Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

Underneath the stars

(Maggy’s PoV)

Lestat softly lands on a rooftop and releases me from his firm grip.

“Did you enjoy your flight, my Maggy?”

I smile at him. “I loved it Lestat, thanks. I think it’s really sweet of you to cheer me up and it definitely worked.”

“It’s my pleasure cherie.” He hesitates a little. “Do you really think its sweet of me?”

“Yes, I wouldn’t have said it otherwise. How so?”

“You know what I am Maggy. I’m evil, I’m a monster.”

“Not to me. Look, I know you’ve killed people but since you have no choice and have to do it and on top of that always slay the evildoer, it doesn’t automatically make you evil. And before you ask, I’ve seen a vampire drink before, I know it’s not a pretty sight. It sad for the victim but because you never had a choice, it makes you a victim of some sorts too.”

“As much as that’s true, it doesn’t make me less of a monster. So on that account, I’m afraid you’re wrong ma cherie. Even though I do think it’s sweet of you to say it.”

“If you’re so evil, than why did you help a strange woman whom you’ve never met before in your long, eternal life? Why didn’t you drink from me, not even a little if it wasn’t because you have some goodness left in your heart? Because Merrick, Jesse and David would have tried to stop you? Come on Lestat, you don’t listen to anyone, not even them and in fact, the risk of shocking your friends would even make it more interesting to you. You like playing with danger and you know it.”

Lestat moves closer towards me and I’m suddenly quite aware of the butterflies I’ve been feeling lately.

“I try to protect you, even from myself because… Parce que je crois Je t'aime.”

“I think I’m falling in love with you too.”

He smirks and moves even closer before I feel his lips on mine. His lips are surprisingly soft and though the kiss starts out as soft, it quickly turns into a passionate one when his tongue enters my mouth.

The only reason I pull away from Lestat after our little make out session is because of lack of air my part. With slightly swollen lips I look up at him. He has a grin that can rival the Cheshire cat’s.

“Be mine?”

I grin back.

“Only if you’re mine too.”

“Oui, ma cherie.”

“Good. Than yes, I’m yours.”

I embrace him tightly and soon we’re flying back to the Rue Royale mansion.

When we walk into the living room, Louis passes us and gives Lestat a knowing smile when he notices we hold hands. Shortly after that Jesse and Merrick come back from hunting. When he sees them, Lestat realizes he hasn’t fed yet, quickly kisses me on my mouth and walks out of the door, leaving me with my surprised friends.

“Ok, I think it’s time for a little girl talk here,” Merrick says.

“Let me guess, girl talk is an excuse for an interrogation about my current relationship with Lestat who, no doubt, is listening to every word right now,” I reply with a smirk.

“So what’s going on between you and him?”

“He’s my boyfriend.”

Jesse’s and Merrick’s eyes go big.

“Since when?”

“Since 30 minutes ago, don’t worry you haven’t missed out on the gossip.”

“I can’t believe I’m asking this but what is it like for a human to kiss with a vampire? It’s not exactly something I’ve done research about in my Talamasca years.”

“It’s better. Lestat knows how to kiss and I’m not saying that because I know he’s listening to every word of this conversation.”

“Thank you darling, you too.”

I roll my eyes at my brand new boyfriend, who of course choose to walk back into the living room right now, wearing his infamous grin that gave him tons of female fans back in his rockstar days.

“Honey, you need to feed. And not on me please.”

“Alright, I’ll go hunting. For real this time,” he adds when he sees the skeptical look on my face.

After he has left, I sit down, facing Jesse and Merrick, who have been watching my conversation with Lestat like an interesting tennis match.

“So, how about watching a movie guys? We haven’t done that in awhile.”

Merrick grins at me.

“Alright. But it’s my time to pick one.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was alright at French in high school but I haven't got a clue if the French in this chapter was ok....

Anyway, comments please.