‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 26

Image

I walked up to the door and knocked, the whole time my stomach doing flips. "Kels? What're you doing here?" Carson asked, confused.

"I came to help." My voice was quiet and unsure.

"Are you sure? Kels, I don't want something happening to you..." He said, looking behind him.

"How bad is he?"

"His hitting his violent stage." He sighed.

"That was fast." I said, shocked.

"Yeah, well, when you're on drugs like these almost everyday, that's what happens... Come on in." He opened the door wider so I could walk in.

The blinds and windows were wide open so light and fresh air could be let in. They were torturing him... I sighed, and walked over to at least close the blinds. "Kels! What're you doing?!" Jake asked, watching me.

"You guys can't just throw him into this. He'll die." I said, before continuing. After I was done, I walked over to Kevin who was laying on the couch, his body soaked in sweat. His breathing was shallow as his eyes were scrunched shut.

"Just kill me. Kill me now and put me out of my misery." He begged pathetically.

"No, that would be too easy." I said, looking down at him.

"Kelsi?" He asked, weakly.

"Yes, Kevin. It's me. Now, are you going to do this willingly, or are you going to put up a fight?" I asked sternly.

"Do what?"

"Quit. You're going to quit drugs whether you like it or not."

"You don't know how hard it is, Kels..." He groaned.

"Oh, I think I do." I snapped back. Carson walked over and put his hand on my shoulder.

"So you did drugs too?" I was getting confused looks from Carson and Jake.

"Not by my own will."

"That's a shame... It's so much fun."

"Fun?! How can you call this fun, Kevin?! You're ruining your life right now! Why'd you even start in the first place?!"

"I don't know." He groaned, rolling onto his side.

I sighed, knowing this was going to be difficult. I bent over and felt his forehead. "Guys, help me get him to the bathroom." I said, feeling how hot he was. They decided it was best not to ask questions.

Once they stripped him to his boxers and put him in the tub, I turned on the cold water. He needed to keep a steady body temp, or his body would over heat. That would just be worse for him.

I sat next to the tub, just watching him. How could one of my close friends become like this? Would this still have happened if I had stayed?

*Brian's P.O.V.*

I called the guys and they met me at my house. I ran to check on Michelle and saw she was still sleeping. Val had already taken care of Lily and gotten Ky to school.

"Where's Kels?" Zack asked first once everyone was there.

"I don't know. That's why I called you guys. We need to think of places she would go." I said, leaning against the counter.

"You don't think she would run..." Coby said, not sure whether to say it or not.

"No, Papa just she had something to take care of and would be back in a few hours. She wouldn't leave Lily." Val said.

"What about Alex..." Zack said.

"God, I hope not. She can't afford to be arrested." Matt said.

We were still thinking of places, when Michelle came into the kitchen. She trudged over to me and buried her face into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of my head. "How're you feeling?" I asked, rubbing her back.

"Same." I sighed, wishing there was something I could do to just make it go away.

It was silent, when my phone started ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey, Brian. It's Carson. I thought I should just let you know that Kels is with us." He said.

"She is? Where are you guys? How is she acting?"

"Whoa, calm down. We're with Kevin. She's a little on the quiet side, but I think she's ok."

"She's where?!" I felt my blood starting to boil. Why the hell would she go there knowing that it's dangerous?!

"Stay calm, Brian. She knows what she's doing. Plus, Jake and I are here for her. We're not going to let anything happen to her."

"You better not, or I swear you two-"

"Brian, she's like a sister to us... Nothing can change that. Get some rest, you sound tired."

Nah? Ya think! I put the phone on the counter and let out a breath. "She's with Kevin. Carson and Jake are there with her and said that they'd look after her.

"Brian, are you kidding me?! She-"

"I know, Jimmy. But there's obviously nothing we can do. She can make her own decisions. She's made that point clear." A thought suddenly popped into my head. "Alex wasn't being serious about the custody thing, was he?" I asked Matt.

"I don't know, Man. But he's not getting it, that's for sure."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I think it's time we go have a talk with him."

"I'm coming and there's nothing you can do about it." Leana said, crossing her arms.

"We'll all go except for Val and Michelle. They need to rest." Zack said, looking at the twins. Val nodded and said she would stay and watch Lily.

"Alright, let's go then." I said.

"Don't go." Michelle whined, wrapping her arms around my waist. I hated leaving her when she was sick, but I needed to take care of this.

"Babe, I'll be back soon. Don't worry." I kissed her forehead, before leaving.

When we got to Alex's place, it looked like no one was there. Johnny went to knock on the door just make sure. Just then, Alex pulled up in his car. "What's up, guys?" He asked confused.

"We need to talk, Alex." I said, getting to the point.

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

I was sitting on the couch, talking to Jake as Kevin slept, when my phone started ringing. "Kelsi?!"

"Val, what's wrong?"

"Did you pick Lily up?"

My stomach clenched as fear hit me. "No... Why?" I asked slowly. I heard mumbled voices and crying in the background.

"Kels, it's Dad. You need to come home... I think someone took Lily."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh...
If I get a butt load of comments, I'll up date once more tonight and you might find out what happens. Depends on how much love you guys show me... I'm need of it right now :( feeling a little sad