controlling a robot.

There is an Afterlife…and I’ll be okay here. I wanted to cry, Brian wanted to cry, Matt, Jimmy and Johnny, just about wanted to cry.

I’ll always watch out for you Brian. I’ll always watch out for all of you. A tear went down my face, he was crying.

Zacky, Hun you’re crying. I said, but it was like a voice inside of my head that only he could hear.

Goodbye… was all he said before he left me, and I regained control. I blinked and I was looking at all of their shocked faces and Zacky was next to me again. I felt like I was tripping hard on something.

“Ana, your eyes are clear…”Brian said staring into them. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, but it didn’t go away. I started to panic as I held my face.

Shh, calm down Zacky put his hand on my shoulder and my nerves settled.

“This is just too much, for one day…I'm sorry, I hope I did my best.” I said standing up. I almost tripped but I held ground.

“I’m going to head home now.” I said quietly. Zacky appeared right in front of me and I jumped a bit, still not used to it.

“Jesus, dude…stop that.” I said and he just smirked.

“See you later Nana.” He said looking a little sad but he knew I would be back.

“Bye, bye Zacky-Pie.” I said smirking back.

“Oh my god you did not.” He said mortified.

“Of course I did Zacky-boo boo?” I cooed laughing and the others cracked up, holding onto each other.

“I hate you.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

“I love you too boo boo.” I said before I blew him a kiss and turned to walk away laughing. The rest of the followed me out. I went around and used the entrance instead of hopping the fence because I was too tired to climb over.

“Okay, guys I hope that helped you in some way. It was rather interesting.” I said hugging each of them. I began to walk up to my door when a voice called from behind me.

“Hey…Ana let me walk you up.” Brain said the corners of his mouth turning up. I shoved my hands in my pockets and smiled at him.

“Okay.” Hi grin got wide and he ambled up my walkway with me.

“Thanks Brian you really didn’t have to.” I said blushing a bit, a smile on my face nonetheless.

“No problem. I offered didn’t i?” He said a tiny smirk on his face. I’d never seen this side of him yet, and it sparked interest in me.

“Hey, you wanna hang out tomorrow? Just you and me?” He asked hope in his eyes. I was shocked and he could see it on my face because his expression faltered.

“Are you asking me out?” I asked, I wasn’t being coy or anything. I was dead serious. He looked a bit relieved.

“If that’s what you want it to be then yeah, I am.” There was something about his mysterious persona that made me swoon.

“That would be nice.” I smiled, still a little confused. Brian grinned; his smile was cute and boyish.

“Awesome, I’ll text you.” He said still smiling. He leaned down closing his eyes, and his head turned. I felt the soft pressure of his lips linger on my cheek, and blood rushed to my face.

“Knock it in Gates!” Rev yelled from the car, and childish laughter could be heard along with high fives. Brian flashed me a sexy look before he turned around and walked back down my porch. I turned and went inside, still feeling a slight tingle where he had kissed me. I felt like a giggly school girl with butterflies in her stomach. Not even five minutes inside I heard my phone buzz on my table, lighting up the screen with one new text message from Sarah.

Girl, I miss you! What are you up to?

I replied to her text, and she almost grilled me for never doing anything. I could call the past week anything but uneventful. I twisted in my way into a web where Sarah manipulated her way over my house. Should I tell her about Syn…even about Zacky?

Nahh, I don’t see the point. She never believed me before with anything of the outrageous type, so why now. She said she would be here soon so I went upstairs to change into my usual black tank top and sweatpants. I contemplated going back to see Zacky, but it would just use up too much time. I wouldn’t be able to leave him so quickly if I did.

There was this weird connection I felt with Zacky. I wanted to be near him, and I wanted him to be near me all the time. And when I was near him, It was like my happiness times 10.

The doorbell brought me out of my thoughts as it rang…multiple times…and continued.

I rolled my eyes and stormed over and swung the door open. I caught Sarah red handed with her finger on the bell in mid-press.

“Well damn Sarah I heard you the first time!” I yelled annoyed. But the look on her face made me laugh…eventually.

“Come in crazy.” I mumbled and she gladly rushed into my house, plopping on my couch.

“Analeigh? Why does your living room smell like, cigarettes, alcohol, axe, and men in here?” she asked curiously scanning my living room and picking up a black and white bandana with purple foil lettering of ‘SG’ on it.

“And why is there a bandana from Synyster Gates’ clothing line?” She looked at me with a confused expression. I felt like a child being chastised for sneaking out of the house.

