‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 32

Image

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

I pulled away from Kevin, still in a bit of a daze. What had just happened?

I heard a noise come from the door, and my head snapped to look. There Bam stood, mouth slightly hanging open and eyes full of hurt and rejection. He slowly started shaking his head back and forth. "Bam-"

"Don't, Kels." He mumbled, before turning around and walking away.

I looked at Kevin and he nodded towards the door. "Go ahead. I'll watch Lily." He said, giving me a little nudge and smiling sadly.

I kissed his forehead and ran after Bam. He was already to the front door.

"Bam! Wait!" I called to him as he made it out the door.

"Don't, Kelsi. Really, just go back up to Kevin." He said with bitterness in his voice.

"Bam, it's not what you think." What a lame line!

"Well it sure looked like what I thought."

"Kevin still has feelings for me, but I don't have any for him. You have to believe me, Bam." He looked up at me with weary eyes. "Come on, let's talk." I said, taking his hand in mine and started walking. He slowly walked along with me.

"Kels, I know I screwed up. I don't know why I kept Missy around. I just thought, since we were trying to be just friends, that it would be easier if I had someone else. Well, when she showed up, I thought 'hey, it couldn't hurt to try'. But, in the end, it did... It hurt you, I hurt you."

"Bam, we all make mistakes, none of us are perfect. I'm not saying that I wasn't hurt when all of that happened. I felt like you seriously just ripped my heart out when you said you guys were engaged... I felt like I didn't know you anymore."

"I swear she tricked me into it. Now that I think about it... I really think she did. It was like, anything to keep me away from you." He looked down at the ground, shaking his head.

I squeezed his hand and stopped walking. He turned to look at me, confused. "Bam, just tell me that you're done with her. I don't think I-"

"Kels, I am more than done with her. Her ass is in fucking jail where it can rot." He hissed through clenched teeth. Now it was my turn to be confused. "Her and Jessica were the ones that hired some guy to take Lily to them. I don't know what they were planning to do after he got her to the house, but I do know that we kicked his ass."

Oh hell no! "Who was the mother fucker?" I growled.

He looked at me with worried eyes, before answering. "Scott." That single name made my blood chill. "Kelsi, don't worry. He's not going to get her again or you." He said, pulling me into his arms.

"How do you know? He got out to get Lily. What makes you think he won't do it again?" I asked, my head buried in his chest.

"Because I am going to make sure he gets the death sentence." He said, holding me even tighter.

"I just don't want to live in fear anymore, Bam."

"You won't have to." He whispered into my hair, kissing the top of my head while he rubbed my back. I just held onto his shirt tighter, loving the feeling of him holding me again. I missed this so much. I missed his touch, his smell... I just missed him...

"Kels... I don't know what Kevin had up his sleeve, but before he can make another move on you again, I need to tell you this... Every day I was with Missy, I was wishing I was with you. I need you, Kels. You're my partner in crime. You calm me down at the end of the day when I need it. You're always there for me when something's wrong, or even when something isn't... Do you think you can give me a chanc? Us a chance?" He pulled back a little to look at me.

I stared into his beautiful eyes that I always got lost in. They were always entrancing no matter what. I smiled softly, laying my hand on his cheek. "I think I can." His face broke into a huge grin, before he picked me up and held me even closer, if that was even possible... I laughed and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Does this mean you and Lil are going to come back?" He asked, still smiling like an idiot. I looked at the sky, pretending to think about it. He scoffed shaking his head. "Fine then." He said, going to drop me, but I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Of course, you idiot. Do you really think a long distance relationship would work?" I laughed, messing with his hair.

"Well... It could. Doesn't mean I'd want to go through it though..."

"Yes, we will be coming back." I smiled, kissing his cheek and placing my feet back on the ground. "Come on, let's go get Lily and go back to my dad's." I said, starting to walk back up to the house.

"This day just keeps getting better and better." I heard him say from behind me. I turned and saw him looking at my ass.

"Perv!" I laughed, covering it.

"No!" He whined, catching up with me. "Why'd you have to go and do that?" He pouted, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Because I can." He laughed and shook his head. Kevin met us out front, holding Lily in her carrier. I smiled and walked over to get her. "I still love you, Kev... Just not in the way you want us to be."

He smiled, nodding. "I know, Kels. At least it was worth a shot." I gave him a hug, knowing he needed one.

"I'm going back with Bam, but if you ever need anything, you know my number now. Don't hesitate to call." I said, looking at him. "I don't want to hear that you got back on that shit, Kev. I will get the first flight out here... You've been doing really well, don't change that."

"Don't worry, Kels. I have the guys. I know I can count on them if I have a fall back."

"That, and Ben will kick your ass." We both laughed, nodding.

"Take care of yourself and that baby."

"Oh, I will."

"You better not be leaving without telling me bye again!" Carson yelled, running out the door.

"Well get your ass over here and give me a hug." I said, laughing.

"I'm gonna miss you." He said, holding onto me.

"You can call and come visit, Carson. I'll be back to visit too."

"You better. And bring little one with you."

"I will." I smiled, kissing his cheek. "We'll see you guys later." I turned and Bam took Lily to put her in the back seat.

"I'll meet you at Brian's." He said, pecking me lips, before going to his rental.

I smiled and got in mine.

Finally.

*Kevin's P.O.V.*

And there she goes... My last chance right out the window...

"I love you Kelsandra Haner, more than you'll ever know."
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, I love how you all thought she was doing the dirty. Come on! not with Lily there! psh, crazy people.