‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 19

Image

The next morning, I was up at seven, hearing my phone go off. "Whoever the fuck is calling me this early, is going to die." I growled into the phone.

"Kelsi, are you awake?" It was Alex.

"Fucker, does it sound like I'm awake?"

"Well, come down stairs. I'm here."

"Excuse me?" I opened my eyes, but instantly shut them from the blinding morning light. "What do you mean, 'you're here'?"

"I'm here at Papa's. I'm positive they won't let me in, so please come down."

"And what makes you think I will?" I asked.

"Kelsandra-"

"Do not fucking call me by my whole name." I hissed.

"Then come open the damn door!"

"You want me to open the door?! Fine!" I slammed my phone shut, threw the covers off and stomped down stairs. I walked past everyone, and to the door. "There you go, asshole! Now, good-bye." I went to slam the door shut, but his foot stopped me from doing so. "So help me, Alex if you don't-"

"I'm here to see Lily. You don't have to put up with me." He said.

"Obviously I do if you're standing here!"

"What's going on?" Papa asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Apparently he wants to see Lily." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, Kels. Can we please just talk things out?"

"What's there to talk out, Alex? You proved your decision yesterday. What more is there?"

"I've just been really stressed lately, Kels. I don't know what came over me. I don't know what made me act like that and stay the things I did."

I scoffed, looking away. "I do. And for the fact of being stressed, is not an excuse. I'm stressed, but I'm still trying to be pleasant. But when you rattle my cage, you are going to get the consequences you deserve."

"I know, Kels. I'm sorry. Please... Please, just one more chance." I glared at him hard for a few minutes.

"Give him one more chance, Kels." Papa said. I looked up at him like he had lost it. "I mean it. If he's trying this hard, give him one more chance."

I shook my head, laughing sarcastically. "Someone has got to be watching over you today or something." I said, moving so he could walk.

"Thank you, Papa. At least someone here still likes me." Alex said, walking in.

"I didn't say I liked you. I just said to give you another chance. I don't want my grandchild to be put through what her mother was in a sense." He said, looking Alex up and down. I could tell he was becoming uncomfortable. I snickered at this and went to the living room, where I knew everyone was at. They seriously never went home! Or, they did, but came right back.

When I walked in, I noticed Dad and Michelle were missing. "Michelle's morning sickness seems to just be getting worse. They're gonna stay home today." Val explained, handing Lily to me.

"Oh, ok." Great, one day that I would most likely need Dad, he wasn't going to be here. I understood he needed to take care of Michelle, but it still made me nervous. At least I had Jimmy and the others. "Well, let's see." I mumbled, walking over to Alex and handing him Lily. She was upset at first, but soon calmed down.

Alex stuck around. He said he had some catching up to do with Lily. Fine, if he was going to man up and start acting like a father, I'd let him stay.

I went on with the daily routine, until I had to get ready before Beth showed up. What I didn't know was, she was bringing everyone else with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short and kinda fillerish... next one should be longer.
comment! :)
<3