“Because it’s Brian’s.” I replied not thinking before I looked up at her wide eyes.

“OH! YOU HAD BOYS OVER!” She squealed like I was in trouble and I laughed.

“Calm down you freaky bitch, it was just a couple of friends that stopped by.” I said but she wouldn’t have it.

“Bullshit Ana! What friends did you suddenly acquire?” Ouch…a little condescending don’t you think?

“Matt, Johnny, Jimmy and Brian.” I said smiling. I didn’t want to say just flat out A7x because Sarah will lecture me about how I’m such a compulsive liar.

“Matt, Jimmy, Bri….” She mumbled to herself before she got it.
“You fuckin liar! A7x was not here!” I so called that one.

“Sarah I’m not lying I can prove it.” I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Brian it said.

Goodnight Brian ;) And Sarah just crossed her arms.

Sweet dreams sugar. Xo He was just simply adorable.

“So that doesn’t prove anything. It’s a text message! There’s like hundreds of Brian’s!” She said disbelievingly.

“Fine then I’ll prove it to you tomorrow!”

“Why can’t you do it now?!”

“Whatever Sarah.”

“Its cause I’m right.” She sneered, and I rolled my eyes. Goddamn I wanted to punch her sometimes. I averted the subject for her sake and mine.

“Hey Sarah, you wanna watch a movie, since tonight was all short notice?” I suggested.

“Yeah sure!” She said and I popped in ‘Superstar’ which was my favorite movie.

“I love this movie!” She exclaimed.

“That’s why I picked it…” I replied deadpanned.

“Oh yeah…right.”
Idiot…
---
I woke up the next morning on the couch with Sarah snoring away, and my phone softly blasting ‘Beast and the Harlot’. Groaning I stretched and started feeling around for my phone on the nearby table. I grasped it and flipped it open. I had two texts, one from Jimmy that read.

Good morning sunshine!” Jimmy, that boy just adds a light to your day doesn’t he? I smiled at his text then read Brian’s.

I’m going to be here to pick you up in two hours okay? I had gotten that text at 11:24, now it was 12:45 and Brian would be here in an hour or so! Shit...shit…shit… I got up trying to avoid waking up Sarah and I ran up my stairs. I went into my shower before I changed and did my makeup carefully. I put a ‘Sexy Never Left Synyster Gates’ that Sarah gave me under my Alexander McQueen jacket. I was putting on lip-gloss when Sarah shrieked and I messed up, dragging it down to my chin.
“WHERE ARE THE GODDAMNED WAFFLES ANALEIGH?” I stifled laughter at her out burst, but she’s serious.

“I finished them you moocher!” I called down and It sounded like she was pissed.

“WHAT?!”

“WELL IT’S MY FUCKING FOOD!” I screamed down and I heard her huff. She saw me from the downstairs, as I came down the stairs.

“Where are you going?” She asked me raising her eyebrows suspiciously.

“Well I’m getting picked up soon by a friend.” I said smiling. She didn’t want to believe me? Fine, that’s her problem. I can’t wait to see the look on her face when Brian comes over, she’s gonna shit bricks…damn it haul some ass Syn!

“Awesome who?”

“Brian.” I replied.

“Yeah sure okay?” She scoffed and I waved her off. The glorious sound I’ve been waiting to hear pierced through the air and I jumped a little.

“Hey Sarah I forgot my purse upstairs can you get the door. I shouted going up the stairs grabbing my purse as I came down in time to see her pull open the door.

Insert the brick shitting here, because the look on Sarah’s face was priceless. She looked between me and Brian and her mouth was open.

“Umm Hi, you must be Sarah.” Brian said smiling at her. She continued to gape and make unintelligent noises.

“S-sy...synyster gates. Kn-knows my na-me…” She said. She whipped around and yelled at me.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU KNEW THIS MAN!?” Pointing to him. I’m pretty sure he felt awkward being referred to as if he weren’t there.

“I did. You just didn’t believe me.”

“Well I’m keeping that bandanna.” She said looking between the both of us. Brian just had his hands in his pockets.

“You ready to go Ana?” He asked and I nodded. I walked towards him and gave him a hug. He pecked my cheek.

“You look gorgeous.” His comment made me blush.

“Thank you Bri.” Sarah was ripshit pissed. I saw the evil eye she gave as soon as his lips made contact with my cheek.

“You know what Ana? I’m just gonna head home since you’re leaving too.” She smiled but it was as fake as the collagen in her face. I didn’t realize it before, or maybe I did but since she was the only friend I had, I looked over the fact that Sarah really is a serious bitch.

