‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 8

Image

It's been almost a week, and I'm still at Gerard's. I called work and told them there was a family emergency, and they were fine with it. Normally, my ass would have been fired, but they needed the help.

Everyone was attached to Lily. Ky always wanted to help. Whether it was feeding her, changing her, or just watching her. He was so cute. He even read to her at night. He just kept telling me I'm going to be like Uncle Jimmy.

Today was the day that Alex was coming. You could say I was a nervous wreck... Mikey kept trying to calm me down, while Frank tried to distract everyone. In all reality, my family was ready to jump Alex. Why? I have no idea. I'm the one that never told him about Lily. Maybe just the fact alone that he knocked me up?

When the door bell rang, I froze. Gerard went and answered the door. Alex walked in with the band... And a girl? "So? What's the big thing you needed to talk to me about?" Alex asked, trying to be indifferent. I wouldn't lie, that hurt a little... But just a little.

"What? No hi? No Hey, Kels! How've you been?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, you were the one who made your choice." He snapped back.

"Now you hold on right there," Dad said, standing up.

"Dad, sit down," I said sternly. "I didn't ask you to come out here so we could fight. I came out here so I could tell... Well, show you something." He looked at me confused. "There was a reason why I asked Bam if I could move in with him after tour. One, you were acting like a jealous jackass. Two-"

"I wasn't jealous," he scoffed.

"Don't interrupt me," I snapped. He stepped back a little, surprised. "Two, I was pissed at you and didn't want to tell you something." I went over to Val and picked up Lily.

"Aw, cute baby! Whose is she?" Rian asked, smiling. Jack looked at him and slapped him upside the head. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"Really dude?" Zack M. asked, shaking his head.

Then, realization struck. "Oh! Oh..."

"Is that... Is she..." Alex couldn't even form a sentence.

"You're not going to seriously believe her, are you?" The blond bimbo standing next to him asked.

"Shut it, Blondie," Leana growled.

"How?" Alex asked, still confused.

"Things happen, Alex," I said.

He started shaking his head. "It can't be... She's not mine." With that said, he turned and started towards the door.

I don't know why, but I felt like my heart was breaking. Not because he was acting so cold towards me, but because he actually had the nerve to turn away from his daughter.