Baby Baker

Chapter 3

Image

"Hey, Sendra!" I turned around to see Trey calling my name.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, thinking he needed help with his math again.

"There's this party tonight. You should totally come."

"Um, I'm not too big on parties."

"I know Zack was invited, I think all the guys were. Come on, it'll be fun," he said, pouting.

"Why?" I asked, laughing.

"What if I told you I wanted you to go?" He asked, smiling cheekily. I blushed, looking away. "See, you totally want to go now, don't you?"

I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "I'll think about it."

"I'll see you there," he smirked, walking away.

"I said I'd think about it!" I called after him, laughing.

"Think about what?" Jimmy asked, throwing his arm around my shoulder. I jumped in surprise.

"Damn you, Jimmy. Don't scare me like that."

He just laughed. "Well, sorry if you're just jumpy!"

"Whatever," I said, pushing his arm away.

"Anyways... Back to the question I asked you. What are you going to think about?" I distracted myself with my combo for my locker, pretending not to hear him. "Sendra Cathleen Baker, what are you trying to hide, Missy?"

"What're you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Woman! You are so confusing sometimes!"

"Sounds like a personal problem to me," I said, laughing as I walked outside to find Zack.

"Zack! Your sister is a brat!" Jimmy huffed, crossing his arms and glaring at me.

Zack just laughed. "What'd you do now?"

"Nothing! Jimmy's just loosing it."

"Alright, who is he?" Val asked with a knowing smirk.

"What?" I asked confused. Even though Michelle and I don't get along, Val and I are pretty close.

"Who's the boy? You have that crush glow."

"Boy?! What?!" Zack yelped.

"Really, Zack? You're always asking me when I'll get a boyfriend and now you're freaking out-"

"Boyfriend?! Ok, wait, wait, wait. I'm confused now," Matt said, walking over.

"Nothing, Zack's being weird. Can we just go home?" I sighed, readjusting by bag as it suddenly got heavier.

"If you fill me in on what's going on." Zack said.

"Zachary James Baker, I swear to God! Get your ass in the car so we can go home," I growled, getting in the front passenger seat. I heard some mumbling between them, before Jimmy got in the back and we were off. The whole car ride was silent.

Sometimes he doesn't drop subjects that don't matter and it frustrates me. He knew this was one of them.

When we got home, I went straight up to my room. I had decided I was going to the party, so I needed to start getting ready. Who knew how long it would take me to figure out how I would get ready. Let's just say, I wasn't the most feminine.

"Sen?" Zacky asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" I called, not looking up from my book.

"Hey... I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just curious. You're my baby sister, I'm allowed to worry about you." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"I know, Zack. But sometimes you're just annoying!"

"Hey, I'm your brother. That's what I'm supposed to do!" I looked at him as he smiled. He walked over and wrapped me in a hug. "Oh, what would I do without you, my little brainiac?"

"I am not a brainiac. I just do my homework!"

"True... Which reminds me, can you help me with mine sometime this weekend?"

"Before or after you get hammered?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Don't look at me like that. We haven't gotten hammered in a while."

"You call two weeks a while?"

"... Yes..."

"Yeah, I'll help you. Now please get out. I need to get ready."

"For what?" He asked confused.

"The party. Trey invited me."

"Oh, okay." He shrugged, turning to leave. "Wait a minute!" he said, suddenly stopping. "That's who Val was talking about?!"

"Goodbye, Zachary." I laughed, pushing him out and locking my door.

"He just better keep his hands to himself!"

God my brother was weird...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Thanks to those who commented! Please more! :)