“Okay.” She walked down the walkway with me and Brian. I stuck my hand in his left back pocket and just chilled out in there.

“That’s private property dude.” She said looking down at me.

“Well it looks like I’m trespassing.” I said with a cute little grin and he laughed.

“Nice ass though.” I said seriously and he looked at me funny.

“So Syn, how do you know Ana?” She asked looking at him like he was hanging out with someone so below him. He looked at me and I widened my eyes and discreetly shook my head.

“I met her, at the graveyard. We were at the same place at the same time. We weren’t too keen on each other, but we eventually stuck.” He said and I nodded.

“Now he’s like my best friend.” I said and he laughed. I didn’t even know if I said that to make her jealous or not but either way I saw hatred flash in Sarah’s eyes. I don’t know if it was from the fact that I called Brian my best friend, or that he was spending time with me and not her.

We reached his car, and Sarah walked to hers.

“Bye Sarah!” I called out dismissing her.

“Bye Bri!” She chirped back before getting in her car door and slamming it. Ouch that hurt.

“Ow, Brian that hurt.” I said with a hurt expression.
“I don’t like her all too much. She seems like a bitch.” He said looking at where her car once was with disdain.

“So where are we going?” I asked as I clicked my seatbelt and his car started smoothly.

“Lunch, I’m hungry.” He said smiling sheepishly.

“Of course.”

“Hey are you implying I’m fat? I’m not fat! Zacky was the chubby one!” He said at the end like he was reminiscing. Zacky is pudgy, it’s wonderful though. We pulled up to this Italian joint and it looked really good.

“You do like Italian right?” He asked and I nodded.

“Claro."

“That’s Spanish.”

“Shut up Brian.” I said smacking his arm as we entered the restaurant.

“Well at least it’s not French.”

“What you got against French people? You want to fight Brian?” I asked holding up my fists as we sat down.

“Well you people think that pick is the new black, when it’s fuckin not!” He said and I looked confused.

“When we went to France on tour. Every other French motherfucker was wearing pink, and while me and Jimmy were shitfaced in a hotel. We kept telling those retards that black is obviously the new black, cause it is.” Brian said then scoffed.

“Silly French…” He said and I just started laughing uncontrollably. That was the silliest thing I've ever heard. A waiter came over with a notepad in hand and smiled at us nicely.

“Hi, I’m Will, I’ll be your server today.” He said cheerily flashing a white smile and I gave a tiny smile back. Brian gave a sarcastic grin and I looked at him.

“What can I get you Ms.?” He asked looking at me with a glint in his eye.

“Oh, I’ll just have a Caesar salad and a Coke.” I replied almost nervously as he scribbled it down. He turned to Brian, who looked annoyed and pissed off. It almost looked comical how he was creepily, fake smiling at the waiter.

“And what would you like Sir?” Then Brian’s expression changed to murderous.

“I would like for you to stop staring at my girlfriend. And, get me a sprite.” He growled before smiling on the word sprite. I was shocked, I think Will was too.

“Well?” Brian said irritated and the guy scampered off. Rule number 1, don’t piss off Synyster Gates.
“Dude, what was that?”

“Well he was basically eye-fucking you!” He said defending his actions.

“And he would back off for sure if I said you were my girlfriend.” He said glaring at him from across the room before he turned to me.

“Unless you want to be?” He asked, his eyebrow raised and a cocky expression on his face. Behind it he was scared and unsure of what I would say. My eyes widened at the question, of all of the girls in Huntington…in the fucking world he could have, why me? I’m nothing special, If I’m not good enough for Zacky, what gives the idea I’m good enough for him. What do they see in me that I don’t?

Came the haunting questions.

“It’s okay Ana if you don’t want to-.” He started but I made a ‘no’ face and started waving my arms as if to erase what he said.

“No! I- just want to know why me?” I asked and then he really looked at me.

“Because you’re beautiful. You’re different and I like that, I’ve met a lot of people in my life and none of them are quite like you.” He said taking my hand from across the table, and placing it in his.

“Then yes.” I said smiling.

“wait I just had to give you a reason why I would want you to be my girlfriend?” He asked laughing.

“Well yeah, I didn’t know why you would want to be.”

“Don’t let anyone tell you, that you are even shy of amazing because your way past that. Especially that Sarah bitch.” Brian and I spend almost the whole day together, it was about to be 6:45 when he started to take me home. Brian told me a few hilarious tour stories, and he asked more about me.

“What do you do?” He asked.

“Actually I’m going to school to be a physicist.”

