‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 54

Image

"Ha, look, Bam! I made your fiance all wet." Brendon said idiotically.

Bam glared at him. "Dude, run." Ryan said, laughing.

I shook my head at the two boys, before jumping out of the pool and going back to the house to find something dry.

When I walked back down stairs, finally changed and ready for the day.

"Kelsi! Look!" Ky came running over to me, holding one of his teeth.

"Wow! That looks like it's five bucks!" I said, bending down to his height.

"Really?" He asked, his eyes widening.

"Yeah! Go tell Dad to put it in a baggy for you so you can keep it and put it under your pillow tonight."

"Ok!" He smiled, before running off to find Dad.

I remember those days...

"Looks like someone's visiting Memory Lane." I turned to smile at Mikey. "Hey, you." He pulled me into a much needed hug. "Nerves gettin' to you?" He asked, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said, before turning and going to find Val and Michelle. They were sitting on the couch, talking with Gerard and Ray while the babies lay in their carriers.

"There's Big Sis." Val smiled as I walked over to them.

"Who do you wanna hold first?" Michelle asked, smiling up at me.

Yes, Michelle and I had fixed our differences. She saw how immature she was being during the pregnancy and apologized to everyone. Her and Dad were doing perfectly fine and were planning on getting married next year.

"I wanna see Liel. Sorry, Mel. I wasn't there for his birth, unlike yours." I said, smiling down at the sleeping bundle.

After spending an hour with the babies, I decided to get up and start making lunch. God knows it was going to take me at least a few hours to make enough food to feed these bottomless pits!

"Watcha doin'?" Devin asked, standing next to me in the kitchen.

"Trying to make food enough for all you crazy people."

Kels, you know we could always order take out, right?" He said, laughing lightly.

"No, that would be too much."

"You cooking all of this food is too much. You're tiny! You can only do so much!" I glared up at him. "What?"

"I'm not tiny and I can do as much as I want."

"Ok, Wonder Woman." He said, rolling his eyes, before walking out of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, someone snuck up behind me and threw me over their shoulder. "What the hell?"

"I had strict order to kidnap you." Frank said in a hushed voice.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Please let me down, Frank."

"Nope! No can do!" He walked me outside and then plopped me down in someone's lap.

I looked to see Bam smiling as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Hey, Beautiful." He said, kissing my cheek.

"Now spend some time with your boy toy." Frank said.

"What? Why? I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my life with him!"

Bam's face dropped. "That was low."

I just rolled my eyes. "You know I was just kidding, Babe." I smiled, giving him a kiss. "Who's going to make lunch if I'm not?" I asked curiously.

"Don't worry. We've got it covered." Ray said.

"I trust Ray... But the rest of you..."

"Hey!" Derek pouted. A few of them walked inside with Beth and set off cooking. This would be interesting...

A few minutes later, Joe, Frank, and Brendon decided to hide behind one of the tables on the deck. "What're you guys doing?" Bam asked them, trying not to laugh.

"Shh! We're hiding from Ky!" Brendon whispered. He turned back around. They kept staring at the sliding glass door that went into the house.

Johnny came sneaking up behind them with Ky in his arms. We stayed quiet, watching to see what would happen.

Johnny poked Frank in the shoulder to get his attention. He turned around and looked at him and Ky who was now standing behind them. "Oh, hey, Ky." He said, turning back around.

They all three froze. They slowly turned their heads to look at Ky, who had a huge smile on his face. "Ah!" They all screamed, before scrambling to get up and run.

"That was low, Christ! Very low!" Frank yelled as they all three ran with Ky hot on their trail. Johnny was laughing too hard to even care.

"That was good." Leana admitted, laughing along with the rest of us.

This was just a regular day with all of us. No wonder Bam had his own show...