‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 30

Image

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

I was sitting on the bed, holding Lily close, kissing her all over. It felt like the hole in my chest was replaced when I got to hold her again. I didn't think I was going to be able to hold it together anymore if I didn't get her back.

There was a knock on the door, but I ignored it. "Kels." Coby said, pocking his head inside. "Can we come in?" I looked up to see him and Dad. I didn't answer, just looked back down to Lily. Personally, I didn't feel like seeing or talking to anyone right now. Why couldn't they just give me my space?

"Kels, you really can't believe that Bam took Lily." Dad said, sitting at the end of the bed.

"He's the one who brought her back after Missy and Jessica had some sort of stupid ass plan." Coby said.

I blocked them out as I rocked Lily back in my arms. Why couldn't they just get the point?

"Where are you going?" Dad asked confused as I stood up.

"Out." I said, grabbing my keys and bag, while going down stairs to find Lily's carrier. Once she was in, I passed by all the people asking me questions, trying to stop me. "I just want to be left alone right now." I snapped, not meaning to, but I hated being surrounded. Especially in times like these. I felt like a caged animal.

I just got in the car and drove.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

"She's gonna give me gray hair sooner than usual." I sighed, slumping down onto the couch.

"If she's going to act like that, then just let her be. Why waist time and energy if she's just going to push you away?" Michelle said, getting an attitude. I looked at her like she was mental.

"Maybe because that's his daughter. You just don't give up on your kids, Michelle." Leana snapped. "Ya know, I'm really getting sick and tired of your 'oh, feel bad for me because I'm sick and pregnant' attitude. I've had enough. You need to quit bitching and moaning about it. You don't need Brian's attention every fucking second of the God damn day!" Jimmy put his arm around her waist to keep her calmed down.

Michelle burst into tears, walking out of the room. I just sat there. She really did deserve it. I understand she hates being sick, but Val's going through the same thing, and you don't see her bitching and wanting Matt's attention every second of the day.

"Brian, we need to figure out where Kels went. In her state of mind right now... She might just take off again." Zack said, looking worried.

"But where?"

"To a place we would least suspect." Johnny said.

"Kevin." Joe said randomly.

"No fucking way. She wouldn't do that." Ben said. I understood he was upset that his friend was just getting off drugs, but why was he still so angry with him? People make mistakes!

"I think she did." Jake said, a worried look on his face. "But Kev's done really well these past couple of days. He's slowly getting over the withdrawals. They still hit pretty hard, but he's slowly making progress."

"That still doesn't explain why Kels would go there. With the baby, no less!" Ben said, jumping up.

"Guys, I think she just needed to get away from everything. Didn't you hear what she said?" Raab said. "She just wants to be left alone."

"But that doesn't mean she should be!" Ben countered.

"Dude, chill. He makes sense." Devin said. "You know how freaked she gets when she's surrounded by people. Maybe she just needs a few hours to herself..."

*Kevin's P.O.V.*

Today's been a good day, so far. Carson's been keeping me company. Him and Kels really opened my eyes. I'm such a dumbass...

"Am I doing it right?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, just move your arm a bit more for support."

"Like this?"

"Exactly like that."

Wow... Who knew the feeling you could get from this... It was amazing. And to think I was about to throw my life away for drugs. Hell no. I just found my new purpose to quit...

"Hey, Lily. I'm Uncle Kevin."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and commented! :)
So, busy day. We had a music festival and received a rating of 2 (which is an excellent, that's the second highest rating for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about) and we qualified for State! :) so I'm happy right now. that means I will probably get a lot of updates out tonight if I can

Go check out Bad News Written All Over It by Her Afterlife and then the sequel Tell Me The Good News if you want a bit of Johnny Seward storiness (yes, I just made up that word. Deal)