“Wow, that’s awesome. You’re the first person who said that.”

“Oh yah, you’re welcome for taking your physicist virginity.” I said smacking his arm.

“How far have you come now?”

“I just got my masters the end of this semester.” I said and his eyes widened.
“Well aren’t you a smarty pants.”

“Yeah, I’m a huge nerd.” I said laughing.

“You’re a pretty cute nerd then.” He said laughing as he pulled up at my house.
“Thanks for taking me home Bri.”

“No problem, any time. Ill see you later.” He leaned over the glove compartment and pressed a soft, slow kiss to my lips. I leaned into it, and he placed his hand on my cheek before pulling away. I was immobile. I looked at Brian with the most shocked looks.

“Goodnight Bri.” I said slowly before I turned away from him and exited his car. I could see him laughing as he witnessed me going all stupid over one of his kisses. I could hear tires pulling away from the curb as I closed my front door. I touched my lips. I had this giddy little crush on Brian. I was beginning to like him a lot, but I remembered experiencing more.

Like love

I shouldn’t be expecting much, I mean it was just one date, and we just got together. And I’ve only ever felt love once in my life.

Zacky High school held young, reckless love for that boy. Doomed but I sure as hell know I love loved him. I knew I could let this relationship grow because I wanted it to. Feeling excited I called Sarah; I mean who else would I call…Brian?

“Hello.” She chirped, but there was something missing in her voice. It sounded forced, fake.

“Hey just letting you know I got back.” I said now with a confused on my face, what the fuck was up with her.

“How did it go, did he get in your pants already?” She asked, I think she actually meant it more than a joke. I could sense the animosity in her voice.

“No, asshole we went to lunch. Then he took me to the pier and we walked through Central park for hours. He asked me out during lunch.” I beamed, unable to contain my cheery disposition.

“What?! She screeched. That sounded like the dream date she fantasized with Brian minus the lunch. But that would probably be replaced with her fucking him, like the whore she usually is. Whoa, where was all this coming from?

“We’re dating. I reiterated. She growled at me over the receiver. Okay I’m gonna blame that on the static…that didn’t exist. I know she fricken idolized that guy but this was completely unnecessary.

“If this were any other person right now I’d be happy but goddamnit I’m not! He’s supposed to be MINE! ANA, MINE!” Jesus Christ I think she’s lost it, I couldn’t believe the shit that was flying out of her mouth.

“Look Sarah, I can honestly say I didn’t expect for this to happen, but you can’t do that shit! You can’t just say you’re gonna marry Synyster Gates because you aren’t! You can’t just base your life around that shit, you sound like one dumb ass motherfucker! Brian hates you anyways; he said you are a fucking bitch!” I yelled getting pissed off. It wasn’t a good comeback but it was true.

“YOU KNOW WHAT?” She screamed

“BITCH, WHAT DO I KNOW?” I screamed back.

“I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY HE WOULD LIKE YOU OF ALL PEOPLE! I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GOOD FOR! I’VE SEEN YOU SIT BACK AND WASTE YOUR LIFE, AND IN HIGHSCHOOL NOBODY WANTED YOU THEN, AND THEY SURE AS FUCK DON’T WANT YOU NOW! FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR GODDAMNED LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARENT, AND WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYONE! ESPECIALLY HIM!” She literally roared over me. I had to hold my phone away from my ear. The line went dead, and my mouth was parted and pain was etched on my face I dropped my phone, hearing it skittle across the floor. I let her words sink in through my skull.

I half expected her to call back and say just kidding. But she was right…

Why did Brian want me? Sure I’m different than most girls, because most girls are normal! I barely leave my house, I waste my life letting everything pass by, and not to mention I’m being plagued by the weird fact I can see ghosts. I’ll just always be that fat girl with the freaky eyes. That’s all I’ve been remembered for, even to Brian until he saw me again.

Even Zacky
Zacky proved five years ago that I’m not, and I’ll never be wanted. I cried hard, fast tears. They raced down my face and burned tear tracks on the way down. I wiped my tears but my efforts were futile because only more tears came.

Brian told me not to let anyone tell me otherwise, but what happens when you tell yourself that you are close to nothing.

When you know you aren’t good enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay update! im not really liking this story at this point, but im gonna keep posting because i like the way it ends up, so im sorry if it might be a little sucky lmao.
Ana's outfit

comments. i like those
Oh i just started a new story Shadows of Time. Swinging Pendulum My Lullaby
its a long name but whatever, im gonna update it again after this so check it out!

*mV*