‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 5

Image

We were still sitting out back, and Lily was getting passed around. I think she liked the attention. She looked so tiny in Matt's arms!

"So, may I ask who?" Dad asked as he sat next to me. Yes, he's finally calm. Not exactly ecstatic about it, but he's already fallen in love with her. Who wouldn't?

I sighed. "Alex."

"Does he know?" My silence gave him his answer.

"Why haven't you told him?" Jimmy asked, confused.

"Because the last time we talked wasn't the best," I said, scowling.

"He still has a right to know he has a child," Dad said.

"You think I don't know that? I feel bad every day keeping his daughter away from him, but I didn't know how he'd react. He was being an ass the last time I talked to him, and that was it. It's like I was nothing to him! Why should I put up with his Pre-Madonna ass if he's going to act like that?" I huffed, crossing my arms.

"You are his kid," Jimmy chuckled, shaking his head.

"Kels, when I found out about you after seventeen fucking years, I regretted not being in your life. I was so angry with your mother for not telling me."

"I wasn't going to keep her from him that long..."

"But what about during the pregnancy? What about during the birth? I missed all of those important things, Kels! And it hurts." I sighed, knowing he was right. "So, are you going to tell him?"

I was silent for a few minutes, before nodding. "Yeah..."

"When?"

I shrugged. "I don't know... Whenever I get the courage to call him."

He took out his phone and handed it to me. "It's calling," he said, raising his eyebrows and nodding his head.

I started to panic. "What?! Dad, you-"

"Hello? Brian?" Alex’s confused voice came through the speaker

"Um... Hey, Alex," I mumbled.

"Kelsi?" He asked confused.

"...Yeah..."

There was a long pause, before he spoke again. "What's up?"

"We need to talk."

"About?"

"Are you going to be near New Jersey anytime soon?"

He thought about it. "Not really, but I can if it's important."

I looked over at Lily, who was back in Jimmy's arms. "It is."

"Alright, I'll be there Friday. Where at?"

"Gerard's."

"Okay, I'll see you then. Bye." I gave Dad his phone back and took Lily from Jimmy. I just needed to hold her.

"So, what's going on at my house?" Gerard asked confused.

"Sorry, Alex is going to meet me there. I can change it. It was just the first thing that popped into my mind."

"No that's fine. We'll just need to bubble wrap the house," he said, smirking.

"Oh, shut up."

"Mom?" I heard a little voice call.

"Outside, Hun!" Michelle called back. Ky came running out the doors and stopped when he saw me.

"Kelsi!"

"Whoa there, Little Man. Careful, okay?" Zacky said, catching him. Ky nodded then came over to me.

"Whose baby is that?" He asked curiously.

"Mine, say hi to your niece." I smiled.

He gasped. "I'm an uncle?" I nodded and laughed at his reaction. "That's so cool! Daddy, I'm an uncle like my uncles!"

Dad just laughed. "I heard."

"She's so pretty," he said softly, staring down at her.

"Do you want to hold her?" I asked. He looked a little nervous, but nodded. I sat him in my chair and told him how to hold her. He did as I said, and I put her in his arms. The biggest grin broke out on his face.

"She's so small," he said, amazed. "Hey, Uncle Jimmy?"

"Yeah, Bud?"

"Where do babies come from?" Jimmy's eyes got big as he just stared at Ky. Everyone tried holding in their laughs.

"Why don't you ask your dad?" Jimmy suggested, trying to get out of this one.

"Because you always have an answer for everything. That's why everyone always tells me to go ask you."

Jimmy sat there, trying to think of something. "They bloom... Like plants.... And then the stork comes and brings them to the mommy in the hospital."

Ky’s face scrunched in confusion. "Well, why does the mommy have to go to the hospital?"

"Because the doctor has to tell her how to take care of them."

"Nice, Jim," I laughed, shaking my head. How does this man come up with this crap?
♠ ♠ ♠
ha! 'They bloom' I have no idea where that came from. I must be loosing my damn mind...
So, new story up! It's going to have Avenged in it also with other bands. But different. It'll be about Zacky's sister! No worries, I'll keep up on this one too.