‹ Prequel: Temporary Home
Status: Finished!

Temporary Life

Chapter 9

Image

"Now just hold on one minute. Don't you dare walk away," Gerard growled, jumping up and following after Alex. "Do not tell me you can stand there and say that to Kelsi and your daughter. That baby in there is yours! She has so many of your features; you can't tell me you don't see it."

"Whatever, Gerard. If he wants to fucking act like that, let him. At least I told him," I said, turning and taking Lily into the kitchen.

"Kels do not walk away from this!" Gerard called after me.

"I'm not doing the walking, he is."

I heard quiet talking, and then a few minutes later, Jimmy walked in. I was holding Lily as I sang softly to her. "Jack and Rian are going to Alex out for a walk. They'll be back in a few... He's just scarred, Kels."

I sent him a glare. "Don't tell me you're taking his side now, Jimmy."

"There aren't any sides; I'm just stating the facts. What if it had been the other way around, Kels?"

I sighed, looking down at Lily. "I just remember how Dad actually wanted to take me in... I guess I was kind of hoping Alex would be happy about Lil. I could care less how he feels about me right now. I just don't want him to walk out on her now that he knows about her... I know how it feels when one of your parents doesn’t want you."

Jimmy sighed, walking over and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Well, whatever happens, you know you have all of us here for you." Lily made one of her cute little sounds. "Aw, see, Baby agrees with me," he said, smiling. "Isn't that right, Cutie?" I looked at the clock and noticed it was around the time for her to eat.

"Let's get a bottle, shall we?" Yes, I talk to her even though she can't talk back.

"Here, I'll take Baby while you get that for her," Jimmy said, taking her from me.

"Baby has a name!" I called after him as he went back to the living room.

"And Mama's still having mood swings!"

"Shut up, Green Bean!"

"Nice come back, Munchkin!" Ugh, there was no winning with that man. Ever!

As I walked back into the living room, so did Jack, Rian and Alex. Alex looked like he was feeling guilty. Good, Jackass.

I walked over to Jimmy, who was playing Keep the baby away from Papa Gates. "Jimmy, give Lily to him," I scolded. He pouted, but did as I said.

"You're lucky you had her in your arms or I would've punched you," Dad said, glaring at Jimmy as he took Lily from him. Jimmy just stuck his tongue out at him.

"Okay, Children." I laughed.

"Yes, Momma." Jimmy smiled.

"That just sounded weird," Leana said, shaking her head and laughing.

I looked up to see Alex looking at Lily. "Do you want to feed her?" I asked. He snapped out of his trance and looked at me.

"Um... I don't... Know how?"

"Here," I picked Lily up from Dad, much to his disappointment, and walked over to a spot on one of the empty couches. "Sit." He sat next to me and leaned back into the sofa. "Now hold your arms like a cradle to support her head." He did as I said, and I gently lay her in Alex's arms. Immediately, she started to cry. Alex tensed up even more and I took her back. "You need to relax, she can feel that you're uneasy," I told him. He nodded, and tried relaxing. I put her back in his arms and handed him the bottle. He gently put it to her mouth, and she stopped crying, latching onto the bottle. I saw a small smile play on his lips. "See, you just needed to relax," I said softly.

"How old is she?" He asked as he watched her.

"Six months."

He nodded. "What's her whole name?"

"Lily Rose Haner." He looked up at me when I said her last name. It looked like there was hurt in his eyes. "You weren't there, Alex."

"Because you didn't tell him. Why would he anyways? It could be Bam's for all he knows," Blondie scoffed. Oh hell no! Not another Missy. I'm not going to put up with this bitch too; I don't have a reason to.

"Stay out of this, Jessica," Alex snapped, giving her a hard look. She looked pissed at this. "I would've been there if you had told me, Kels," he said, looking back at me.

"You were acting like a total ass, Alex. And I wasn't going to put up with that."

He sighed, looking down. "I know, and I'm sorry for that." Whoa, wait? Am I hearing this right? "Fine, I admit it, I was jealous. But it hurt when you went to Bam first. I was your boyfriend, for crying out loud." I could tell he was trying to keep his voice under control.

"I know, Alex. I'm sorry for doing that. But I hadn't seen Bam in months and I thought he hated me. I was just taken by surprise and really wanted to hug him after so long. After I did, I turned to look for you, but you were gone."

"Well... Looks like I have a lot of making up to do," he said, smiling down at Lily.

"You're seriously going to believe her?! Why aren't you going to make her get a paternity test?!" Lily started crying at the bitch's yelling.

Alex groaned in frustration. "Really, Jessica? Now look what you did."

I took Lily from him and started to rock her. "Shh, come on, Little Girl, you're fine." I lay her head on my shoulder as I walked around.

Alex and Jessica suddenly got into a yelling match. "Hey, you two! Take it outside. You're not making matters better," Frank said, glaring at them. Frank rarely ever glared at someone when wasn't messing around. It was pretty scary.

I finally got Lily to calm down, and she soon fell asleep after getting her to burp. Dad wanted to hold her, so lay her in his arms and went to the kitchen. I started cleaning a little bit to keep my mind distracted. "Kels, stop cleaning," Ray said, walking in.

"It's fine. It's keeping me distracted."

Before he could say anything else, Alex walked in. "Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded and Ray walked back out. "So... Am I going to be able to see her?"

I was shocked. "Of course you'll be able to see her!"

"Ok, will I be able to take her for the weekend or something?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Not while you're living how you are and not while Blondie's with you."

"How do you know how I'm living?"

"Word travels fast, Hun," I said, crossing my arms. "You can come see her, or I can take her to you, but I stay."

He sighed, nodding. "It's better than nothing... I still want to be part of her life though, Kels."

"I know that. Now that you know, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll tell her about you all the time when you're not around. But I still expect you to call and send her cards for her birthday."

"I'll send more than a card for her birthday, Kels."

"This kid is already spoiled enough." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Kelsi! Bam wants to talk to you." Ky said, running in with my phone.

"Thanks, Ky," I said, taking it.

"Oh, you're still here." Ky said, frowning up at Alex. "Don't you dare make my little niece cry again, Buddy. Or I'll hurt you," he said, before walking out.

I held in my laugh as I put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Who was Ky just talking to?" Bam asked amused.

"Alex."

"Oh..." I frowned at his sudden change in attitude.

"What's up?"

"I was just wondering when you were coming back."

I sighed heavily, rubbing my forehead. "I don't know, Bam. Whenever Missy stops being a bitch."

"Kels, I know you two have your differences." No shit. "But, I talked to her and she's going to back off. Do you think you two can get along?"

"I told you. I will show respect when I receive it. You know that."

"I know, and I'm not asking you to change that... I just misses you."

"It's been a fricken week, Bam."

"But a lonely week! We don't have anything good to eat."

"Oh, so that's all I'm good for?" I asked in a joking tone. But of course he didn't pick up on it.

"No! Ugh, please just come home soon."

"Don't worry." I said, laughing. "We'll be coming back tomorrow."

"And by we you mean..."

"Lil and I. I don't know what everyone else has planned, but we'll be back some time tomorrow afternoon."

"Ok! We'll see you then. I have to go do something. Love you!"

"Love you too."

Missy better hold up to her word, or I will not hold back next time.