Baby Baker

Chapter 23

Image

The next morning, I woke up to someone rubbing my arm softly and saying my name. "Sen, wake up." I groaned, and buried my face in my pillow. They chuckled. "Come on, Sen." I finally noticed it was Brian.

"I don't wanna." I mumbled into the pillow.

"But you got to get up and go to school," he said.

"Who says?"

"The school..." No shit, Dip Stick!

"Can't we just skip today?"

"Hey now. I know that's not my straight A student talking." He laughed, playing with my hair. "Now, come on. Matt made breakfast." I looked up at him with wide eyes. "No, Matt's a good cook, remember? It's Jimmy you got to watch out for." I rolled my eyes, and tried to get up. Unfortunately, I was tangled in the covers and ended up rolling off the bed. He looked down at me, an amused look on his face.

"Fucker, don't you even think about laughing," I growled. He smiled and leaned down to help me up.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing the top of my head.

"I don't know," I said, laying my head on his chest.

"You feeling ok?" He asked, rubbing small circles on my back.

"Yeah, just trying to wake up," I said, pulling away and walking down stairs.

I groaned as I sat next to Brian, laying my head on his shoulder. I could already
tell today was going to be a long day. "What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing my back.

"Don't want to be up."

"You were fine last night. You not feeling good?"

“Just really tired. I can tell it’s going to be a long day…”

“We’ll get some coffee before school.”

"I'm going to go get ready," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Aw, you're not going to eat my amazing breakfast I made?" Matt asked with a pout.

"I'm sure it's amazing, Matt. But I'm going to have to pass this time."

I was ready by the time the others were, but I couldn't find my keys. "Guys! Have you seen my keys?!"

"Yeah, Brian took them hostage," Jimmy said casually as he walked to the living room. I followed him, seeing Brian sitting on the couch. I stood in front of him, putting my hands on my hips.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Where are they?"

"You look cute today," he said, smiling.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Not getting you out of it."

He got up and wrapped his arms around my waist. "What if I told you that you looked really cute?"

"Then I'd have to tell you that you looked like a gay pirate," I said with a serious face. Jimmy busted up laughing as Brian looked at me horrified.

"Gee thanks. I try giving you a compliment, and you shoot me down. I see how you are," he said, going to sit back down.

"Na uh," I said, pulling him back. "Where are my keys, Mr.?"

"Hiding?"

"Why do you feel the need to take my things hostage?" I asked curiously.

"What else have I taken hostage?"

"Hmm, let's see. My bra once, my keys, my actual car, my brother, shall I go on?" He was standing there with a goofy smile on his face.

"Good times."

"Dude, her bra?" Matt asked confused.

I blushed a bright red, trying to forget that particular memory. "Hey! It was a joke. We were just messing around," he said, shrugging.

"Okay, time to go," I said, starting to walk out of the room.

"Wait." Brian caught up with me. "I'm taking you to school today. So go get your stuff and meet me in my car," he said, before heading out front.

I got in and he pulled out of the drive way. "Bri... You know just because I said I'd give you a chance, doesn't automatically mean we're together, right?" I asked softly, not wanting to upset him.

He looked at me and smiled. "I know, I'm going to do this right. It's not just going to be a hook up that turns into a relationship, Sen. I'm going to show you how a guy is really supposed to treat you. My daddy raised me the right way." I laughed at his last comment.

"True. Papa would kick your ass if you did something stupid."

"I'm surprised he already hasn't," he mumbled under his breath.

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "With me dating Michelle. He never really liked her."

I gave a short laugh. "Can you blame him?"

"No... Okay, enough about that. What do you have planned for Valentine's?"

"Nothing, why?"

He just smiled. "Good."

"Why?" I asked again.

"Just keep it that way."

"You aren't going to tell me, are you?"

"Nope." I huffed, crossing my arms and pouting. "That's not going to work." He laughed. A sudden idea popped into my head as a smile slowly crawled onto my lips. "What's that look for? What are you thinking? I really don‘t like that look."

"Oh, nothing..." I said, biting my lip.

"That is not a nothing look! What are you up to you, evil woman?"

"I'm evil now, huh?"

"You've always been evil, but that's what I like about you." I noticed we were pulling into the school, so I saved my plan for later.

As we were walking, he took my hand in his. I looked down, then up to him, cocking an eyebrow. "What? I can't hold your hand now?"

"People are going to notice."

"And? Your point." I smiled and kept walking. He laughed lightly, leaning down to place a light kiss on my cheek.

"Careful, Haner. Won't want to be getting tangled up in that," Kent said, glaring at me.

"What are you talking about, Kent?" Brian asked.

"You know about her. Just because she's your friend's sister doesn't mean shit. Who knows what she's done," he said, looking at me disgustedly.

"And what shit has been planted in your ear now?" Brian asked, clearly becoming pissed off.

"Oh, just the usual. Her being a whore... Not to mention having a kid." My heart stopped. He knew... That meant the whole school knew by now. But who? Michelle or Trey? God, this couldn't be happening.

"I don't know where the hell you heard that, but you better keep it to yourself," Brian hissed.

"Trey told me, Michelle confirmed it. Seeing as your friends with her, I thought you would've known."

"Kent, do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut."

"It doesn't matter. Everyone knows who she really is now."

I was fighting hard to hold back the tears. This was the whole reason why we had moved, so I wouldn't have that image anymore. I had tried so hard to turn my life around and make it better.

I pulled my hand out of Brian's and tried walking away, but he caught me. "Sen, don't listen to him," he whispered, stroking my hair.

"I just want to be alone right now, Bri," I mumbled, before running to the closest bathroom.

I ran into one of the stalls and slid down the wall, hugging my knees to my chest. Why? Why was this happening? Every time it got good, it would turn bad again...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sen's outfit

I should be writing my English paper... But this is more interesting!

P.S. - go read JessickaaJealousyy story! It's called Summer of Decisions :) it's just getting started but is good