‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 43

Image

Bam had me running around everywhere today. Some places were surprising and others were just funny. Had this been why he was being distant today? Who ever knows with that man.

I was at my last stop, the park.

Ville was there, smiling like he knew something. Or course he did! He knows everything! Which is quit annoying sometimes.

"Hello, Love." He said, giving me a hug. "I am here to give you your last gift and something you'll need for tonight." I looked at him skeptically as he pulled out a box. "Open it." He smiled, handing it to me.

I smiled as I saw what was inside. "They're beautiful." I said, stroking the bracelet.

"Let's just say, he had some help. But he does care about you very much. I know that for a fact."

How could I have been so stupid to think Bam and I might be over?

"Now, one last thing." He walked over to his rental car and pulled out a big box. "This was picked out just for you. Go ahead and get ready, then I will drive you to where you need to be."

I looked around. "Get ready here?"

He laughed at my blondness. "No, Kels. Meet me back at the house. You have about two hours to be ready. Think that's enough?"

I nodded and told him I'd meet him there.

When I had gotten up to the room to get ready, I finally opened the box. Bam really had put some work into this.

I got ready as fast as I could, curling my now longer hair, which I hardly ever do. As I finished, I walked down stairs to see a few of the guys in the living room. They were watching tv, talking or playing with Lily.

Jess fake gasped and pointed at me. "She actually dressed up in what Bam picked out!" That earned a few chuckles from the guys.

"Oh so clever, Jess." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Look at Mommy, doesn't she look pretty?" Novak said, bouncing Lily lightly on his lap. She laughed and clapped her hands.

"I think that's a yes." Raab said, laughing.

"Mommy." All our heads snapped to Lily. Had she just said that?!

She had tried before, but it usually just came out as gurgles. We figured she would talk when she was ready.

"Baby, did you just say Mommy?" I asked, picking her up. She giggled as I kissed her cheek.

"Kodak moment!" Novak said, running for a camera. I shook my head, but posed anyways. That man and cameras... I swear.

"Are we ready?" Ville asked, walking in. I smiled and nodded. "You look beautiful, Kelsi." He said as we walked to his car.

"Thanks." I said softly, looking at the ground.

We pulled up to a random place right on the edge of the woods. What am I talking about? We were in the middle of the woods!

"Why are we stopping here?" I asked, confused.

"Because." He said, before getting out and walking over to my door. "This is our stop." He helped me out and and picked me up. "We don't want you tripping, now do we?"

Straight ahead was a lit up area that looked like a small canopy. There stood Bam. I smiled, looking down.

Ville set me back on my feet and told us to have fun, before he left. Bam didn't say anything. He just took a hold of my hand and walked me over to the candle lit table. This was all so beautiful.

There were small paper lanterns hanging around us and there were candles on the table with a few plates.

"Did you do all of this?" I asked Bam as he sat down.

He looked down sheepishly. "Yeah."

I reached across the table and held his hand. "It's amazing, Bam."

"I'm glad you like it. Did you like your presents?" He asked, unsure.

"It was very thoughtful. Thank you. I really do love them."

"I know I've been off with you these last few days, Kels. And I'm sorry. There's no excuse for it."

"No, it's fine. I've been off too."

"But I said things I shouldn't have. I know you want to go to school and work for yourself. That's what I admire about you. But, I want to take care of you. I want to be there for you every second of the day."

"Bam, you can do that even when I do work and go to school. We don't need to be attached at the hip for you to take care of me and be there for me."

He sighed, nodding. "I know. I realized that... I just worry about you."

I stood up and walked over to sit on his lap. "Don't worry about me, Baby. I know how to take care of myself." I said, softly kissing him.

"That's not going to stop me." He mumbled against my lips.

"I know."

Bam truly was perfect. He was funny, romantic, and all around, a great guy. He was the one for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm in Cali right now. Spring Break. Hehe...
But I'm going to try to keep updating my stories while I'm here :)
So... Is this the end? Gasp! Tell me what you think in a comment!