Baby Baker

Chapter 39

Image

*Sen's P.O.V.*

"Sen, wait!" I heard Jimmy's familiar voice call from behind, as his footsteps ran up to me. "Are you sure you should be walking around by yourself?" He asked, taking a hold of my hand.

I shrugged. "I've gotten around fine before."

"But you're in an unknown place. You can trip over something, run into something, or-"

"Jimmy, I get the point," I said, laughing lightly. "But you don't have to come along with me because you think you have to."

"Hey, who said anything about that?" I just shrugged and continued to walk slowly.

"He misses you, Sen... We all do," he whispered after a few minutes of silence.

"Zack is my twin, Jimmy. We have that twin bond. So whenever one of us is away for a long tim-"

"No, Sen. I mean, I know what you're talking about, but I didn't mean Zack."

My heart stuttered at his simple words. He couldn't mean Brian, could he? I mean there was Matt, but he had Val... There was still Johnny, but we hadn't been that close... Damn, why did he have to bring this up.

"And?"

"And... I know you're thinking about it because you've been silent for the last few minutes... Why can't you just admit that you missed him too?"

"Because that would be a lie."

He suddenly stopped. "Sen, don't shut me out, please." I could hear the plead in his soft tone. "I know you didn't want to end things, so why did you?"

"You wouldn't understand," I mumbled, before turning away.

He caught my hand and held me in place. "Try me."

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "Because I didn't want him to feel like he was held down while he was on tour. I knew there were going to be tons of girls throwing themselves at him. I'm not stupid... I just didn't want to go through that kind of heart break again."

"But you still went through heart break."

"Some things you need to do for the one you love."

"And for yourself." He stroked my hair as he pulled me into his chest. "I know you were only protecting yourself from getting hurt, Sen, but you still hurt yourself in the process."

"Not as much as if he would have cheated on me."

"Would he have? Do you really think he would have cheated on you?"

"I know how temptation works, Jim. You might not mean to do something, but you still do it."

"Do you think we would have let him give in to that temptation?"

"You guys wouldn't have been around him all the time, so you wouldn't have known."

I felt his chest rise and fall as he sighed. "Come on, we should get back."

"I think I'm going to walk around a bit more," I said, pulling my hand away from his.

"Oh no you don't." Before I knew what was happening, I felt myself being lifted. When I came in contact with a bony point, I knew he had thrown me over his shoulder.

"Asshole," I grumbled.

He laughed. "Same old Sen."

Yeah, just with a bit more problems

"Jimmy, why is my sister over your shoulder?" I heard Zack ask.

"Zack! Get me down," I said, holding my hands out for at least someone to get me down.

"Here you go," I heard Matt say as he lifted me away from Jimmy and my feet were back on the solid ground. I wobbled a little from the blood that had rushed to my head, then steadied myself.

"But I was having fun as Sen being my little rag doll," I heard the pout in Jimmy's voice, and clung onto Matt's side.

Matt laughed as he lead me to what I assumed was the couch from earlier. I saw some shadowed figures sitting across from me and figured they were the same guys from earlier.

"So, Sen, I have a question to ask you, but I don't know if it's too straight forward or offensive," I heard Pete ask.

I shook my head. "It's okay, shoot."

"What's the one thing you miss seeing?"

I took a deep breath. That wasn't a hard question. "The sunset." I heard someone choking on water and knew it was Brian.

He was the only person I had taken to my secret place to watch the sunset. Not even Zack knew. I went there almost every night to watch it. I still do.

"It's my favorite time of day. All the colors of the sky meet together, just before the sun goes down. The ocean glitters like it's something magical and mysterious from all the colors setting above it's horizon." There was a bit of silence, but I thought I could see him nodding his head. "You must think I'm crazy," I said, laughing slightly.

"Not at all. It's beautiful the way you describe it. Are you sure you aren't a musician?"

"No, I was more into taking pictures. I love music, but I can't sit down and write a song like you guys can."

"That's a shame. You seem like you have a wide imagination."

"Oh, she does," I heard Brian mumble. I shot him a questioning glance, but left it alone.

"Do you still take pictures?" Pete asked further.

"Dude, what kind of question is that?" One of his friends said.

"No, it's fine. And, yes, I do."

There was silence for a few minutes. "How do you know what you're taking a picture of?"

"Well, for sunsets, there's that certain feel I get. The air isn't too hot or cold, it's more of a warm breeze, before the sun sets and things cool down. With other scenery, I've played around a bit and ask Cal to look at them and tell me what they look like. Some are total flops, when others are okay. I'm not going to let my poor eyesight keep me from doing something I love. I just imagine things how they were before the accident."

Just like his chocolate-brown orbs
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry updates have been off lately guys. Hope this makes up for it!
I have a new story up! Go check it out - Just A Dream