Status: Finished

Carpe Noctum, Seize the Night

Hi, my name is Maggy O’Hara. I’m twenty-seven year old and I live in New Orleans.
My first name is short for Magdalena but the only time people use that name is when they’re angry at me. I must admit that happens a lot though, since I have the tendancy to ignore rules that are unimportant in my eyes. I may seem like an ordinary woman to you, an ordinary red-haired, blue eyed social-worker who simply enjoys her peaceful life.

If it wasn’t for the Talamasca, I would be.

Ever heard of the Talamasca? No? I’m not surprised, they’re a highly secretive organization, you’re not supposed to know their name. They’re a group of scientists and librarians who research supernatural beings, such as vampires, ghosts, witches and demons and most of them have psychic powers. Yes, before you ask, I have ‘Jedi mind-tricks’ of my own but they’re not very strong.

I’m not a full member of the Talamasca and I don’t live permanently in one of their motherhouses. The things is, all the Talamasca does is watching. Stay on the sideline and watch. I’m not a watcher. I’m a girl who won’t stay on the sideline but prefers to actually do something. As a result, this will probably the only disagreement the organization and I will ever have.

My best friends, whom I consider family, are full members, though. While I work part-time, they work full-time. Their names are Merrick, Jesse, David and Aaron.
I hadn’t seen them in a while but little did I know my next meeting with them would change my life forever. And it would change thanks to a certain vampire who had been nicknamed the Brat Prince but is better known as Lestat de Lioncourt….

This story takes place between 'Merrick'and 'Blackwood farm'. I only own Maggy, everyone else appearing in this story belongs to Anne Rice.

Image