‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 51

Image

Dad went back in to see if Michelle needed anything while I went back to the waiting room with Bam and the others. The girls suddenly attacked me, apparently Bam or Leana had told them.

"Hang on, what happened to your face?" Lacey asked, turning it to the side.

I saw Bam's smile fall and replaced by guilt. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it. "Just an accident." I said, shrugging.

"With?"

"You know me. I'm clumsy."

"Kels-" I gave her a look and she stopped.

"So, who's ready to go and see Meloni?" Dad snapped us out of our conversation.

"You named her?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes. Melani Kelsandra Haner." I looked at him, stunned.

"You used my name as her middle name?" My voice barely came out as a whisper.

"I thought you'd like that." He said, smiling softly.

For some reason, I felt special. I know it probably seemed weird, but hey! It was a good feeling.

I walked up and gave him a hug, just for everything. I hadn't been very loving with him lately, and I thought right now was one of the best times to do just that.

"Come meet your little sister." He said, kissing the top of my head and leading me somewhere, along with the whole group.

We walked into a room that had a few other babies in incubators. He walked over to one of them and smiled.

"That's her?" I asked, smiling down at the tiny little girl.

"That's her." He nodded, staring down at her.

"She's beautiful." She was so tiny that she seemed about half the size of a new born.

Bam walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and lay his head on my shoulder. "Just think... One day." He whispered in my ear, spreading his fingers over my stomach and rubbing it softly. I turned my head to look up at him, confused. "What?"

I shook my head. "We'll talk later." I said, leaning back against him and kept gazing down at my little sister. I knew she was strong enough to make it through. She was a Haner, after all.

*Jimmy's P.O.V.*

Watching how Bam was with Kelsi, I knew she picked a good one. I still couldn't believe our little Kels was getting married, though! It seemed just like yesterday she was our sassy little seventeen year old. Now, she's off on her own with a baby of her own and getting married!

What is the world coming to...

"Jim?" Matt pulled me out of my thoughts and back to the real world. "What're you thinking about?"

"Kelsi."

He smiled, nodding his head. "Me too."

"Do you think it'll work?"

He gave me a confused look. "What?"

I nodded towards the couple that were in their own little world. "Do you think her and Bam will work out?"

He was in deep thought for a few minutes. "I really do. They're great for each other and I don't think Bam would ever do anything to her to purposely hurt her. He'd do anything for her. Lily too. He acts like Lily's his daughter already, anyways."

"You've got a point..."

Lee came over and sat on my lap. "What're you two staring at them for?" She asked, a knowing smile on her face.

"I just can't believe she's leaving." I said, pouting.

"Babe, she's been living with bam for how long?"

"But she's getting married!"

"To a great guy!"

"Woman! Stop raining on my depression parade!" I huffed crossing my arms. Matt and Lee both laughed.

"Nice, Dude." Matt said, patting my back.

"Can't I just lock her in the closet and keep her there?" I asked, dead serious.

"No. She needs to eat and get sunshine to survive."

"I'll feed her and let her go out for a little bit..."

She just shook her head and smiled at me. "Nice try."

"I haven't tried... Yet."

She sighed, running her fingers through my hair. "We just have to get used to the fact that our Baby Kels is all grown up."

"But we weren't even there her whole life! So she still has... Sixteen years to make up for!"

"No, Babe." She said, kissing my cheek and walking away.

Brian told everyone to go home and that he would call to check up later. Kels wanted to stay, but Bam ended up having to pick her up and carry her out. Stubborn little shit...

We all just ended up going over to Matt's to chill. "Hey, Uncle Jimbo." Kels said sweetly, sitting on my lap and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"What do you want?" I asked skeptically, hiding the beer in my hand behind my back.

She rolled her eyes and smiled down at me. "I hear you're having separation anxiety."

I sighed, and nodded. "I just feel like time flew by! The whole 'Bam purposing' caught me off guard."

"Jim, I already have a kid of my own... Don't you think I had to grow up for that?"

"Well, yeah, I know that... But you're getting married now! That just ties everything together!" I said, laying my head on her shoulder.

"That doesn't mean I won't need you anymore." She said softly, rubbing my back. "I'll always need my family. You guys are what go me through so much. I'm not just going to forget that."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her, sighing contently. "I love you, Munchkin."

"Hey! I thought that was my nickname!" Ky said as he passed us.

I laughed. "No, Kiddo. Yours is twerp."

"Oh, ok." He said, shrugging and going on his way.

*Kelsi's P.O.V.*

I talked with Jimmy for a little bit more, before going back to Bam. He was sitting on one of the lounge chairs and talking to Zacky and Jason.

He smiled when he saw me walking over, and moved his legs so that they were spread and his feet were on the ground, so I could lay with him.

I put my back to his chest and lay my head against his shoulder as he continued to talk to the guys. His hands rested on my stomach and rubbed small circles. It brought my mind back to what he had said earlier...

I knew he had said he wanted kids one day... But I didn't think he was being serious. I wouldn't mind having more kids, but I would want to wait a little bit. Getting done with college and having Lily be a little bit older...

Ky snapped me out of my thoughts when he climbed up with me and Bam. "Hey, Buddy." I smiled as he lay his head on my chest. "Are you sleepy?" He just nodded as his heavy eyes closed. I rubbed his back, putting him to sleep quickly.

I smiled when I felt Bam's lips on my hair. This was what I loved about him. He didn't always need to be physical like a lot of the male species. Just holding me was good enough for him.

Maybe this was a good choice, saying yes to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're interested in a new Bam story, go check out Broken Heels by S_n_o_w_Y.