Baby Baker

Chapter 18

Image

Throughout the rest of the day, I had managed to avoid Brian. But, when I had gotten home, I wasn't so lucky. "Sen, can we please talk about earlier?" he sighed as I walked past him and into the kitchen to grab some Advil.

"Talk about what?" I asked, trying to brush it off.

"You know what, don't play that with me."

"Well, it seems you have no problem playing with me," I said, looking him dead in the eyes.

“I’m not playing you.”

"Obviously you are, Brian."

"No, I'm not."

"Are you still with Michelle?" He was silent. "There's my point," I said, walking out back, and away from him.

I sat there for a while, before deciding to head down to the beach. "I'll be back later," I said, walking through the living room and to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Zack asked.

"For a walk." I drove down to the beach, and took off my shoes, before walking in the sand. I always did this when I needed to clear my mind. The crashing of the waves was always a calming sound.

I walked around for a bit, before sitting down. I looked out at the sun shinning on the waves. It made them look like they were glittering.

"You look like you need a friend." I looked up and saw a boy who seemed to be around my age.

"Just clearing my mind, really," I said, smiling.

"Mind if I join you?"

I shook my head. "Not at all."

He sat next to me and held out his hand. "Cal."

"Sendra, but everyone calls me Sen," I said, shaking his hand.

"Sendra. That's not a name you hear often. I like it, it's original," he said, smiling.

"Thanks." We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. "So, where do you go to school?"

"Oh, I just moved here. I'll start at Huntington High tomorrow."

"Nice, that's where I go. Senior?" He nodded. “Me too.”

"Awesome, maybe you could show me around?"

I nodded. "Sure, I wouldn't mind showing you around." I looked at my watch and noticed I had been here for two hours. "Well, I should be heading home."

"Of course," he said, standing up and helping me up.

Then, I got an idea. "Why don't you come over and hang out a bit?" I suggested.

He looked cautious. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, you look like you could use a friend." I smiled, saying what he had earlier. He smiled back, shaking his head. "Come on. I brought my car so we don't have to walk."

It was only about a ten minute drive. But in those ten minutes, I had found out a lot about him. He was from San Diego. He had two older brothers and one little sister. His parents were divorced, so he rarely saw his dad. He had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and his ex was psycho. Well, we had some things in common!

"I have to warn you. I have a twin brother and his friends are still probably over. They're a crazy bunch, especially when it comes to me and guys. Even if they're just friends," I told him, before opening the front door. "I'm back!" I called.

"Living room!" Matt called back.

"Of course." Cal laughed quietly as he followed me. "Guys, I want you to meet someone," I said, trying to get their attention.

"Who's that?" Zack asked immediately.

"That's what I was going to tell you. Guys, this is Cal. He just moved here from San Diego. He'll be going to the same school as us. Cal, these are the idiots I call my brothers." I smirked at their facial expressions.

"You little shit," Jimmy said, glaring at me.

"Oh, kiss my ass, Sullivan," I said, rolling my eyes. I saw him grin. "Don't even! That was a joke!"

"Mhmm, you know you want it. All the girls do," he said, smiling lazily.

"Oh, yes. We're all so horny for the 'pretty woman'," Val said, laughing.

"You told her?!" Jimmy screeched, glaring at Matt who was crying because he was laughing so hard.

"Sorry, Dude. Couldn't help it," he gasped between laughs.

"Screw you," Jimmy huffed.

"Aw, I still love you, Jim." I laughed, kissing his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah. Go away."

I laughed. "Come on, Cal. Let's leave them to what they were doing," I said, heading towards the stairs.

"Well, she moves on fast," I heard Michelle say, not so discretely.

"What was that?" I asked, turning back around.

"Michelle, don't start," Brian snapped.

"Oh, so just because her tongue was down your throat today, you're going to start defending her?"

"What?!" Everyone yelled, looking between us.

"I was defending her before that, Michelle," Brian shot back.

"Back to who's tongue being down who's throat." Zack started off calmly. "What the fuck happened?!"

"It wasn't like that, Zack," I sighed, knowing he was going to freak out.

"Then what was it like, Sen?"

"You know, on second thought, let's go out," I said, turning to Cal. I grabbed my wallet and keys, and headed for the door. I caught Brian's pissed off look as I walked out the door.

"Are you sure you should be leaving?" Cal asked, unsure as we got in my car.

"It's fine," I said, getting in. I was going to hang out with my new friend. Screw Brian, he wasn't going to mess with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) hehe. And you guys thought they were going to get together! You crazy people.