Baby Baker

Chapter 35

Image

*Sen's P.O.V.*

There was a knock on the bathroom door a minute later. "Sen, can I come in?" It was Brian.

"Give me a sec.," I said, trying to sound normal as I wiped my eyes.

"Babe, I know you're crying. Just let me in," he sighed. I opened the door just a crack. "Sen-"

"When did you guys find out?" I asked softly.

"That doesn't matter right now. Please come out."

I walked out and lay my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. "I'm going to miss you guys," I mumbled, burring my face into his chest.

"We'll call every change we get, Baby. You know we will."

"How long will you guys be gone?"

"I think a few months." I nodded, realizing that I was going to have to go off to college on my own... "We would bring you with us in a heart beat if we could, Sen," he said, kissing the top of my head.

"I know." I let out a deep breath, before pulling away. "I have to go work on my speech," I said, before passing him and going to my room.

Just in two days time, they would be gone... It was time to learn how to stand on my own two feet.

*Brian's P.O.V.*

I watched as Sen ran to her room, hiding brand new tears. I felt horrible. Things were going good between us, and now, I had a bad feeling.

"Where is she?" Zack asked as I walked back into the living room.

"Her room," I sighed, flopping down onto the couch. I saw the upset look on Zack's face and knew he felt bad. "We can't back out of it now, Zack."

"I know that, Brian... I just hate seeing her like this and knowing it's my fault."

"Nothing's your fault. She's just sad that we'll be gone," I said, trying to help him out.

"That, and she'll have to go off to college on her own," Jimmy said, staring off into space, thinking out loud.

Zack's eyes bulged. "That didn't even cross my mind! Fuck!" He stood up and started pacing.

"Zack, chill out. What's done is done. Sen will be upset for a while, then she’ll get over it. But there's nothing we can do about it," Matt said.

"Yes there is!"

"What?" He stopped pacing and put his head in his hands. "Don't even fucking say it, Zachary," Matt growled. "We have worked too hard towards this. I love Sen just like a sister and you know that. But we can't just throw this away because she's upset."

"I know, Matt! Alright?! I fucking now that! I'm just scared!"

"Scared about what?" Johnny asked.

"Leaving her alone..."

"You don't think she would do anything..." I said, trailing off.

He sighed, shaking his head slowly. "I don't know."

*Sendra's P.O.V.*

I was sitting at my bay window, when Brian walked in. He walked over and moved my legs to rest in his lap as he sat down. He rubbed my legs soothingly as he looked at the floor. "You're not mad at us, are you?" He asked quietly.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "How could I ever be mad at you guys? You just got signed! Something you've been dreaming off!"

"But we're leaving you..." He looked up at me with sad eyes. I looked down at my lap, not knowing what to say. "Let's go for a walk," he said, standing up and taking my hand in his.

We ended up walking all the way down to the beach. The whole time, it was silent. We didn't say a word until we got down to the sandy shoreline of the beach that we always came to. We would always sit under the pier and watch the sunset together, when we had the time. Lately, we hadn't because of his hectic schedule with the band and mine with school.

He sat down and then sat me in his lap. He held me from behind as I lay against his chest. We watched the sun lower under the horizon. The sunset's colors danced on the water, making it look magical.

Then one thought hit me... This would probably be the last sunset Brian and I would watch together.

"Bri... I think we should talk," I whispered, not trusting my voice to speak any louder. I slipped out of his lap, and turned to face him.

"What is it?" I kept my eyes on the sand underneath me, wanting to postpone this as much as I could. "Baby..." His right hand cupped my cheek, gently stroking it with his thumb.

I closed my eyes, wanting to remember his touch for forever.

"I can't," I whimpered, before standing up and walking away quickly.

"Sen, wait!" He called, running to catch up with me. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" More tears fell as he tried to get me to look at him. "Sendra, you're scaring me... What's wrong?" He asked, his voice suddenly becoming shaky.

I pulled away from his grasp, wrapping my arms around myself. "Bri... This relationship has been nothing but wonderful. True, we may have had our little fights here and there, but who doesn't? Sometimes I thought I would just wake up and it be a dream... I never thought I could love someone so much and them love me back just as much... I thought I was just living in a Fairy Tale Dream. You fixed my heart when I thought it couldn't be mended anymore. You made me realize there is good in bad situations... But what's going to happen when you go off on tour?"

"Nothing's going to happen. Everything's going to stay the same, Sen," he said confused.

"Not it won't, Bri... Things are going to change. Just like people change." I took a deep breath, trying to keep my breathing under control. "There are prettier girls out there, Bri and you're going to find them. You're going to have an urge, and shouldn't need to resist it. I'll be off at college and won't have a lot of free time... I think it's just best..."

"No, Sen. Baby, we'll make it work. So many people before have made it work! Why can't we?!"

"Because obviously fate's against me, Brian. It's not going to happen... It's better this way than getting hurt in the end because of a slip up or being torn apart."

"Screw fate! And I'll have the guys duck tape my pants closed or something! I'll post pictures of Jimmy in a thong everywhere so I won't have that urge! Sen, don't do this... I will get on my knees and beg you right now... Please... You can't do this."

"I'm so sorry..." I started backing away, shaking my head as the tears flowed. "I love you so much, Bri."

"Then don't do this."

"I have to..."

I'm saving us both this way
♠ ♠ ♠
I almost started crying while writing this!! :'(
Wonder what Sen meant by she's saving them both... Hmm... tell me what you think in a comment!