‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 27

Image

The phone dropped out of my hand as I sat, frozen. Who the hell would take her? Why my baby?! What was I doing so wrong that she had to be taken away from me?!

"Kelsi, babe what's wrong?" Jake asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Why are you crying?" I hadn't even noticed I had shed the tears I was holding back. "Kels! Talk to me!" He said, taking my face between his hands.

"Jake, you gotta get her to Brian. Someone took Lily." Carson said, hanging up my phone. He must've been talking to Dad.

"Oh God..." Was all Jake said, before picking me up and taking me to my car. He sat me in the passenger seat while he got in the driver's. "It's gonna be ok, Kels. We're going to find that son of a bitch."

"I'll kill them." Was the only thing I could get out, before I broke down into hysterics. What was going to happen to her if we didn't find her? Was she scared? Was she hurt? A mother's bond to her child is so close, that it breaks your heart even when they just scrape their knee. This... Was a million times worse.

If anything happens to her... I'll never forgive myself.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

Val was crying non-stop because she thinks it's her fault Lily's missing. She fell asleep for a while and when she woke up, she was gone. "Val, it's not your fault." I said softly, trying to calm her down. This wasn't good for the baby.

The door opened and Jake carried in a hysterical Kels. He set her on the couch as he looked up to me, not knowing what to do. I looked to Jimmy for help, but he was just staring at Kels. I could tell he wanted to help her, but was still hurt and scared of what she'd do considering how she acted last night.

"Go ahead, Babe." Leana told him softly, giving him a little push towards Kels. He slowly walked over and kneeled in front of her, putting his hands on her knees. He didn't say anything, just kept rubbing her legs soothingly. She was starting to calm down a little, but her breathing was still shallow.

"Kelsi, you have to breathe calmly, Babe." Jimmy said quietly.

"It hurts, Jimmy." She cried, still holding her chest.

"What hurts, Sweetie?" He asked.

"My chest." I was suddenly concerned, and went over to her.

"Can you breathe, Kels?" I asked, smoothing her hair out of her face.

"Barely." She gasped. Jimmy picked her up and carried her outside as I followed.

"Ok, Kels. I want you to focus on me." I said, taking her face between my hands. "Look at me and focus on your breathing. Just deep breaths. In and out, remember?" Her breathing got better, but she was still crying. I couldn't blame her. It broke my hear to see my little girl like this.

"We're gonna find her, Baby." Jimmy said, his arms around her and rocking her back and forth. "I won't sleep until we find her. Nothing is going to happen to that little girl."

"No one messes with this family." I said, kissing her forehead, before going back inside, knowing Jimmy could take care of her. I had to check on the others and come up with a plan.

"We're gonna get this fucker, Bri." Matt said.

"Oh, I know we are." I growled, before sitting down so we could figure out who the hell it is.

*Unknown*

"Shut up you fucking brat!" I growled as she kept crying. I should be getting paid more for this shit! I could always gag her... No, she has to be in one piece, not harmed. Ugh, this was going to be a long ass drive...
♠ ♠ ♠
I love how you all keep saying it was Jessica :) lol
If you haven't already, please go read my new story! One Day Too Late
Also, here's a new one A Rivalry Goes So Deep by helloeloveyou - amazing story! bit of a twist than some A7X fan fics :)